3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hunting shows  (Read 445 times)

Offline Bar_BN

• Trad Bowhunter
Hunting shows
« on: July 25, 2014, 12:30:00 AM »
Hey guys, not sure if i can talk about r ask about this if its against the rules r not , but im curious if anyone knos of any tv shows like on outdoor or sportsman channels that r mainly traditional hunting ive been lookin but i dont have time to watch alot of tv but id like to find some to record . Like i said my apologies if were not posed to talk about topics like that for advertising purposes just curious thanx guys
"Its their world out there, we're the tourist " " they sacrifise for our family , that deserves great respect n honor !!! " "Move like a tree, smell like the dirt, and sound like an acorn."

Offline nineworlds9

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Northman
Re: Hunting shows
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 12:39:00 AM »
Dunno bout any shows that 'focus' on traditional, but I have seen it mentioned here and there on a few channels, but overall pretty rare.  

Now far as DVD's go, if you want to really get pumped and feel the spirit of tradbow hunting get yourself a copy of "Wild Tradition".  My fav so far.
52" Texas Recurve
58" Two Tracks Ogemaw
60" Toelke Chinook
62" Tall Tines Stickflinger
64" Big Jim Mountain Monarch
64" Poison Dart LB
66" Wes Wallace Royal

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Offline Bar_BN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 12:50:00 AM »
Ok thanx bro , hey i read ur update on the hunt sounded like u had an awesome hunt . Next time u go to visit ur inlaws n u got some time let me kno cuz my huntin lease is only bout 45 min away from there in Franklin definitely have a few hundred to take out . Sad to say but theres so many around franklin alot of ppl there just shootem n letem lay.
"Its their world out there, we're the tourist " " they sacrifise for our family , that deserves great respect n honor !!! " "Move like a tree, smell like the dirt, and sound like an acorn."

Offline Bar_BN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2014, 12:51:00 AM »
Ima look for that dvd tho is it on amazon u think

Offline 59Alaskan

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2014, 06:26:00 AM »
I regret to inform the tradgang community that I have been known to watch a hunting TV show or two...sorry, it's just a weakness...

You will see trad gear pop up from time to time but it's not common.  I have seen some well done segments on trad, and some not so good stuff too.

The idea of picking up some trad videos is good.  Iwould pay the $20 to become a TG contributor then look for videos for sale used on the classifieds and/or run a post there that you were looking for  trad hunting videos...stuff would come up half price or less from new.
TGMM Family of the Bow

"God has given us two hands, one to receive with and the other to give with.” - Billy Graham

Offline Sean B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2014, 06:28:00 AM »
Theres not much in the way of trad shows.  I just get DVD's.  Bill Langers Traditional Adventure series is excellent, and you'll notice a lot of Trad Gangers on them.  I also love Brothers of the Bow's Primal Dreams and Essential Encounters
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
NY Bowhunters Association
BW KB X
BW PCH X
BW PSR X
Robertson Tribal Styk

Offline Sean B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2014, 06:29:00 AM »
AND "Getting Stickbow Close 1.2.& 3"
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
NY Bowhunters Association
BW KB X
BW PCH X
BW PSR X
Robertson Tribal Styk

Offline nineworlds9

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Northman
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2014, 09:09:00 AM »
http://centaurarchery.com/accessories.htm

Wild Tradition DVD at top of page.

The guys mentioned a whole bunch of other great videos.  Also definitely consider the classifieds here, lots of DVD's to be had and 'wanted to buy' ads work well.  Someone has what you need.
52" Texas Recurve
58" Two Tracks Ogemaw
60" Toelke Chinook
64" Poison Dart LB
66" Wes Wallace Royal

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Offline Nuctech

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2014, 09:43:00 AM »
South Cox of stalkers stick bows has an amazing new mule deer hunting dvd, Stalkers in the back country.  If backpack hunting for mule deer in the high country interests you I don't think there is a better dvd out there.

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2014, 09:47:00 AM »
I for one watch them, cause I get bored at times, but I really grow to hate them, not all, but most.

