3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: ASAT camo ?  (Read 2217 times)

Online Kenny Henderson

• Trad Bowhunter
ASAT camo ?
« on: July 11, 2014, 06:07:00 PM »
I am wanting to get some ASAT camo, anyone have some experience with the ASAT Elite or Day One Wool. How about the effectiveness of the camo...I know camo isn't really necessary, but I feel confident in camo.
"Commit your way to the Lord, Trust also in Him, And He shall bring it to pass" Psalm 37:5

Offline Mojostick

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: ASAT camo ?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 06:14:00 PM »
I have a full ASAT wool setup from Day One. Bibs, pullover jacket and bucket hat. First class hunting camo and it'll be some of the best money you ever spent on anything camo.

Online Kenny Henderson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 06:19:00 PM »
I love wool!! I have been leaning toward Day One wool. I did a search on here and found a lot of guys who love their ASAT wool from Day One.
"Commit your way to the Lord, Trust also in Him, And He shall bring it to pass" Psalm 37:5

Offline Mojostick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 06:28:00 PM »
Be mindful, the Day One ASAT wool isn't a light weight wool. It's the real deal, heavier weight stuff. It's great in Michigan in late October, November and December. But it'd be hot in temps over 50.
As far as the camo aspect of ASAT, I've never had deer so close and never been picked out than with that ASAT. I've had deer I could have tapped with the bow that were clueless with me on a chair in the ASAT wool. I love my plaids and I may do most of my hunts with plaid this year, but there's nothing like ASAT.

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 06:53:00 PM »
One of the best camo patterns ever made IMO.  Wait until you experience how many deer never even take a second look.
If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat? ~anon

Bears can attack people- although fewer people have been killed by bears than in all WWI and WWII combined.

Offline jt85

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 07:03:00 PM »
I have a ASAT leafy suit that works great
Black Widow PCH 58" 48#@28"
Mohawk Sparrowhawk 62" 49@28
Mohawk Sparrowhawk 62" 52#@28
Wengerd Ibex 58" 50#@28

Offline m midd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2014, 07:47:00 PM »
I became a believer last year when i was 20yds from a bull elk and he seemed to look right through me.
Traditional Bowhunters of Arkansas

Offline dbd870

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2014, 08:06:00 PM »
ASAT is a fine pattern, it and Predator are the way to go.
SWA Spyder

Offline Mojostick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2014, 08:18:00 PM »
Agreed. Predator wool from Grey Wolf and ASAT wool from Day One are the two best camo patterns/fabric options made. And the folks at GWW are beyond 1st class in customer service as well. They've done about a 1/2 dozen custom orders for me, with me providing plaid wool, and they couldn't have done a better job at a fair price for the quality provided.

Offline ed cowden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2014, 08:24:00 PM »
You have to do your part with any camo. You have to think of yourself as a blind. You need to take cover so you do not look human. And have the wind in your face.

Offline Overspined

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2014, 11:46:00 PM »
I try & match where I sit to Camo. I sit in prairie grass with it and the deer walk almost too close. In the right situations I love ASAT. I like the Day 1 wool best because wool is so dull. Really blends nice.

Offline BD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2014, 12:35:00 AM »
I have the Day One wool in ASAT and the GWW on Predator wool. Both are great but I plan on selling the GW. Day one ASAT wool is better and much less cash.
BD

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2014, 07:48:00 AM »
Gray Wolf now has ASAT wool in addition to the Predator. The two best patterns ever made IMO.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2014, 08:29:00 AM »
I love ASAT,and the whool is very tight and good for cold weather.
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline Mojostick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2014, 10:27:00 AM »
Look at the GWW homepage for their ASAT wool. That's hard to beat...
 http://www.graywolfwoolens.com/store/home.php

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2014, 10:49:00 AM »
I have the First Lite wool in ASAT and love it, it is lite weight 100% mereno wool and machine washable.
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Offline NoCams

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2014, 11:42:00 AM »
I am a firm believer in the open patterns like Predator Fall Gray and ASAT..... I have all Predator FG since we hunt open and half overgrown clearcuts and if not for FG you will get, "skylined " and turn into a black blob against light gray white oak trees and open sky.

However, like Whip said..... if I did not have Predator FG then ASAT would be my next choice. It is a great pattern and would be the only other pattern I would wear if it was camo. May buy some for ground hunting when I get too old to climb trees.

I also would not take anything for my Asbell wools for early season in Timber Ghost. Again, just my humble opinion for the tree hunting we do with clearcuts where we need open, light colors to get the deer to, "look thru you " Had that happen with several big bucks over the past few years. I could see it in their eyes and brains as they were looking at me and processing, yet after a few seconds dismissed what they, "thought " they might have seen and went on about their business unalarmed. 180 degrees opposite of what used to happen back in the, "Mossy Oak ", days ! Most camos are just way too dark and busy IMHO..... We are all blessed with the great options available to us these days......  :coffee:
TGMM  Family of the Bow
"Failure to plan is planned failure"

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2014, 01:18:00 PM »
2 PM's sent...
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline Biggamefish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2014, 08:44:00 PM »
Love asat I was very skeptical of it and it isn't a people catcher.  I felt like I stuck out like a sore thumb but when the deer started walking by me and looking threw me I was a believer.

I walked up on a group of pigs to tag this one at 5 yards.  

Pics are so you can see it in different back grounds
“Respect nature and its ways, for it will teach you more than you know.”   M.P.

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2014, 10:34:00 PM »
Yup- stalked a turkey this past spring to 25 yds.  Dead.  Stalked a 115" buck last fall to 25 yds- called him in to 5yds- never even looked at me. Got the pass. Stalked a mulie buck last fall- came in past me at 14.  Got the pass. Bobcat at 8 yds. .  I could keep going.  We made our own ASAT 30+ years ago.  Wore the first run when Brigade showed up 25+ years ago.  Older Predator Brown or ASAT. . .
If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat? ~anon

Bears can attack people- although fewer people have been killed by bears than in all WWI and WWII combined.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©