3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Cascade Archery-Night Hawk Recurve  (Read 768 times)

Offline duncan idaho

• Trad Bowhunter
Cascade Archery-Night Hawk Recurve
« on: August 29, 2014, 12:51:00 AM »
Does anyone own and shoot this bow? I would appreciate an evaluation. Thank you.
" If wishes were fishes, we would all cast nets".

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Cascade Archery-Night Hawk Recurve
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 01:27:00 AM »
I'm a longbow shooter but I had to shoot one for a year while I was rehabbing a shoulder after surgery. I borrowed it from a buddy and it was a 52" pretty little bow and I killed several animals with it.

Great bow to have in a blind or in a stand, easy to carry around in the woods too. I have a 28" draw and shoot split finger and had no pinch. Great bow IMHO     :D
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Offline Wannabe1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • TGMM Family of the Bow
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 02:09:00 AM »
Wow, I'd say you were pretty deadly with that little bow! Great pics.   :thumbsup:
Desert Shield/Storm, Somalia and IOF Veteran
"The Mountains are calling and, I must go!" John Muir

Online Gen273

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 09:00:00 AM »
Tracy,
I can't believe you ever let your friend have that bow back, you really had the mojo working with that bow.

Duncan,
I am a short recurve nut, and I really like the Cascades. I have a 52 inch Nighthawk now, and it is a real shooter. I think that you would be very surprised as to how easy to shoot the short cascades are. However, they seem to be a little tougher to find than they used to be, so if you get the chance, I would jump on it if you are looking for a sweet short recurve. By the way, I have also owned a 56 inch Whitetailhawk from Cascade that was nice as well. Good luck, and let us know if you end up with one.
Jesus Saves (ROM 10:13)

Offline elkken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 12:06:00 PM »
I had one of the first of Steve's Night Hawk Magnums and it was a great shooting little bow. For a 52" bow it was really smooth with no finger pinch

I finally sold it when the weight got too heavy for my old bones. I shot several other critters with it over the years, it was a fine tree stand bow too.
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline duncan idaho

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2014, 10:53:00 PM »
I have received information that Cascade Archery is no longer making bows, however, the website is still active. Anyone know if Mr. Gorr has stopped selling bows? I Emailed the company several days ago, but no response. I know elk season is opening so they be in the mountains.

Offline Jesse Minish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2014, 01:49:00 AM »
Great bows!

Offline elkken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2014, 12:33:00 PM »
What weight are you looking for ? I may have a buddy who has one, but it would probably be in the 60# range
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline GRAYBEARD

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2014, 01:49:00 PM »
Duncan,
Check in with Grandpa here on TG. He is Cascade fan, as am I. I am shooting one of his 56" longbows and have had several of his recurves. All were butter smooth regardless of length with no pinch.
TGMM Family of the Bow; Make every heartbeat a party, the next one is not guaranteed!

Offline duncan idaho

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2014, 01:57:00 AM »
GB,
     Thank you for the information. I received information this morning that Cascade Archery is no longer selling bows. If true, a real lose to the Traditional community.

Offline cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2014, 03:51:00 AM »
Originally posted by duncan idaho:
GB,
     Thank you for the information. I received information this morning that Cascade Archery is no longer selling bows. If true, a real lose to the Traditional community.
X2
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline attack

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2014, 12:26:00 AM »
I know this is a few months old but as far as I know CheckMate made all of the bows for Cascade. There are a few Cascades that never went to Cascade for sale at Boormans in New West. They are labeled CheckMate Hunter TD. There is a 52" at 52# and a beautiful grey and black 58" at 45#.

CheckMate Firebird 56" 57#@28
CheckMate Falcon Special 60" 52#@28
Shakespeare Supe Necedah 54" 45#@28
Bear Blackbear riser 40# Sage limbs

Offline Shane Reed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2016, 03:32:00 PM »
This post is old, but just bought my first Cascade at a great price. Love this bow. Night Hawk 52" 60#@29" but I draw 25.5" so it's in the low 50's is my guess. Point, Shoot, and hit! This bow is one that is not leaving home. It just shoots to darn good for me to let it go. Time to go get some critters. ;-)

Online Kelly

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2016, 06:15:00 PM »
Have several and been using them since the mid-1980's when I took this buck.

In fact, would love to find the bow in above picture. Sold it to someone in the Northwest US like maybe Washington or Idaho. It was 67# and 52", had a red actionwood handle(probably the one and only of that color), yew lams under clear glass and may have had my name on it. Can no longer shoot that weight but would love to find/have it back for old times sake.

They are great bows for their short length up to 29" draw they worked fine for me. Not too easy to find these days since they are no longer made. Too bad!
>>>>============>

Enjoy the flight of an arrow amongst Mother Nature's Glory!

Once one opens the mind to the plausible, the unbelievable becomes possible!

>>>>============>

Yours for better bowhunting, Kelly

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©