3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: - Easton ACC Pro Hunting for Trad. bow target arrow?  (Read 878 times)

Offline Jack Hoyt 75

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
- Easton ACC Pro Hunting for Trad. bow target arrow?
« on: July 10, 2014, 05:19:00 PM »
Going back to square one!  

Making changes regarding shooting form, going to 3 under, how I practice, bow and string, quality and brand of arrows I shoot, etc.

New arrow is for my 64" R/D longbow 48@28 that will be my primary target bow.  Looking for a new 3D and target arrow for this bow and maybe a future target specific longbow ie. Fox Triple Crown closer to 44@28.

Been shooting Axis, Carbon Express Traditional and Gold Tip Blemished Traditional from my bows.  Keeping Axis and CE's for stumping/messing around and selling or trashing the GT Blems. (its not just cosmetic blems!)

My research is leading me toward the Easton ACC Pro Hunting as right arrow for me.  Originated as as target arrow, Carbon Alloy, not crazy expensive but high end, straightness of +- .002, .05 grain weight variance, factory crested, still can use screw in points (unlike the  target specific arrows), strong, smaller diameter, 8.4 to 8.9 GPI depending on what spine, proven over long time.  I want to shoot a tip of 125 to 175 gr. max plus standard insert.

http://www.eastonhunting.com/products/arrows/a-c-c-pro-hunting  

Who thinks the Easton ACC is a good choice? If not what others would you recommend and why?  Thanks!

:help:
Hill Country Bows - RER

TGMM, Compton Traditional Bowhunters, NWTF Member
Indiana NWTF State Board Member
Indiana Bowhunter Association Member

Offline daveycrockett

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: - Easton ACC Pro Hunting for Trad. bow target arrow?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 05:34:00 PM »
I really don't think at the specs you listed the ACC Pro will work. The weakest shaft offered is a 440 spine, I think will be stiff unless you use more point weight.

Offline Scott E

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 06:35:00 PM »
What kind of target shooting?

ACC are pretty much the bees nees when it comes to arrows. Aluminum consistency with carbon lightness and strength.

Shoot full length arrows with 150 up front and the 440s should work. They'll also give you a very manageable point on distance.

You can still bend ACCs though. There's some good all carbon small diameter shafts out now too, I shot Black Eagle Deep Impacts for indoors one year and liked them.
Self reliance cannot be bought

Offline widow sax

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 08:00:00 PM »
They are great arrows if they work for you then go for it. I used them for a years and years back in my wheelie days still have a bunch of them but they are to stiff and light for me now.    Widow

Offline Jack Hoyt 75

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 08:25:00 PM »
3D shoots, Compton and Cloverdale events,  maybe some IBO shoots in future.

Axis 500 have to be cut under 29" to bare shaft tune.  I need to go little stiffer and want longer arrow for better point on and gap distance.  Thought if have to change spine maybe change arrow while at it.

Anyone have experience with Carbon Tech?
Hill Country Bows - RER

TGMM, Compton Traditional Bowhunters, NWTF Member
Indiana NWTF State Board Member
Indiana Bowhunter Association Member

Offline Keith Zimmerman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2014, 09:54:00 PM »
My arrow of choice.  I love those and Easton Hexx arrows.

Offline CEO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2014, 01:30:00 AM »
Also my arrow of choice. Expensive but  very dependable. The only problem is that they tend to get lost just as frequently as cheep arrows.

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2014, 08:31:00 AM »
I'm shooting Easton ACC Pro Hunting 440 out of my BW PLX 51#@28.The ACC Prohunting use a H-insert and X-nocks(same as Axis).The 50-75 H-inserts that come with Beman Centershot fit it perfect.I put a 50 gr. insert with a 125 gr. point in my Prohunting 440 gives me around 470 grs..I draw 27" so I'm  pulling about 48# on my PLX which gives me almost 10 GPP.I tuned them and they fly great,but like said a 440 is the lightest spine.They may be expensive but an excellent arrow in my opinion

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©