3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: What bow would you want back?  (Read 2838 times)

Online Walt Francis

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: What bow would you want back?
« Reply #60 on: July 12, 2014, 09:12:00 PM »
A Dale Dye one piece with, medicine points, Osage veneers, and osage riser.  I ordered the bow and waited almost two years for it to arrive.  Unfortunately, shortly after ordering it I had trouble with the right shoulder and had surgery shortly before it arrived.  Had to shoot left-handed for a couple of years.  Finally, I sold the bow two years after receiving it, thinking I would not be able to shoot right handed again.  A year after selling it the shoulder finally got better and I now do 90% of my shooting from the right side.  

Last time I seen heard of it, Danny Rowen had it  and was giving it away as a Christmas raffle here on TradGang; Just because that is how Danny is (Damm, there are sure a lot of Good people here!).  Honestly, I can't say how it shot because of the pain I felt when trying to shoot it, but I'd sure like to put a few arrows through that bow.
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline Traxx

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: July 12, 2014, 09:46:00 PM »
The first real bow i ever owned.Given to me by my grandad,when i was about 10 er so.He made it back in the 40's.I shot that bow up through high school and gave it to my nephew after grandad passed on.Nephew broke it seein how far he could pull it over the top of his bedroom door.
Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye. Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark.

Offline Keith Zimmerman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2014, 06:50:00 AM »
I had some Schafer limbs that had TX Rat Snakes skins applied by Dave,  They were around 65#,  Im not sure who has them now.

Offline Uncle Buck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2014, 07:51:00 AM »
back around 82 I had a PSE recurve 62 or 64" 55@28.
It was accurate and drew smooth as a hot knife through butter. It had an aluminum handle and I traded it because I lived in Northern Michigan then and it made my hand cold in the late season. I wish I still had it because I now live in Georgia!

« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2014, 08:00:00 AM »
Bob Lee TD Longbow, 41#--great shooter I abandoned for beauty!

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2014, 08:22:00 AM »
I've sold some, given away some, and have plenty still hanging on the wall.

Of the ones I've parted with, the Tamars Super Racli (Italian made) 66" 40@28 RD longbow would be the one I'd want back first. I sold it for a steal to a young lady getting into archery. I told her if she ever got rid of it I wanted first shot. She's never called. I'm guessing she still likes it. It was one quiet bow that loved GT Trad 1535s. I traded a post vise for it.

It's not a Cadillac bow, but it was a smooth good shooter.
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Online Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2014, 02:02:00 PM »
A bamboo cored 64-inch Critter Gitter.  Also, a one piece Asbel era Bighorn. Parted with a Morrison Shawnee when it got a bit heavy for me, but have since replaced it with another. Still looking for the others.

Offline horseapple

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2014, 05:44:00 PM »
Back in the late 80s I had a beautiful Chastain Wapita T/D 70@29 regret selling that bow, it was a screamer.

jd

Offline horseapple

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: July 13, 2014, 05:49:00 PM »

Offline Bladepeek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: July 13, 2014, 07:28:00 PM »
I traded for a Lost Creek Life Ender. Bow was a right hander and I was in the process of switching to lefty. I sold it to a young lady getting started in Trad archery and who was looking for a pretty bow to start with. I now shoot from both sides and would buy that one back in a minute.

60" Bear Super K LH 40#@28
69" Matt Meacham LH 42@28
66" Swift Wing LH 35@28
54" Java Man Elk Heart LH 43@28
62"/58" RER LXR LH 44/40@28

Offline Pokerdaddy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: July 13, 2014, 09:56:00 PM »
Great Northern Fireball.  At 43# it was my first "nice" bow and I mistakenly thought I needed to move up in weight to hunt.  Man, that bow just fit me...been chasing that feeling ever since.  Traded it on TG, and I know where it is, but haven't got her back...yet.  This picture was taken right after we moved into our new house, so please don't judge the purple paint    :rolleyes:  

RER LX.  Great bow.  52@28.  Still don't know why I sold it.  Contacted the TG'er in Colorado I sold it to, but he had already sold it.  If you see this bow, I'd love to buy her back.

And a Mohawk I sold to Ron W, a Dwyer Original that went out East, and I THINK that's about it!
Michigan Longbow Association
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters
Michigan Bowhunters
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
US Army 1992-94

Offline sswv

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: July 13, 2014, 11:34:00 PM »
A Wes Martin 'Mosshorn'. It was 58"s and 44@28. The bamboo lams were a sorta funny greenish color. Last I heard Vermonster sent it to a reservation somewhere up north for some kids to shoot. If I can't have it I'm glad those kids do. Hope they're still enjoying it.

Offline Big Ed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: July 15, 2014, 09:13:00 AM »
My Schafer is coming home!!    :jumper:    :jumper:    :jumper:
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Offline wtpops

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: July 15, 2014, 09:39:00 AM »
My A&H ACS CX 64" 48# @ 28". The only one i ever regret selling.
TGMM Family of the Bow
"OVERTHINKING" The art of creating problems that weren't even there!

Offline inthere10x

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: July 15, 2014, 11:25:00 AM »
Bob Lee "stick" 48@28"

Offline Critch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: July 15, 2014, 03:52:00 PM »
I had a Browning Nomad in 1979 that I dearly loved to shoot. It disappeared from my truck one day at college along with some tools.

I'm still mad about it...
I don't know if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who mean it. -Mark Twain

Offline Pheonixarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: July 15, 2014, 07:35:00 PM »
I had a 56" Striker Stinger that was 44#@28". It was a great shooting little bow. Perfect for working on form because it was so easy to pull and hold. Mis that thing every time my form needs work. (A lot! Lol)
Plant a fruit or nut tree today, and have good hunting tomorrow.
=}}}}}-----------------------------}>

Offline reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: July 15, 2014, 09:28:00 PM »
I'd want my Ben Pearson 30# lemonwood longbow I given for Christmas 1955.
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA
Mayberry Archers

Offline BD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: July 16, 2014, 09:53:00 PM »
In almost 25 years (and about the same number of bows) of shooting recurves, I can honestly say that I never let one go that I wanted back. When I start thinking that the bow might not be the best for me, I usually wait about 2 years before selling. I have sold: Schafer, Widow, Assenheimer, Rose oak, Palmer, Martin, RER, Marriah, etc. and have no regrets. I currently have 4 with a Wes Wallace due soon. The only ones I have owned that I would never sell are my Habu and Hoyt Gamemaster 2. They shoot the best for me year after year.
BD

Online Sean B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: July 17, 2014, 03:50:00 PM »
Ed, that's freegin awesome!!!  I'd like to have my 1st Morrison Cheyenne A riser with water snake covered C limbs and my
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
NY Bowhunters Association
BW KB X
BW PCH X
BW PSR X
Robertson Tribal Styk

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©