3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Arrow tuning ?  (Read 268 times)

Offline Glenn Carl

• Trad Bowhunter
Arrow tuning ?
« on: September 24, 2007, 09:39:00 PM »
I am bare shafting some new Arrow Dynamic Traditional shafts. At 10 and 15 yards they are hitting right where I am looking but they are all flying and sticking in the target nock right. What should I try to correct this with out messing up the accuracy I am getting? Thanks in advance. Glenn
"This is cool"  My 7 year old son Ian after shooting his new youth bow built from Elk Ninja's build-along

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Arrow tuning ?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 09:52:00 PM »
Tell us a little what bow are you shooting, how is the rest set up? Off the shelf or elevated rest are you right handed or left? Can you shoot 20 yards?

Brent

Offline LostNation_Larry

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 10:03:00 PM »
Are you shooting fletched shafts next to bare shafts?  I always bare shaft tune by shooting bare next to fletched.  I start with full length shafts and trim a little at a time until they both hit the same left to right.  Up and down is a different problem.
www.lostnationarchery.com
Where "Traditional" means "Personal Service."

Offline Glenn Carl

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 10:05:00 PM »
hormoan. I shoot a 50 @ 28" modern 3 piece longbow right handed off the shelf. The bow does have a fast flight string and my draw length is 28 1/2". I could not try shooting @ 20 yards tonight, it got dark on me and I can only get to 15 yards in the garage. I am getting better groups and accuracy with the bare shaft AD Trads than with my fletched wood arrows, but the woods are flying like darts. Thanks Glenn
"This is cool"  My 7 year old son Ian after shooting his new youth bow built from Elk Ninja's build-along

Offline capt eddie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 10:57:00 PM »
Fletch up an arrow with a broadhead and see how it flies.  That is all that really matters.
capt eddie

Offline Pinecone

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2007, 10:14:00 AM »
If the bareshafts are sticking in the target to the right of your mark, that is good...assuming you are a RH shooter.  You need a weak bareshaft in order for the arrow to be properly spined when fletched, as fletching "stiffens" the arrow.  Pay attention to where your point hits...not so much to where the nock is pointing.

Claudia
Pinecone

Offline Aggie1993

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2007, 11:58:00 AM »
If it is impacting with the nock pointing right then you are too stiff.  Try a heavier tip and see what you get.  Like Claudia said, you want it (bareshaft) to indicate slightly weak or nock pointing left with the tip impacting slightly right because the feathers will stiffen the shaft a bit.  Hope that helps.
Phil 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."

Kempf Trophy Hunter 58" 51@28
Kempf Kwyk Styk 58" 51@28
Kempf Kwyk Styk 58" 54@28
Kempf Trophy Hunter 58" 51@28

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2007, 12:03:00 PM »
Your woods not grouping well could be from several differant things. Points not installed true to the shaft. And or not staight. If they bareshaft tune very well, it makes no sense they do not group well all things being equal.

And as Claudia says, bareshaft should impact a little left of center, showing a slight weak spine. And also pay most attention to point of impact, (bareshafts a little left of fletched) for a right handed shooter)

Good luck and our hopes for a successful season  :thumbsup:  

Brent

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©