3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Scouting trip...  (Read 286 times)

Offline wtpops

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Scouting trip...
« on: July 23, 2014, 05:51:00 PM »
Went on a little scouting trip to a piece of public land here in my new home state called Devils Eyebrow. Of course me being me i had to pick the hottest day of the summer so far. I only made it about half the distance i wanted to cover and the heat turned me around, lesson learned (don't take humidity for granted it will sap the energy out of you).

Here are some pics.

Stopped for a little snack but i think i made the deer mad because as i was munching they were blowing and stomping at me, maybe i was stealing their lunch.

This little guy seemed a little perturbed that i interrupted his travels to get his picture.

This part of the country that i call home now is indeed a beautiful place. I am in aw of it every time i go for and walk or bike ride in the woods.
TGMM Family of the Bow
"OVERTHINKING" The art of creating problems that weren't even there!

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Scouting trip...
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 06:00:00 PM »
Beautiful pics.  I too have been out in crazy heat on public land this year.

aside from the skeeters and wildlife, I had the place to myself.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 11:34:00 PM »
I have scouted during many hot days in my life. Gotta get the work done some time. Nice box turtle. Looks like that stream bed can be dangerous after a rain.
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline RIng

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 09:09:00 AM »
I am off to the Dorchester marches for my last scouting trip be for the seasion opens . I hope to leave tomoral morning for 4-5 days . Hope to put up at least 2 tree stands and maybe 1-2 trial cameras .I have made trips in March , Apral , May and have one camera out . It is a 3 mile walk from parking .I was getting good pic. of Sika in May and June . I am hoping to see some pic. of stages when I pull the card . I am enjoying the marshes of Maryland very much . The challenges of a new environment or very rewarding . I hope to hunt for a week or so each month of the 5 month seasion . I will be mainly concentrating on Sika ,but have one spot that has some Whittales all so . We will see . It has been great fun so far , and I am looking forward to much more .
May life's simplest things bring you the greatest pleasures !!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©