3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Centaur ILF limbs review.  (Read 308 times)

Offline el greco

• Trad Bowhunter
Centaur ILF limbs review.
« on: August 16, 2014, 10:11:00 PM »
I purchased the limbs second hand , 10 days ago or so.. they arrived one day before I leave for Traditional Bowhunter's of Florida Fall Rendezvous, at Ocala.
I left them on the box and I unpacked them there after I finished setting up my tent and getting comfy.. I was planning on shooting my BF extremes but then that meant I would have to wait the whole weekend just staring at them , curious as to how they perform.. Oh, F that, I am a horrible shooter anyway, I might as well slip on the Centaurs, even though I haven't shot a single arrow through them and go compete. String was not a problem with those medium limbs as the one the medium BFs were wearing came just perfect , giving me a brace height of around 7 and a half. Is that good? I don't know. The 40 target course would tell me...

to be continued..

From my cold,dead hands..

Offline el greco

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Centaur ILF limbs review.
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 10:13:00 PM »
The limbs were marked 52@28 and when I started flinging arrows they felt as such. Right from the start I started scoring in the ten ring. Needless to say the limbs on my Titan 2 were totally quiet and smooth to draw (but then again I only have a 27 inch draw). A few targets later me and my group, stumble upon a masters target, meaning you have the option to take a long shot for an extra 5 points if you hit the 10 ring, or you could just go ahead and shoot from the normal stake. I thing up to that point I had zero misses and only one five. Confident as I was , I go for the masters stake only to see with disappointment my arrow hitting low... at the end of the day I finished the course with 325 points , score that put me in the middle of the pack in the end results.
Personally , I have never shot that good, and I believe I would have done better if I had tuned the bow before and if stabilizers were allowed.
Anyway I am so happy with the limbs that yesterday I called Jim Neaves to order another pair with the same specs..

Disclaimer: sorry for the bad English ,this is not my native language.

Back home, to my garaze, I put the limbs through the chrono..
How would they do ,against the king of the stable, my BF extremes?
First things first though, I wanted to add the brand new Navajo wool string silencers that I ordered . Like almost everybody else I am making my own string silencers but after I saw a YouTube video from Gray-archer, praising them, pointing out how waterproof they are I had to try them. Guys, if you touch them you will not believe it is wool. They are sticky as they carry some kind of natural lanolin.
Anyway, I already had 2-2 silencers , now adding an extra pair my string ended up with 6 total! That showed on the results..
51#@27 inches, 407 grain arrow, 8gpp.

Offline el greco

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 10:17:00 PM »
I got 187 fps..
Something needed to be done. First I trimmed my homemade silencers.So from 187 fps I jumped to an average of.

I then decided to be done with one pair of the homemade silencers

That lead to this

Offline el greco

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 10:17:00 PM »
The string you see in the first pic, is the back up I made for heavy rain. It gives me an average of 193. At the end of the day the limbs are 6 fps slower than the BF extremes, but that is a compliment as the BFs are the fastest conventional recurve limbs I have played. On the plus side, I found the quieter, and at the same weight, a bit more "user friendly".

Offline nineworlds9

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Northman
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2014, 10:28:00 PM »
Thanks for the write up!  Looks like Jim Neaves at Centaur has some winners in his ILF limbs!  I have had 3 of the 1pc bows and hope to try a pair of these limbs someday.
52" Texas Recurve
58" Two Tracks Ogemaw
60" Toelke Chinook
62" Tall Tines Stickflinger
64" Big Jim Mountain Monarch
64" Poison Dart LB
66" Wes Wallace Royal

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©