3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Deer camp to you.  (Read 689 times)

Offline Nathan Killen

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Deer camp to you.
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2014, 11:13:00 AM »
I just bought 3 acres that joins a National forest wilderness area here in Va. A small cabin is in the works. Looking forward to making lots of memories ! I really enjoy seeing pictures of others cabins.....gives me more ideas !   :thumbsup:
Genesis 21:20 And God was with the lad; and he grew, and dwelt in the wilderness, and became an archer. ->>>---------------->

Jesus is my lord and savior, Who is he to you ?

60" Little Mountain built by Ethan Rodrigue

Offline DarkTimber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2014, 11:17:00 AM »
Last year marked the first season in our new deer camp. We've been hunting the area for a long time but finally finished building our cabin.

I love travelling to other states to hunt but there's just something special to me about hunting the big river bottoms at home.

Offline Nathan Killen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2014, 12:42:00 PM »
Originally posted by DarkTimber:
Last year marked the first season in our new deer camp. We've been hunting the area for a long time but finally finished building our cabin.

I love travelling to other states to hunt but there's just something special to me about hunting the big river bottoms at home.

What size is your cabin ? That's awesome ! Got pics of the inside ?
Genesis 21:20 And God was with the lad; and he grew, and dwelt in the wilderness, and became an archer. ->>>---------------->

Jesus is my lord and savior, Who is he to you ?

60" Little Mountain built by Ethan Rodrigue

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2014, 01:25:00 PM »
Hunting camp for me is when Butch shows up at Cobweb's place aka "The Farm".

Hello(s) are said and then to fun begins.

I started to say "Harmless fun" but last year it ended up costing me about $1,800 in damages to my "ride".....lol

All my fault.

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline Kip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2014, 03:07:00 PM »
Here is one camp we use to use very primitive.

We moved into this one has elect. and running water.

Above camps are a hunting club I am in and hunted with this bunch for many years.
This camp I own myself and great times had with family and freinds.Pond has fish, woods has sq. rabbits deer and hogs ducks in the bayou.I spend a lot of time at this camp.

Offline DarkTimber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2014, 03:38:00 PM »
Thanks Nathan.  The cabin is 24' x 36'  w/ an 8' wide front porch (860 sf down stairs and a 275 sf loft).   I don't have any pics of the interior right now but will be going down in the next couple weeks to work on a few small projects and will snap some.   Once thing I've learned about having a cabin...there's always a project to work on.

Offline fmscan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2014, 05:37:00 PM »
Guyzer, thank you for your post. It is apparent you are an experienced outdoorsman. I look forward to your future posts.

Offline John Krause

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2014, 08:18:00 PM »
Let's not let this thread die. Let's see some more cabin pics.

I need some ideas on shower / cleanup in an off the grid cabin when it's chilly out,late fall and winter. I have the cabin rigged where I can plug a generator in an outside outlet and will have propane heat but showering will be tough. Any ideas? and the wife (who is a trooper) will be there a lot.
When a man shoots with a bow it is own vigor of body that drives the arrow,  his own mind controls the missile's flight......His trained muscles and toughened thews have done the work

Offline GUYZER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2014, 08:31:00 PM »
Thank you for you nice words fmscan.I will post new ones for sure!! See you soon.

MAY THE SPIRIT OF FRED BEAR GUIDE OUR ARROWS.

Offline Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2014, 12:34:00 PM »
oops no camp pics yet..

this is an easy one for me,,,  hmm hunting camp where do I begin.  

usually its just me byself, its very quiet, boring sometimes , nothing to do but cook, sharpen broadheads, gather wood and wonder about my morning spots,, wondering if I'll spook anything on the way in I guess..

Its all memories really,,, I spend most of the time remembering when it was always 5 of us, it was fun with alot of laughs, lots of help in camp cooking, settng up camp sometimes all 5 of us recovering someones deer, good stories just a good time away..        now I wonder why none of my friends hunt anymore, maybe a total of 11 traditional hunters all sitting home doing whatever a few raising kids, a couple with strict wives, a few that feel old now, a few that just vanished.

I do like going away for a few days and camping while hunting but in camp for too long and you start talking to yourself, or thinking of the past or I just wonder why I bother with a camp.  

its a blessing in diguise for me,, ha ha I'm such a boo hoo   :biglaugh:  .
"Us vs Them"

Offline Roadkill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2014, 11:35:00 PM »
Because we have to draw for tags for specific areas, we do not have the luxury of a static camp.  We, like many of you, consider the people our "camp".  Whether we are near Elko or Ely, our tents and trailers are filled with friends=camp.

Wish we had places like some of you....
Cast a long shadow-you may provide shade to someone who needs it.  Semper Fi

Offline KSshrewman

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2014, 12:21:00 AM »
Hey John,
My camp is off grid as well.
We use oil lamps and propane heaters on cold morns.
For facilities...I had an outhouse built.  But instead of a hole....I bought a bucket w toilet seat.  Use trash bags and kitty litter scoops and it works great.  For a shower I put a wooden 4x4 platform next to outhouse.  I don't have any good pics.  But we use the Coleman hot water on demand machine and a 5 gallon water container.  Easy way for a hot shower.  Just use camo burlap for the curtain.  Not fancy but effective.

Shrew Classic Hunter
Javaman Elkheart
Javaman Helms Deep
Gill Snakey Self
Ben Pearson Colt
Swiftriver

PSALM 5:3  At Daybreak Lord,You Hear My Voice

Member "Kansas Coffey Club"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©