3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Got a lot of questions about arrow shelves...  (Read 267 times)

Offline halfseminole

• Trad Bowhunter
Got a lot of questions about arrow shelves...
« on: July 16, 2014, 11:35:00 AM »
So I've never owned a bow cut to center with a shelf before the one I'm shooting now, and it's hard getting used to it.  My spine requirement went up, aiming is harder (I'm trying to learn instinctive since my horn bow requires it) and the arrow sits off my hand, throwing off the feel of everything.

My wife has a cut to center bow as well, and her arrow setup is tuned to her bow pretty well.  But I hear about arrow rests and plungers and all kinda stuff, and I have no idea what they are or what they do or if they're even useful.  She shoots with the shelf on the same side as you guys, and I shoot opposite with a thumb ring.  I figure you'll have more advice for her than me, which is just fine.  I want to get her setup as good as possible so she has every opportunity to excel, which she's not doing bad at all.  I just don't know enough about her equipment to be of help.

Offline mike g

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Got a lot of questions about arrow shelves...
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 12:16:00 PM »
You can add thicker leather on the side plate, and it will make the Bow more tolerant for spine.
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©