3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Broadhead Adapters for glue on head  (Read 171 times)

Online imbowhunt10

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Broadhead Adapters for glue on head
« on: August 23, 2014, 11:02:00 AM »
I have been wondering if anyone has used a broadhead adapter for glue on heads with arrow dynamics traditional lite arrows? 3 Rivers has one that says it is for arrow dynamic arrows, but sounds like from the reviews it is to small. I would like to go to a glue on broadhead, and thought maybe someone here figured out which size adapter would work on a traditional lite shaft. I sure wish someone would come up with swaged carbon shafts, what do you think?
Never measure the mountain until you have reached the top, then you will see how low it is.

Offline JimB

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Broadhead Adapters for glue on head
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 11:27:00 AM »
Are you talking about inserts,adapters or glue on/glue in adapters?

If you are talking about glue on,glue in adapters,I don't see any reviews for the AD's.There are only 2 sizes of these adapters.Are the AD's 9/32" inside?

If the adapter is a little loose,Gorilla glue or a similar urethane glue should work as they expand as they set.Before completely set,you could dry fit a broadhead and check tip alignment and tweak if necessary.

Online imbowhunt10

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 11:53:00 AM »
Yes I am talking about the glue-in glue on adapters. I think these shafts are .343 or 11/32.
Never measure the mountain until you have reached the top, then you will see how low it is.

Offline WESTBROOK

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 12:22:00 PM »
Grizzly stik's take the same size inserts as AD, try the guys at Tuffhead they carry those.

Offline JimB

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2014, 12:33:00 PM »
Originally posted by imbowhunt10:
Yes I am talking about the glue-in glue on adapters. I think these shafts are .343 or 11/32.
You are giving the outside diameter.The ID is what's important.

Sounds like good advice from Westbook.I totally forgot about Tuffhead's adapters.

Online imbowhunt10

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2014, 01:58:00 PM »
I believe that they are 9/32 ID.

Offline vintage archer

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2014, 09:41:00 PM »
The inside diameter ( ID )
of the Grizzly stick is close to 9/32 0r .28100 we make our inserts about .275 so we know they will fit .We also taper them slightly ,001 so the can be started into the arrow. All arrows measurements vary regardless what the manufactures stipulate.

We call the OD. 11/32. following industry standards and refer to this insert on our web site for !1/32 arrows. It all makes about as much sense as arrow designations between manufactures   :knothead:  

Having said that we have in stock just 200 grain for the 11/32 grizzly stick arrow and since they are custom made , like all of our inserts ,it will be a while before they are in production. Sorry

i am not positive but do not believe this size adaptor fits  or interchanges with other arrow brands…. May be some else has had experience with this.

JIM B  Shame on you for forgetting us.     :biglaugh:
Joe Furlong

Offline WESTBROOK

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2014, 10:02:00 PM »
Hi Joe,

I pm'd you a while back regarding this, I gave you the measurement of an AD insert and you confirmed it was the same size as the Grizzly stick insert, thats what I was basing my comment on.

I dont have the AD any more or I would check again.

Eric

Offline vintage archer

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2014, 11:09:00 PM »
Erick  If I confirmed it then it is the same. There are so many different arrow specs,it is hard to keep up with.
Thanks
I am not aware any one else making this style adapter  in these diameters.

I guess Jim B is not the only one who forgets    :)   …..Sorry Jim   :)  

Erick  I just went back to the PM section    and found your note and my conformation.  THANKS .   I guess the question is resolved
Joe Furlong

Offline JimB

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2014, 12:52:00 PM »
Sorry Joe.It won't happen again!

Online imbowhunt10

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2014, 03:26:00 PM »
Thank You to everyone for your input. Sounds like the ones for the grizzly sticks would have worked, so I will keep on investigating.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©