3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Who is hunting opening day in Ohio?  (Read 488 times)

Offline bowhunterksb32

• Trad Bowhunter
Who is hunting opening day in Ohio?
« on: September 26, 2007, 12:04:00 PM »
I'll be out  in the morning, but have to work that night so i wont get to go in the evening.

Having a hard time finding a food source this season. I can' find but a handful of white oak acorns.There are several red oak acorns but they seem to beeating them as soon as they fall and moving on. The hay fields in my area are mostly dead and have no access to corn fields.

Offline McGeeM

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Who is hunting opening day in Ohio?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 03:28:00 PM »
I will be going out morning and evening. Two different places. I hope it cools down some more or I'll be sitting in shorts and a tshirt.

Offline captaincaveman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 03:37:00 PM »
OOOOOOOOOOHHHHH  YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!! I'll be there.  This will be my first year in a tree.  I have killed ALOT from the ground but I found a summit viper climber for $100 in a pawn shop so just for gits and shiggles I'm trying the high life this year.  GOOD LUCK YALL!!!!

Josh

Offline Otto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 04:31:00 PM »
I'll be out in the morning.  Too hot for me in the evening.
Otto

Offline deertraks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 05:10:00 PM »
First year with traditional. :archer:
Dave
Phil. 2:6-11

Offline Osagetree

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2007, 05:31:00 PM »
Scott, I will be hunting all day in two locations. One morning spot not over water and an evening stand by the water. The stands are 22 miles apart. The drive will be my only break for the day. I will do this traveling around 11:00am.

No food source and it is hot. We have not had rain in over 15 days with record high temps. So, I say hunt the water holes and find a good place on a small creek holing water with a cut feild and a thicket as transition and staging zones.

Last weekend those were my thoughts, but now they say rain tonight and tomorrow. If so, that blows my plans and hard work I put in last weekend. See,,, I hung a stand in such a spot not to close to where we usualy meet up.
Maybe the plan will work out regardless of rain or not.

Who knows,,, I may be done and dragging by 10:00AM.

Scott or anyone here who know where I am talking about, can use my stand anytime. It is located in the mines past the 3 ponds by the old building, 1st dip in the road and on the right there is a dry wash grown over. Follow the right side of the wash down to the bigger creek. The otherside of the creek there is a hollow and the stand is just up the hill/bank in the center of the hollow and overlooking the first flat. It's in a smaller maple with limbs, but you should see it and the steps.... Big buck sign too!
>>--TGMM--> Family of the Bow

Offline Osagetree

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2007, 05:35:00 PM »
Dang Mr. Adkins, If you're out there at the mines drive by and honk or come by at dark. Look for the jeep wrangler, green.
>>--TGMM--> Family of the Bow

Offline deertraks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2007, 05:59:00 PM »
OK Osage, if it's not to late when I come out of the woods, I'll drive by.
Dave
Phil. 2:6-11

Offline Legolas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2007, 06:08:00 PM »
IF ITS BROWN ITS GOIN DOWN-EVEN IF ITS GOT WHITE DOTS AND MILK ON ITS LIPS.

Leg
Things seem to turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out-Art Linkletter

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you are probably right-Henry Ford

Offline Molson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2007, 06:42:00 PM »
Haven't missed opening day in 21 years.  Be out all day Saturday and Sunday.  Gotta get the bags of ice ready 'cause they're calling for 75 and sunny!
"The old ways will work in the future, but the new ways have never worked in the past."

Offline Drummer@Home

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2007, 07:33:00 PM »
I have to bring my mom and dad up from circleville this weekend.  :banghead:  Wont be able to hunt this opening day. First time I've missed one in a long time. My parents helth is not great so its time to move them a bit closer. I guess it's ok to miss for a good reason. Luck to all that go out
Zen without realization of the body is empty speculation. If I could only stop dropping the BOW!!!!!!

Offline T.J.

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2007, 07:57:00 PM »
I'll be out sat evening! I can't wait  :)  Hopefully I'll get my first deer ever.

Drummer-Good luck to your parents health and good luck when you do get out there
"...Watching a buck turn back seeing his form melt away, a hunter will feel an inner smile. There's no other place he wishes to be and never does he feel more alive..."

~Gene Wensel (Primal Dreams)

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline 4runr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2007, 09:42:00 PM »
Looks like I gotta sit this one out. New job and we're behind, means working Saturday. Then tonight we learned that my wife's grandma passed away. She was in her 90's and has lived a long good life, we expected it. The funeral will probably be Saturday.

I keep telling myself it's too hot anyway...lol...
Kenny

Christ died to save me, this I read
and in my heart I find a need
of Him to be my Savior
          By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Meateater

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2007, 10:27:00 PM »
I will be there all day.  Taking Monday off as well to hunt.  I am counting the hours.  Hung my stand last Saturday and scouted some.  Saw 15 deer that evening, so I am pumped.  The forcasted wind direction could be a little better, but hopefully with the morning thermals and the hill I'm on, it will be OK.
David

Offline Cherokee Scout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2007, 06:47:00 AM »
Yes, three of ou will be coming from Alabama.
John

Offline Mike Gerardi

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2007, 07:43:00 AM »
All day saturday and sunday. It is a first that I have both days off work without having to take vacation.

Offline rabbitman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2007, 08:03:00 AM »
Yes, me and a buddy will be camping and hunting with the three Alabama boys somewhere in the Wayne National forest....be my first time ever bowhunting on public land.

Offline GingivitisKahn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2007, 09:33:00 AM »
Nope.  I'll be at a super cool air show.  :-D

Offline bowhunterksb32

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2007, 10:50:00 AM »
I checked at one last area this morning and found alot of white oak acorns and a dead buck

I saw one real small buck and was able to get within about 10 yards. the pics is fromabout 30 but the camera doesn't have any zoom. Deer is by the tree

. there were acorns every where but not a whole lot of sign.

Joe, I may drop by your jeep on saturday at dark and see if you need any help dragging. I'm not going to hunt sat evening because if i would get one i wouldn't have time to cut it up before work. I went ahead and took next week off fromthis sunday to next sunday.

Offline Bob Morrison

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2007, 11:42:00 AM »
Evenings for sure. I never hunted a morning last season. But if I can get my butt outa bed I'll be there Saturday morning also.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©