I really dislike their growing dependence upon gadgets and technology and especially the growing trend of stuffing them in our faces.  Notice, about once every few seconds, the camera just has to settle upon a brand name from some sponsor.

I am getting really tired of hearing about G2's and mass and main beam length, and then, there is the guy who shoots critters from a helicopter.  Great fodder for a video game, but . . .  really ?  on TV ?  

But, lots must like them all cause they are right there on TV.

Guess I am getting too old.

ChuckC

Offline bigbadjon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2014, 11:54:00 AM »
I won't get into shows I like, and the few I powerfully dislike. I do think the majority of mainstream shows show good sportsmanship and are informative. As far as the commercialization goes no company is going to sponsor a show for any other reason than to sell its goods. Just like watching Ninja Turtles when we were kids, it is a 30 minute toy commercial. Its just business.
Hoyt Tiburon 55#@28 64in
A&H ACS CX 61#@28in 68in (rip 8/3/14)

Offline jkm97

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2014, 12:07:00 PM »
Easton Bowhunting with Fred Eichler is pretty good. He shoots a recurve about half the time. I DVR all episodes and just delete the ones where he's using a compound. Chris Spikes has some pretty good videos on YouTube as well.

Offline nineworlds9

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Northman
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2014, 12:16:00 PM »
General outdoor show mentality toward traditional archery:

52" Texas Recurve
58" Two Tracks Ogemaw
60" Toelke Chinook
64" Poison Dart LB
66" Wes Wallace Royal

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Offline bigbadjon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2014, 12:49:00 PM »
Easton Bowhunting is the only broadly aired show routinely featuring recurves. As said there are lots of goods dvds because that is a better outlet for a niche market. If you want to watch general bowhunting just pick a show with that as the focus and I think you'll still find that it is informative and still relavent to how most of us hunt.
Hoyt Tiburon 55#@28 64in
A&H ACS CX 61#@28in 68in (rip 8/3/14)

Offline kill shot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2014, 01:11:00 PM »
I saw one the other day that was a breath of fresh air compared to the shows that are usually on. The guy is a country singer and he was hunting rattle snakes. He shot like 5 of them. His last name is Ross (I think). Any help out there?

Offline Slickhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2014, 02:04:00 PM »
Andy Ross

Wanna be singer, hunter , wine maker,guitar maker, etc, etc, etc (LOL)
He has developed a recurve (Ambush) with a shoot thru riser.

I think he's trying to promote the bow to gain sales thru the show (normal)
Comes in a package with arrows and quiver/sights.
Kinda cool if you like higher tech trad equipment.
Slickhead

Online Archie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2014, 08:21:00 PM »
Get some DVDs.  I have a ton of trad DVDs, and all are good and were worth buying.  Some great ones I can think of off the top of my head are...

Bowhunting Reflections
Pure Bowhunting
Wild Tradition
South Cox's high country mule deer DVD
Fred Bear 4 DVD set
Instinct

And there are many more...
Life is a whole lot easier when you just plow around the stump.

2006  64" Black Widow PMA
2009  66" Black Widow PLX
2023  56" Cascade Archery Whitetail Hawk
2023  52" Cascade Archery Golden Hawk Magnum

Offline CoachBGriff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2014, 08:49:00 PM »
I'll throw in my love for Wild Tradition.  If my tv is on, there's a good chance it's running some trad-hunt DVD.  I also enjoy the Langer DVD's.  I have a whole bunch of them circled in my 3R's magazine.
For we did not follow cleverly contrived myths when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ; instead, we were eyewitnesses of His majesty.
2 Peter 1:16

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2014, 09:27:00 PM »
Only one I know of that is regular recurves is Fred Eichler on Easton's TV show.

Offline Hawken1911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2014, 05:10:00 PM »
Larry D. Jones is featured often on Bowhunter Magazine TV.  He shoots a recurve.
ST. HUBERT'S RANGERS, Brotherhood of the Medieval Hunt.
MICHIGAN LONGBOW ASSOCIATION
Scott Spears Osage English longbow,50#@28"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©