3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Meet the "Badass": Leon Stewart Lil Slammer ride-in-the-saddle review (pic heavy)  (Read 1654 times)

Offline bowfanatik

• Trad Bowhunter
Nineworlds9

I am envy you on this bow    :clapper:  
 But , can you explain me how you don't have problem with finger pinch . That bow is 56" long :-) . How is can bee smooth like you saying ? Do you have some side photo in full draw ?
My draw length is 29 1/2 i think i will have problem with that bad@ss :-)
PerunH 60"

Shoot a lot and keep it simple

Offline Hopewell Tom

• Trad Bowhunter
I might start to think of you as my "bow store".
 As I wait patiently (or not!) for my Shrew L'il Favourite from you, it occurs to me that your bow "obsessions" can be very good for your fellow Lefties.
That's a beauty Chuck and if you ever consider "moving it along", I'd like first crack at it.
Thanks for another very thorough review on a great bow.
TOM

WHAT EACH OF US DOES IS OF ULTIMATE IMPORTANCE.
Wendell Berry

Offline fmscan

• Trad Bowhunter
Chuck, Another Leon Masterpiece, sooooo pretty, yet not just a pretty bow but an performer. Congradulations!

Offline Ryman Cat

• Trad Bowhunter
She's sweet makes me want one too.

Offline nineworlds9

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Northman
Thanks for the compliments guys, this bow is a just like a little handy pocket knife.  I am loving it and it is a beauty.

Originally posted by bowfanatik:
Nineworlds9

I am envy you on this bow      :clapper:    
 But , can you explain me how you don't have problem with finger pinch . That bow is 56" long :-) . How is can bee smooth like you saying ? Do you have some side photo in full draw ?
My draw length is 29 1/2 i think i will have problem with that bad@ss :-)
'Finger pinch' is a little bit an individual perception, BUT in my definition it is when the string angle at your hand makes the string start to push down on your outside fingers and cause discomfort.  

This bow does not do that at all at my draw length.  There is no downward pressure from the string on the outside fingers.

At 29" I have zero problem with finger pinch on this bow.  The string angle at full draw at the limb tips is still less than 90 degrees and at the fingers it is still at a very low angle for such a short bow.  The trick with short bows is to design the riser short enough and enough reflex-deflex in the limb profile so that string angle is less than on a conventional bow.  On a straight limbed longbow or conventional recurve this short with a longer riser section you'd be stacking like crazy and past 90 degrees on string angle.  

At 29.5" you'd be fine and right at the limit, the wall on the Lil Slammer is 30" and I have confirmed this with my testing.
52" Texas Recurve
58" Two Tracks Ogemaw
60" Toelke Chinook
62" Tall Tines Stickflinger
64" Big Jim Mountain Monarch
64" Poison Dart LB
66" Wes Wallace Royal

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Offline bowfanatik

• Trad Bowhunter
PerunH 60"