3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: tree stand question  (Read 249 times)

Offline blacktailchaser

• Trad Bowhunter
tree stand question
« on: July 20, 2014, 01:39:00 AM »
my question is how close to the season do you put your stand up...i am thinking maybe a month before..but,i wanted to see how some of you do it....ALL SO..i have a portable ladder..do you just leave it up for the season OR take it down after your day hunt...thanks

Offline LB_hntr

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: tree stand question
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2014, 03:18:00 AM »
I do both.
I have about 5 stands that I leave up all season. These go up about a month before.
Then I use a lone wolf stand that I hunt out of the season that goes up and down each sit.

Offline JamesV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2014, 08:18:00 AM »
I carry my stand in everytime I go up and bring it out afterwards.
Proud supporter of Catch a Dream Foundation
-----------------------------------
When you are having a bad day always remember: Everyone suffers at their own level.

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2014, 10:02:00 AM »
Since I have my own place that nobody else hunts, I leave my stands up. Also, I periodically maintain my ground blinds throughout the year. Occasional forays into the woods don't unduly pressure the deer. One word of advice for those thinking about leavings stands in the woods. Check them carefully shortly before you use them. I found a wasp nest on one of mine once, not a pleasant thing.
Sam

Offline Kris

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2014, 10:25:00 AM »
No set time...when I get a chance. Always seem to have the best luck on the very first hunt...I say that tongue in cheek but I've heard others say the same.

Best of luck!

Kris

Offline Ron Vought

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2014, 10:43:00 AM »
I take all of my stands out after the hunting season  and inspect/paint them before they go back out. I don't trust leaving them out all year due to weather breaking down the straps and stand parts. Also theft is another issue here in PA that has to be taken into account. I normally set all my stands 1-2 months before opening day and leave them up the entire season.

Ron

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©