3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Goals?  (Read 402 times)

Offline cahaba

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Goals?
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2014, 10:33:00 AM »
My goal is to try and hunt as many days as I can. No pressure but I would like to kill a buck on my own property with a bow.
cahaba: A Choctaw word that means
"River from above"

Offline LITTLEBIGMAN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2014, 11:01:00 AM »
my goals this year is to try and hunt more days than last year ( 100 ), kill a deer with one of my self bows and to write a better blog
Make a life, not a living

Offline ddauler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2014, 12:14:00 PM »
Back to the wood bow hunted with selfbows of my own make for years killed tons of deer. Then life took over 2 bows played 3 sports only one left in high school. I had a tough year last year with shoulder issue only killed one deer. Shoulder surgery in Jan built 6 new selfbows for myself am back shooting 20 arrows a day come on Sep13!
Mohawk Sparrowhawk 47# 64"
Ton of selfbows
Traditional Bowhunters of Georgia
PBS Regular Member

"I have been their friend and mortal enemy. I have so loved them that I longed to kill them. But I gave them far more than a fair chance." Will Thompson

Offline beaunaro

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2014, 10:32:00 PM »
When I used to hunt with the compound, I was always pretty intense, telling myself I had to kill something.

The trad transition has helped slow things down a bit and allowed me to enjoy the ENTIRE hunt experience, flora, fauna, weather, food, campfires, participants, even mistakes to be laughed at. So my goals are to do just that, relax and take it all in.

Naturally, since it is a hunt, the purpose is to come home with some meat, but I think that's only part of the focus.

I have to believe your state of mind has a lot to do with the outcome.

I remember once riding up to the Flat Tops on an Elk hunt, looking out over the horses head, just enjoying myself in the beautiful Fall air and thinking,"If I get one, it will be frosting on the cake, but this ride right here, right now...is worth the price of admission all by itself".

That year I arrowed a Bull the first morning even before the frost was off the grass.
Irv Eichorst

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©