3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Buyer Beware!! Do Not Purchase from Astra Archery!  (Read 723 times)

Offline el chupa nibre

• Trad Bowhunter
Buyer Beware!! Do Not Purchase from Astra Archery!
« on: July 09, 2014, 06:04:00 PM »
Not sure if anyone even knows about this company, Astra Archery, but they manufacture a product that is an updated version of the Form Master. Looked pretty well put together and figured it would be a nice way to practice on my form indoors....

It has been little over three weeks now and I have not received any sort of tracking number. Left a couple voicemails and emails with no reply. Just checked out their Facebook page and lo and behold there are multiple people who have gotten burned by this scumbag! Calling my bank and BBB as I type this.

Again, not sure if anyone even knew about this product, but just putting it out there... Do Not Buy from Astra Archery!

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Buyer Beware!! Do Not Purchase from Astra Archery!
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 07:36:00 PM »
All the more reason to only deal with sponsors of this site.

I have never heard of that Company, but thank you for the heads up.
Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Online The Whittler

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 08:21:00 PM »
Thank you.

Offline longbow fanatic 1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 08:40:00 PM »
I bought the form master type product you're speaking of from Astra Archery. It took awhile to come, but it came and I couldn't be happier with the product. I tried to get ahold of them too because of the delay, but couldn't. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Online Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 08:10:00 AM »
THX for posting,,  we need to know about these companys.
"Us vs Them"

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2014, 01:51:00 PM »
Sounds like they may just be a slow delivery.  Hate to see honest people's integrity bashed on cyber space with no opp to defend themselves.  Please be careful. . .  We have seen this before as everything actually turns out ok.  Hope it works out for you.  Keep us posted. . . perhaps with good news.

Dan in KS
If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat? ~anon

Bears can attack people- although fewer people have been killed by bears than in all WWI and WWII combined.

Offline el chupa nibre

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2014, 03:55:00 PM »
I am all for eating my own words. I actually really wanted to receive this item as I thought it was a thoughtful improvement on the original Form Master.

I was more than willing to wait a few more weeks for some kind of response back. But after reading some reviews on Astra's Facebook page, where there was even one person waiting for two months with still no product in hand all while enduring complete silence from this vendor, I decided I am not going to wait that long for the possibility that this vendor will exercise some decent business sense.

The bank has already taken care of this issue. Hopefully, this vendor decides to continue to make this business work for him/her. When that seems reasonably apparent, I will try purchasing again, but until then I am going to spend that $60 on other things.

Longbow fanatic, just for my own curiosity, how long was your wait?

Offline longbow fanatic 1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2014, 04:50:00 PM »
Paul,

I need to correct my earlier post. I checked my emails and found that I sent them an email and did in fact get a response. Here are the specifics:

I ordered mine on July 27, 2013. I sent them an email August 8th and got a response from Astra August 19th. The sales department associate, Tyler Benner, sent me a follow-up email saying they had just completed a move to a new warehouse, apologized for the slow response, saying they were scrambling to play catch-up and wanted to assure I received my product. My interaction with Astra, albeit slow, was a good one.

Here is the email address it came from. Perhaps if you choose to attempt another purchase, you may want to email Mr. Benner.

[email protected]

Offline el chupa nibre

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2014, 07:46:00 PM »
longbow fanatic,

Yep, that was the email and the phone number listed on the website went to Mr. Benner. Never got a chance to ever start a conversation with him since I only ever got his voicemail and he never responded to my email.

Maybe I am overreacting and jumped the gun? I hate to seem like I'm a product of the age of instant gratification, but I just really dislike when someone takes my money immediately and then decides to keep me in the dark. If Mr. Benner ever does get back to me regarding those emails and voicemails I left him, I'll be sure to let you all know and update the situation.

And KSdan, thank you for reminding me of the importance of exercising some discretion when it comes to airing dirty laundry! Will bear that in mind for the future.

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2014, 08:01:00 PM »
el chupa-  Thanks for your mature response.  Sure not trying to jump on you. . .  Can fully understand the frustration.  I also know that I have screwed up more times in life than I can remember. Grace goes a long way though. . .  and comes around. Often much more to a story. . .   maybe the owner is sitting in a hospital with a dying loved one.   Time will surely tell.

Hope it works out soon for you.

Dan in KS
If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat? ~anon

Bears can attack people- although fewer people have been killed by bears than in all WWI and WWII combined.

Offline macster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2014, 04:21:00 PM »
I have been waiting about 6-7 weeks now, no product or any responses to my emails or phone messages. It only took them about half a day to take my money though!

Offline el chupa nibre

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2014, 05:59:00 PM »
I can understand your frustration. My bank took care of the issue and refunded the money back. But I did really want that Shot Trainer...

Offline Wheels2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2014, 12:51:00 AM »
It would be nice to know if the issue was intentional, bad business practice, personal emergency, or incompetence.
Super Curves.....
Covert Hunter Hex9h
Morrison Max 6 ILF
Mountain Muffler strings to keep them quiet
Shoot as much weight as you can with accuracy

Offline oldbohntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2014, 12:24:00 PM »
You'll never know all those answers, and I don't think you should need to.  It's up to them to provide customer service - if it is poor, their business will fail.  I have a retirement business that provides local service and sells new products on a web site.  I developed a health problem last fall and couldn't work for 8 months.  I was unable to notify my customer list- about a thousand names. I did tell the ones who called, but I still lost business because I could not work.    I'm back now and the business will eventually recover, after I spend the time rebuilding it.  

I don't buy the thought that buying from a web site is looking for instant gratification.  When one builds a sales web site, they are looking to sell a LOT more stuff!  If they do it right, they sure will.  If they have the sense God gave a goose, they know good service depends on good communication-especially when your customers don't know you in any way!

It may be wrong to jump to the conclusion they are scumbags, but it does sound like they are simply terrible at customer service.  Their web site and their business will likely be gone soon.
Tom

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2014, 03:02:00 PM »
el chupa nibre, whether you jumped the gun or not is not at issue. Customer service is the essence of any business relationship. They owed a timely and accurate response to your inquiries as a matter of common courtesy, and you are justified in being upset at their lack of response. I spent a lot of years doing jobs in which good customer service was crucial, so I know what I am talking about. There is no excuse in businesses failing to follow up with customers, regardless of volume of business, warehouse relocation, or anything else. They may not be bad folks at all, but it seems they need to improve business practices.
Sam

Offline macster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2014, 09:18:00 PM »
I filed a formal complaint with the Better Business Bureau in California, doubt it works but gotta try something.

Offline cahaba

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2014, 12:58:00 AM »
Legitimate complaints in my mind. If they are behind or whatever they should tell you upfront to expect delayed deliveries. It's good to know what kind of service people experience with different companies good or bad.
Integrity is earned by practicing doing good business and treating customers right. Not responding to emails and ignoring someone is purely disrespectful. They respond quick to your order and emails should be met with the same enthusiasm.
cahaba: A Choctaw word that means
"River from above"

Offline gonefishing600

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2014, 10:13:00 PM »
Lancaster Archery sells the same trainer. And  Lancaster is very reputable.

http://www.lancasterarchery.com/astra-shot-trainer-training-aid.html
JD Berry Argos 64" 48#&28"
Toelke Classic Whip 64" 46#@28"
Acs one piece 64" 46#@28"
BlackWidow PLX 66" 46#@28"

Offline macster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2014, 09:39:00 AM »
I tried them but they are back ordered.

Offline Tom1958

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2017, 12:29:00 PM »
I ordered one from 3 Rivers and it arrived promptly.
So far, I'm very happy with it.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©