3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Ground hunters seat of choice  (Read 2419 times)

Online Terry Lightle

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Ground hunters seat of choice
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2014, 05:49:00 PM »
Double Bull Magnum for me
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2014, 06:16:00 PM »
Originally posted by BUCKY:
Nice set up Bruce!  Did you ever get one from that spot?
If My memory serves correctly, a nice buck was teh outcome of that set up.

I am a fan of the waldrop pack seat however they are hard to turn in.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Online dhaverstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2014, 01:06:00 PM »
I'm a big proponent of the Huntmore 360. Very comfortable, swivels, very quiet, will last forever and Scott gives great customer service.

I always laugh when people complain about how much it weighs and how much it costs when they don't think twice about toting around their $400 Lone Wolf climbing stand all over the place.

Darren

Offline frankwright

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2014, 05:12:00 PM »
http://www.fanaticoutdoors.com/

Hammock Seat, easy to carry and super comfortable. Allows you to pivot left and right too.

Offline Fattony77

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2014, 09:58:00 PM »
Those Hammock Seats look pretty cool. Anybody know what the weight limit is on them?

Online Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2014, 06:21:00 AM »
best seat I've found,,, super light to carry, and you can shoot 360 degrees while being dead silent,, only the seat post pivots so you just turn with your legs while sitting,,, when you are sitting on this it has 3 legs and two of them are yours you can turn completely around to shoot behind you just by walking your feet.

I leave mine together and just carry into the woods with it slung over my back with paracord.  

you can adjust the height, your back doesn't need to be scraping against the tree, NO Tree trunk to hit your elbow and interfere with your draw, two positions to change back and fourth if your butt starts getting sick of one position you spin the seat 90 degrees for a different feel.  

the back rest if needed is a tree but you lean forward to bring your body away from the tree and then you can silently turn or lean the seat while sitting on it to position for for a shot,,, you are not constricted on the seat itself because it moves with you its the best of both worlds.  works perfect inside ground blinds where there are no trees, adjusts up or down to get a nice shot out those windows.  set up in a grassy field shooting back towards the woods then just pull out of the ground throw it over your shoulder and head to the muddy marsh nothing stops this seat.

http://www.nifftseat.com/index.html
"Us vs Them"

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2014, 06:55:00 AM »
Tajue17, I agree, that Nifftseat is a great little hunting seat. Small and extremely easy to carry, amazingly comfortable, and very easy to shoot from in a wide range of directions.  People look at it and think no way that could be comfortable. But sit in one once and it is truly amazing.  

I also have a Waldrop and like it very much as well.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Online Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2014, 06:59:00 AM »
whip its a good seat,, every seat has its place but it surprises me that not many people know about the nifftseat seat.. everyone who I show mine to wants one.
"Us vs Them"

Offline Bill Turner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2014, 10:50:00 AM »
The Waldrop Pack seat and the Huntmore 360. I use the pack seat when I'm scouting or still hunting, and the Huntmore 360 when I have an established ground blind or an area I'm very familiar with. I hunt primarily WMA property and well off the beaten path.   :thumbsup:

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2014, 12:13:00 PM »
Originally posted by Tajue17:
best seat I've found,,, super light to carry, and you can shoot 360 degrees while being dead silent,, only the seat post pivots so you just turn with your legs while sitting,,, when you are sitting on this it has 3 legs and two of them are yours you can turn completely around to shoot behind you just by walking your feet.

I leave mine together and just carry into the woods with it slung over my back with paracord.  

you can adjust the height, your back doesn't need to be scraping against the tree, NO Tree trunk to hit your elbow and interfere with your draw, two positions to change back and fourth if your butt starts getting sick of one position you spin the seat 90 degrees for a different feel.  

the back rest if needed is a tree but you lean forward to bring your body away from the tree and then you can silently turn or lean the seat while sitting on it to position for for a shot,,, you are not constricted on the seat itself because it moves with you its the best of both worlds.  works perfect inside ground blinds where there are no trees, adjusts up or down to get a nice shot out those windows.  set up in a grassy field shooting back towards the woods then just pull out of the ground throw it over your shoulder and head to the muddy marsh nothing stops this seat.

http://www.nifftseat.com/index.html  
Yep!   :thumbsup:
"Good Lord....well, your new name is Sledge."
Ron LaClair upon seeing the destruction of his new lock on the east gate

"A man that cheats in the woods will cheat anywhere"
G. Fred Asbell

Offline USN_Sam1385

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2014, 02:17:00 PM »
Millennium tree seat. So comfortable and light. Straps to any tree in seconds.
62" Craig Warren Black Timber 3PC T/D Recurve: 48lb @ 28".

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©