3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Easton uni-nock inserts  (Read 366 times)

Offline Caboo

• Trad Bowhunter
Easton uni-nock inserts
« on: July 12, 2014, 09:40:00 PM »
I wouldn't have a problem with uni-nocks if they would make one with same string opening as Classic Bohning nocks but they don't. Is there a way to remove the uni-nock insert without cutting off the end of the shaft? Anyone know if they are glued or pressed in shaft?

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Easton uni-nock inserts
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 11:27:00 PM »
Have you tried Easton 3D Super nocks,different then the standard Super nocks.They have the largest and deepest throat of the push-in nocks I've found.They are not quite as large a throat of a Bohning Classic.I think they are pretty much epoxied in.You might try some heat and see if you can pull them out.I think I have a dozen of the old discontinued adapters,they glue in the uni-bushing and allowed the use of glue-on nocks without removing the uni-bushing.

Offline finkm1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 08:54:00 PM »
You should be able to pull them out with a pliers. I fit my uninocks to the string by dipping the knock in a cup of boiled water to soften them up then open them up with a house knife. If it is open too much then press back with my fingers.
"When in Rome, DO Rome"

"Expect more than others think is possible"

Offline finkm1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 08:54:00 PM »
You should be able to pull them out with a pliers. I fit my uninocks to the string by dipping the knock in a cup of boiled water to soften them up then open them up with a house knife. If it is open too much then press back with my fingers.
"When in Rome, DO Rome"

"Expect more than others think is possible"

Offline Caboo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2014, 11:24:00 PM »
Thanks guys.

Offline bigbadjon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2014, 11:46:00 AM »
Did you just want to change the nock or did you want to remove the bushing altogether? If you want to remove the bushing then that will be glued in. If it is just a nock issue Bohning make several replacements that fit the bushing.
Hoyt Tiburon 55#@28 64in
A&H ACS CX 61#@28in 68in (rip 8/3/14)

Offline Caboo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2014, 02:53:00 PM »
I was hoping I could remove the bushing the nock fits into without cutting the shaft at the nock end. I have some old tapered inserts I can glue in to use glue on nocks. I'll try a Easton Super 3D nocks to see how that fits my serving setup.

Offline grouseshooter002

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2014, 03:02:00 PM »
Caboo,
You can't use the Super 3D nocks with the bushings because they are meant to be pressed in. The bushings should come out with a little heat and a pair of pliers or a drill that is a little oversized to the bushing. I'm not sure, but I think the bushings are a press fit. Good luck and let us know how you made out.

Regards,
Grouse

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2014, 03:52:00 PM »
Easton's standard uni-bushings made for Easton aluminum arrows that are 20XX and larger that use a S-type nock.Which is any nock made for a .246 ID,like Super nocks,3D Super nocks,Bohning Signature,GT,nocks and other shafts with the .246 ID.They do have G-bushing with a .166 ID bushing for aluminum arrows that will use a G-nock that will fit larger diameter aluminums as well as smaller diameter aluminums.They also have a X-bushing for 1816,1913 and 1916 that will accept a X-nock(same nocks as an Axis) that has a .204 ID bushing.To remove the uni-bushing I would heat it up and pull out with pliers.They do have nock adapter that glue in in place of the bushing that are size specific to the arrow.

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2014, 06:16:00 PM »
You could also just change out the serving on your string with a thinner serving, which will fit your nocks you already have. Then you would not have to mess with trying to remove the uni-bushings.

Bisch

Offline buckracks7

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2014, 06:28:00 AM »
You could try dropping a slightly undersized drill bit in the other end, and then slinging it against the uni-bushing a few times. If it was put in with super glue, and not epoxy, it should come out. Don't do it around something breakable.
If it's in your way, move it.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©