3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Video from the past  (Read 172 times)

Offline far rider

• Trad Bowhunter
Video from the past
« on: August 07, 2014, 11:07:00 AM »
Hi Folks,
I am looking for any information that would lead to the discovery of a video from the past. A few (I don't want to say how many as it would date myself and the hunter) there was a video, I'm speaking VHS, that was all about bowhunting, and had two guys hunting, one with a recurve, the other I believe may have been a compound. Anyways, I digress. There was a scene where one guy (recurve) was stationary while his partner called. The bull walked by just to the left side of the hunter who could barely be seen, then as the bull passed he rotated, drew, and sent the arrow through the bull at a range of maybe 10 yards. The guy would always wear a camo crusher style hat, face paint, and would stalk in the sock feet. I just can't remember his name, and for that I am sincerely apologetic.
I'm pretty sure the guy frequents here, but I'm unsure.
Any help?

Tim (aka: a fan)
Noli rogare pro onia pauciora, rogate pro scapulas latiores.

I go afield with bent wood, stick and string in search of serenity  through my primal quest.

Venatôr

Offline elkken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Video from the past
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 11:17:00 AM »
That was Larry D Jones and his son. His son was shooting the compound and Larry a Brackenbury Legend recurve. I think the shot was more like ten feet than ten yards. I used to have that tape, i'll look around and pm you if I find it ...
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline far rider

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 11:40:00 AM »
That's it, for sure! I could pull the "D" out of my grey matter, but where it went in the lineup I couldn't get. Thanks Elkken. Yeah, your right, it was more like 10'. It was one of the most incredible scenes of hunting I've ever watched.

I searched it on YT, and got a big surprise. A polar bear hunt in 1965, which produced a world record bear. Is this the same guy?

Tim

I go afield with bent wood, stick and string in search of serenity  through my primal quest.

Venatôr

Offline longrifle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2014, 03:30:00 PM »
It's is Larry D Jones his son and, Dwight Schuh. I think it might be called Elk Maddness.
The human body is the only machine the harder you work it, the stronger it gets.
"Aim small- Hit small" ( I never think negative)

Offline NIGEL01

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2014, 04:53:00 PM »
I've got a mule deer VHS by Larry also a good one.   He's been a role model for me 25 years now.

Offline digicon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2014, 05:20:00 PM »
Elk Fever

Offline far rider

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2014, 11:21:00 PM »
Thanks guys. Been a long time since I watched it, but it was a VERY good video. I do remember the elk hunt though, it was magical.
Thanks folks

Tim

Venatôr

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©