3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Instinct 3 blade  (Read 1366 times)

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Instinct 3 blade
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2014, 09:17:00 AM »
Originally posted by Kirkll:
Let me know when you got the 175 grain heads ready to ship. Please put me down for a dozen to try out.

Thanks Bill,  

btw... what is the width and length on these things? They seem to have a good wedge shape to them.
Kirk,they are the same size as the 200 grain. The reduction in weight is achieved by making the ferrel sections steel slightly thinner. No structural loss either as there are three ferrel section and the thicker blades sandwiched all together.

www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline zipper bowss

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2014, 09:26:00 AM »
The actual production run of 175's will be 2 7/8" long and 1 1/8" cut. The same as the 200's are.Those weights are without inserts.

I sharpen my heads just like James suggested. If the needle point worries you its easily removed the same way he suggested. One added note though. Do not make your pyramid tip very large. Just remove enough to get rid of the fine needle point. One thing I have noticed over the years. When I would put a large pyramid on the tip of any 3 blade. I would see a lot more bruising around the entrance hole. The only explanation I could come up with was the added force it took to start that pyramid tip over the finer tips.
I don't even remove the needle tip on these heads. We use a different steel up front so that it holds up better.
Bill

Kirk, I have you on the list for some 175's.

Offline zipper bowss

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2014, 09:28:00 AM »
:biglaugh:  That shows you how slow I type.    :biglaugh:   Tom, posted in the nearly 10 minutes it took me to peck out a response!

Offline MikeNova

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2014, 11:56:00 AM »
I'm shooting gold tip 35/55 right now with 165 field points. If I shot this head with inserts do you think I would need a stiffer spine?

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2014, 03:20:00 PM »
Originally posted by MikeNova:
I'm shooting gold tip 35/55 right now with 165 field points. If I shot this head with inserts do you think I would need a stiffer spine?
That would depend on your set up,  arrow length, & draw weight, and how far  your shelf is cut to, or past center.  You'll have the broad head plus the adapter weight which combined should run about 220 grains. you will definitely have to adjust your strike plate thickness, or trim arrows for an extra 55 grains up front..... if you are only jumping up 10 grains, you should have no problem.

Offline Benjy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: October 28, 2014, 06:52:00 PM »
I have killed 3 deer with the same head. I am using the 200 grain heads. I barely get rid of the needle point by lifting the back of the head 1/4" off the file, 1 stroke around the head 2 times.

I use a new Nicholson file with light pressure pushing the head into the file. Then I put Jewelers Rouge on cereal box cardboard and pull the head backwards around 60 strokes. Hair popping sharp!

Awesome Heads!
TGMM Family of the Bow
ZIPPER NITRO 64" LONGBOW 50#@29"
ZIPPER SXT   60" RECURVE 52#@29"
ZIPPER SXT   64" LONGBOW 71#@29"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©