3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: About to purchase a new bow  (Read 265 times)

Offline RodL

• Trad Bowhunter
About to purchase a new bow
« on: August 27, 2014, 10:27:00 PM »
I'm on the verge of getting George from Rainy Day bows to build me a bow. I have been emailing him along with South Cox from Stalker, both men have been top notch in response to my questions. I have always wanted a bow with the limbs mounted on the belly like the Black Widows. I have heard and read nothing but positive reviews of Georges bows and feel confident I will enjoy the bow he builds for me.  I'm looking at the green camo actionwood riser with the camo looking limbs. George and I are currently discussing the handle/grip of the bow, I have smaller hands and he is working with me to get the grip I need. Can't wait to start the process of having a bow built for me!!  I have been searching for pics of his bows and have found a few but if anyone would like to share some pics of there Rainy Day bow I would appreciate it.

Rodney

Offline mike g

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: About to purchase a new bow
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 10:15:00 AM »
George and I used to shoot together quite a bit..
    He's just up the road from me about 45 miles...
    You will like his bow...
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline grayfeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 12:48:00 PM »
I really like Georges bows.Really fast and great to shoot .Greorge will make you a bow just the way you want it .A real "custom" bow .You will be really happy with one of his bows .What are you thinking of recurve or longbow ?

Offline RainyDayBows

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 11:42:00 PM »
Rodney .    It's a pleasure discussing what you are looking for in a bow if you have any other questions let me know.

George

Offline Thumper Dunker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 03:03:00 AM »
I have a couple.    :rolleyes:    They are fast and smooth. They work for me. George makes a super good bow. Your going to really like that bow.

You can hop but you can't hide.
If it was not for rabbits I would never get a buck.
Yip yipahooooo yipyipyip.

Offline legends1

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2014, 07:53:00 PM »
If your looking for a great belly bolt bow you will be very happy with Rainyday. George is a great friend of mine and he is a real gentleman. You wont be disappointed.

Offline RodL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2014, 08:56:00 PM »
Well, I sent George the email to start the bow building process. I'm getting a 50lb recurve with camo actionwood riser and the camo actionwood angle cut limbs that give it the camo look.  I went with the SR riser which is a little slimmer than his other riser.  George has been great during this process answering all of my questions about his bows and I can't wait to get mine in a few weeks.  

Rodney

Offline Caughtandhobble

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2014, 10:48:00 PM »
Awesome pictures Tim!!!

Those look like killer bows.   :thumbsup:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©