3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: anyone know how the hunting is in or near laramie, wyoming  (Read 345 times)

Offline Longbows4life

• Trad Bowhunter
anyone know how the hunting is in or near laramie, wyoming
« on: September 25, 2007, 10:28:00 PM »
i was wondering if any one knows anything about hunting up there. is there public land to hunt on good size herds up there. just in general how is the hunting within say 100 miles around there. i am looking into going to college up at the university of wyoming and was just wondering how the hunting would be if i went there. if anyone knows about the fishing to that would be great info to. thank you very much.

Offline zilla

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: anyone know how the hunting is in or near laramie, wyoming
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 11:14:00 PM »
I'd say it aint too bad.. There is Nat forest near there and every year someone kills a big'un near there.. There are worse places you could choose.
Damn Nice guy

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 11:27:00 PM »
Go ,stay , have fun!! Hunting is good to great. The fishing is excellent. I'd go if I could. Good luck .
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Online Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 09:25:00 AM »
Just got back from an elk trip about a hundred miles west of Laramie in Medicine Bow National Forest.  Lots of mule deer, enough elk.  Very high number of hunters.  Did manage to take a bull, regardless.

Offline Lost Arra

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 10:43:00 AM »
When I was a college student in Laramie (LONG time ago) the Vedauwoo area east towards Cheyenne was a nice elk hunting area.

Offline Steve H.

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2007, 10:45:00 AM »
Small game hunting there can be phenomenal.  Lots of pronghorn opportunities too along with the deer (wt and md) and elk.

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2007, 10:50:00 AM »
WAY better than the N.W. part of WY. Lots and Lots of EVERYTHING there   :thumbsup:      :thumbsup:

Offline Barney

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2007, 12:47:00 PM »
What Vance said.   :thumbsup:

Offline ArrowAtomik

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2007, 09:43:00 PM »
I have a friend who went to grad school there.  He killed a huge cow elk in the medicine bow mountains with his vintage early 1980's compound (not far from traditional, huh).  He simply bought an ultra cheap resident elk tag and started walking around on his lonesome on the public land for days at a time with only a GPS.  Packed it out in 4-5 trips.  He didn't know a thing about what he was doing with elk... and managed success.  September is best though, before things get crazy with gunners later.

After a few years away, he loved it so much he's chosen to move back with his family.  Maybe one day if he gets some free time and I can persuade him to get into real archery, you could meet up.
I'm certainly hoping to make a trip out there one of these years to go after a beast.

Offline Longbows4life

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2007, 10:10:00 PM »
thanks for all the replys it sounds alot better up there than down here in sunny san diego i hope i get accepted to go to college there so i can have a good place to hunt.

Offline Hot Hap

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2007, 04:27:00 AM »
We spent the night there on the way back from seeing our son in Idaho. Looked like it would be a good area for retirement. Hap

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©