3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: travelling/packing for elk hunt?  (Read 593 times)

Offline eflanders

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: travelling/packing for elk hunt?
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2014, 03:56:00 PM »
If the outfitter is not experienced in dealing with pre-shipped gear, then I would pack it on the plane as checked luggage.  A hard-sided golf bag works excellent for this.  But packing delicate gear inside of rolled clothing and then inside hard-sided and secured luggage works well too.  Just imagine that actual gorillas are handling your gear as you pack and package your stuff accordingly.

Offline LoneWolf73

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: travelling/packing for elk hunt?
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2014, 04:31:00 PM »
I usually fly Southwest non-stop flight. 2 @50 pound checked bags. If ya have to make connection slight chance of waiting on bags if they screw it up. Optics and electronics I carry on. No need for gun in Colorado. I was 30 yards from a 350 black bear last year and he was more afraid of me in the end. (Montana a different story) If ya get an Elk, fly back with 100 pounds of elk meat, ship stuff home. Too much stuff? Make a list, think about list, live the list. If ya need a sample list PM me, adjust it to you. Enjoy your trip.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways-BOW in one hand-ARROWS in the other-Body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming-WOO HOO! WHAT A RIDE!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©