3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: That Hunting feeling  (Read 338 times)

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
That Hunting feeling
« on: September 26, 2007, 07:33:00 AM »
Well for the past 2 weeks I seem to be loosing the hunting feeling. Before I would be up 1hr before going out in to the woods to hunt, Now I just seem to want to stay home. I love to hunt but for some reason I just can't seem to want to go out hunting in the morning anymore. Does anyone else going thought this or is it just me. Maybe it's I can only hunt Deer & Turkey with the bow here in Jersey, I don't know....

If others have gone through this what did you do to get back that feeling?

Offline Jason Lester

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: That Hunting feeling
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 07:47:00 AM »
I had some days like that last year and the year before. I hadn't killed a deer in a few years (or had many shot opertunities) Basicaly I seemed to be pressuring myself to get out there and get a shot. I slept in and sometimes even didn't feel like going at all. Once I realized I was pressuring myself to get a shot I realized I had to get back to the things I love about hunting. For me its relaxing and peacefull. I go out before light and set up. I then get to watch the woods come alive. To me that is a little miricale every day. Sure I'd like to get a big buck or even a nice doe every year but if I don't Oh well. Now I can't wait to get out.

That's just how it happened to me.
Jason Lester

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 08:14:00 AM »
Maybe it's because you're just hunting for   A deer. Try hunting for a specific deer...a  certain buck that you know is in the area. This creates a challenge and will get you out of bed in the morning with an attitude of excitement and anticipation....works for me.     :archer:
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 12:08:00 PM »
Mystic, you put the trauma on a doe early season, and it's been hot out. I can understand your laziness,    :saywhat:   Once we get some cooler weather, I bet you'll be willing to get out more. If it's too hot to hunt, I just scout.
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 12:38:00 PM »
Jerry, I don't mind the weather, it's cool in the mornings more so then in the evenings... Something is missing... Maybe seeing the leaves turn color may help... Or maybe it's just I've been hunting the evenings more the past 2 years because of work, I don't know....

Offline Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2007, 01:20:00 PM »
I always have a hard time in the mornings. I start getting figity and after that, there is no reason scaring the deer off so I go back to camp. I can never sit more than a couple of hours in the mornings and I have talked myself out of going altogether. Evening hunts are different for me. The way I look at it is in the morning, the longer you sit the farther away from the best time you get. In the evening, the longer you sit the closer to good hunting time you get. Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Big Dave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2007, 05:35:00 PM »
Pat B discribed me almost to a T . I also hunt mostly evenings, partly because I'm too lazy to get up  :D    :D    :D
Live today like you'll meet God tommorow (you might)

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2007, 07:15:00 PM »
Has this warm weather have anything to do with your sluggishness? Funny...I struggle to get out of bed at 5am for work...yet...when I'm heading out for smallmouths or whitetails....I'm up at 4am well before the alarm! I will admit I find evening hunting more enjoyable....something about those last few waning moments knowing a large buck may be sneaking through silently....
Maybe you should find yourself a hunting partner who will motivate you and keep you psyched. Someone energetic, plenty of enthusiasm...someone who you could share your bowhunting skills with.
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2007, 07:24:00 PM »
Sal, Saturday as far as I'm concerned is the real Opening Day.The weather has to cool off. The leaves will change, you'll see that big buck with steam coming out of his nose!!! WOOOOFAAAAA! Don't let what happened a few weeks ago bother you . You'll end up ruining the time of year you wait for most of all. Saturday wake up early and hit the woods. If you want drive up to Zone 4.Let me know. I'll have a hard time sleeping Friday night for sure.

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2007, 07:33:00 PM »
Don't let that city life subdue your wilderness spirit! Sometimes we, as men, are stifled by having to achieve a goal, be on time, succeed, etc.
We need to reconnect with the woods. Move to it's rhythm, it's sounds, it's timing. We need to rediscover adventure and the natural desire to explore and kill for our food...to be self-sufficient. No fast food, no luxuries, just you and your weapon in His creation. If that doesn't stir your heart and soul you need it worse than I thought! Go afield and soak it all up. Hunt with your heart, mind and soul. There is no success or unsuccessful. There is just hunting.
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2007, 07:37:00 PM »
Some of the best days I've had afield were the ones I had to drag myself outa bed for. Some guys "gotta" be out before first light. I think it's fun to stalk to your stand or blind.

The warm weather we are having and the stress involved in our lives can put a damper on motivation. WE NEED TO HUNT!!! Just got a new to me longbow and will get out there and use it!

That's My 2 Cents!

... mike ...

PS ...   Hey There "snag" ... You Are Right On Target!  :thumbsup:
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2007, 09:03:00 PM »
Saturday's are about the day I find myself getting out there more... I just think it's because I have some free mornings, I stay in bed...I am the only hunter on the 16acres I hunt...

Offline dragonheart

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2007, 10:11:00 PM »
Can't relate.
Longbows & Short Shots

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©