3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Tell my why I should carry binos.  (Read 848 times)

Offline babs

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Tell my why I should carry binos.
« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2014, 12:16:00 AM »
I dont carry binos with me now but this year I will with the antler restrictions here in PA I dont want to shoot something I thought had three points to a side. Im no trophy hunter but sometimes its hard to tell with the naked eye if the buck is legal or not. Im looking at the vortex viper hd 6X32. Perfect for bowhunting in the Pennsylvania hardwoods and not heavy. I have 10X bushnells but there too bulky and too much power for bowhunting.
Border tempest hex 7
Border tempest 25 hex 6.5
L.H.A Hayestani Combo 47lbs @28
Bob Lee camo dipped 47lbs @ 29
Bob Lee Heavyweight 50@29
Stewart 3pc Slammer. 45@28
Hoyt GMX & RCX 1000 limbs

« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2014, 05:21:00 PM »
I had one year that I kept busting deer right where I was planning to sit and I sat somewhere different everytime. so, I decided once to take a closer look before I charged in to set up. Wouldn't you just know there was a piece of a deer antler, then a whole deer. I would like to say that I got that deer, but it spooked anyway. My binos really came in handy at the BWCA on a canoe trip, there was a gorgeous young lady skinny dipping on an island. My buddy was too worried about our food supply and would not look or believe me. On our trip out, four days later, we got blown to shore at her campsite. They were out of coffee and offered a cigarette exchange. The lady was fully clothed that day, she had been married four times and owned four mansions in various fancy places. After  our smoke and coffee we headed on our way, as soon as the wind died down. She thought that I was a rich song writer, even though I told her that I was not, and wanted to keep in touch. See what trouble good binos can get you into. Never leave home without them.

Offline LoneWolf73

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: August 15, 2014, 05:31:00 PM »
They enhance my vision. I enjoy the magnification when looking at all things in the woods. Details. They are worth the weight.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways-BOW in one hand-ARROWS in the other-Body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming-WOO HOO! WHAT A RIDE!

Offline jrbows

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: August 15, 2014, 05:38:00 PM »
For me it's the "loose leaf" eliminator it seems no matter what kind of hunting I'm doing I have a loose leaf,branch, twig,etc. that is a ways off that I can't be sure about and moves with the slightest bit of wind once I glass it and eliminate it as a target animal I can forget about it and not waste time and energy trying to figure out if it's going to walk up on me before I'm ready.Personally I carry an 8 power monocular that fits in a shirt pocket.And I have worn glasses since the 5th grade so I don't have great eyes anyway.
SAVE A STUMP SHOOT A DEER

Offline JamesKerr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2014, 11:21:00 PM »
My bino's are very important for me in all types of hunting. Even in thick foliage they can really help pick out a deer or other animal if I've seen movement or a shape that shouldn't be there otherwise. I have 20/20 vision and am still a youngster, but I still find the enhanced vision a big plus for picking out animals a ways out.
James Kerr

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©