3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Let's talk/look at 2 Widow options!  (Read 362 times)

Offline TradBrewSC

• Trad Bowhunter
Let's talk/look at 2 Widow options!
« on: August 16, 2014, 09:03:00 PM »
So I have never owned a widow but have really got the itch. I have been in search of one for a friend who's wife wants to buy him one and I just can't stand it!

I have narrowed it down to two. PCHX & KBX.

I draw 27" and am thinking #55 at that length.

I wanna hear from you widow guys your thoughts and see some pictures!

This bow will most likely not be flying so I'm not worried about takedown other than the mass weight and ability to change limbs.

Let's hear and see what you've got!

Offline PaulDeadringer29

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Let's talk/look at 2 Widow options!
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 10:04:00 PM »
Nothing fancy, just pure hunting bow. 56" PCH III 55@28, I draw 28.5". I like a bow with some physical weight and this bow is about as light of a bow as I want. This bow is dialed in, I love shooting it and am so ready for deer season. [/url] [/IMG]

Offline dhermon85

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 10:23:00 PM »
Not a widow shooter, but think I'd go for the pchx. Only reasoning is the larger sight window. Just something to think about.

Offline Sean B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 11:02:00 PM »
I own both and shoot the PCH just a little bit better than the KB.  The PCH has a little more mass wgt than the KB, which I prefer.  You cant go wrong with either

My KB

My PCH

Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
NY Bowhunters Association
BW KB X
BW PCH X
BW PSR X
Robertson Tribal Styk

Offline medic77

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2014, 07:59:00 AM »
I myself love the look of a one piece so I went with the KBX
You're Off to Great PLACES!
      Today is YOUR day!
You're MOUNTAIN is Waiting.
  So....Get on Your WAY!  - Dr. Seuss

Offline ranger 3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2014, 09:00:00 AM »
You will enjoy either one, but if you want a td then the PCH is the way to go. I have owned them all and settled for a PLX and a PSRX in the same weight.
Black widow PLX 48@28
Black widow PSRX 48@28

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2014, 09:04:00 AM »
I am not a recurve shooter, but I don't think there is a bad choice Widow. Lots of my friends shoot them and really enjoy them . Whatever the model selected they rave about them.

If choosing one, my biggest decision would be color. Both the browns and greys are attractive and would combine beauty and effective camo results.  Go through the catalog and find the model that you find most appealing.  I have shot, but never owned, several Widows. They are fine bows.
Sam

Offline Dave Lay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2014, 10:16:00 AM »
I have a one piece and a take down but both mine are psa and pa  so same principal as what Sean said, I like the feel and look of the one piece but do shoot the take down better, plus if ya ever want a weight change its just a matter of limb change vs a new bow, same applies for a back up bow just have another set of limbs, Its very doubtful you would ever blow a limb on a widow but if ya did , again its just a matter of new limbs at 1/2 the price of a new bow, plus being able to take a bow down is a nice option even just in a pick up or atv loaded with gear, oh, and search for the "widow gallery" thread  it really helped me pick woods on my PAX
Compton traditional bowhunters
PBS regular
Traditional bowhunters of Arkansas
I live to bowhunt!!!
60” Widow SAV recurve 54@28
60” Widow KBX recurve 53@27
64” DGA longbow 48@27

Offline TradBrewSC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2014, 01:14:00 PM »
Thanks guys good info. Keep it coming.

I am the same way. I wanna convince myself to get the KB because I like the looks of the one piece but I have always shot TD's better.

However I have never really messed with a forward handle to begin with so it will all be new.

Offline Sean B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2014, 01:32:00 PM »
Its really not that much of a difference.  I do LOVE my KB.    The only down side, as it is with any 1 Pc bow is that it doesn't pack easy, you're stuck with 1 draw wght and if you damage a limb, you need a whole new bow.
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
NY Bowhunters Association
BW KB X
BW PCH X
BW PSR X
Robertson Tribal Styk

Online STICKBENDER98

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2014, 01:43:00 PM »
I got my PCHX the year before the KB model came out, and I love it!  I like the extra mass wight it has. Mine is birdseye maple limbs and riser 60" 51# @ 28".  I shot the KB model the next year at the trad bow expo here in Kalamazoo MI, I liked it but I felt I shot my PCH better, but with more time to shoot it I don't think there would be much difference in them.  I don't think you'll go wrong with either one...or if the wife allows get both   :bigsmyl:
Too many bows to list, and so many more I want to try!  Keep the wind in your face, and your broadheads sharp.

Offline dougbutt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2014, 06:38:00 PM »
I've got a kbx, I went to black widow and shot most of there models.   I think the the one pieces look the best and have no problem with the small sight windows.

Offline Terry Lightle

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2014, 06:52:00 PM »
Been shooting a longbow for 20 years plus,shot a Widow before that.This year hunting with a PCH,55@27 and love shooting this bow.It has what I look for in a hunting bow.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©