3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: First Lite in ASAT  (Read 534 times)

Offline perry f.

• Trad Bowhunter
First Lite in ASAT
« on: September 03, 2014, 10:05:00 PM »
I'm wanting to buy some first lite kanab pants and llano crew in ASAT camo, but am having trouble finding it in stock. Does anyone know where I could find it? Of better yet, does anyone have any forsale used in size large????

Offline paradocs

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: First Lite in ASAT
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 10:12:00 PM »
I received the Kanab pants today...very nice. ordered from Amazon; shipped direct from First Lite.

Offline perry f.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 10:20:00 PM »
Just checked amazon..... No size large

Offline sveltri

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 10:37:00 PM »
Try RMSGear they had it a couple weeks ago

Online pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 10:51:00 PM »
Good luck.  Don't bother trying Santana's.  Not available.

Offline sveltri

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2014, 10:54:00 PM »
did you try ASAT direct

Offline PaPaFrank

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2014, 06:52:00 AM »
Try Linton Outdoors ...
Keep it Simple
TGMM  Family of the Bow
PBS

Offline perry f.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2014, 07:38:00 AM »
Thanks for the suggestions, but still no luck in my size. Either out of stock or don't offer in large

Offline Ron Vought

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2014, 07:51:00 AM »
I called First Lite direct and they are sold out as well. Good luck finding them.

Ron

Online Bigriver

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2014, 08:17:00 AM »
Just an fyi, Graywolf Woolens does have asat wool camo. Really nice stuff, I dont think most people know about that. The new owners are super people too!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline NittanyRider

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2014, 08:28:00 AM »
I was looking for the same thing yesterday and didn't find any Large, ASAT Kanabs available... not even on E-***.  I should have ordered them a month ago when I first started looking!

Offline perry f.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2014, 09:28:00 AM »
I usually wear a 34 waist. This is on low side of the large. They say they run big. Anyone know if a medium will fit?

Offline sveltri

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2014, 10:16:00 AM »
I wear a 36 and the large fits me perfect, you may get away with a medium.

Offline Ron Vought

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2014, 03:03:00 PM »
I ordered the Kanab (dry earth) pants a month or so ago directly from First Lite and glad that they talked me into an XL for my 38 waist.

Most of the First Lite distributors on their web page is showing out of stock for the XL ASAT Kenabs. Doesn't look good for Large sizes either..

Ron

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2014, 03:05:00 PM »
I JUST CHECKED THE Santana OUTDOORS SITE AND THEY HAVE THEM IN LARGE.
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Offline Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2014, 09:57:00 AM »
Originally posted by Ron Vought:
I ordered the Kanab (dry earth) pants a month or so ago directly from First Lite and glad that they talked me into an XL for my 38 waist.

Most of the First Lite distributors on their web page is showing out of stock for the XL ASAT Kenabs. Doesn't look good for Large sizes either..

Ron
I went with the Dry Earth color too on the ones I just ordered. More and more I'm moving away from camo patterns and just using earth tone wool clothing.  These will be a good option for warmer weather and I have my charcoal gray Filson heavyweight wool for colder days.
Tradgang Charter Member #35

Offline Ron Vought

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2014, 10:29:00 AM »
Yeah me too Ray. Commercial Camo now a days is bothering me for a lot of reasons and I believe its also not needed. Not a lot of people realize that the lighter merino wool that First Lite offers breathes very well in hot temps and with a bit of layering underneath are very warm int he colder temps. I may just order another pair of dry earth or their new pine color pants.

Ron

Offline Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2014, 02:40:00 PM »
OK, my initial review on these that just came in.  Tailoring looks good.  Color will work well.

Minuses (and I'm picky when it comes to wool because I've owned most of it (KOM, Gray Wolf, Classic Bowman, Filson, Columbia, and probably a couple of others):

The fabric is 'hard', meaning when I walk in a dark room I can hear the swish. Hopefully this will soften a little. The seat and thighs were lined with a nylon material (like a ripstop style), this is ok for a tailored suit, but I'm not a fan of it in my hunting clothes. I've already removed that.  

I like the lighter fabric, as I do hunt some 50-65 degree days and this will work well for that. Also, the time of year these will be in use, the leaves will still be on the trees, so there's more rustling noise and 'absorbtion' in the woods. Try something not quiet on a Michigan 20 degree December evening with no wind and you'll sound like a bag full of paper being rustled.

Finally, (not performance rated-but really?)-"Designed in America, Made in China" was on that inner liner.  Hmmmmm.  

OK, so there's my honest review.
Tradgang Charter Member #35

Offline Steve Chappell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2014, 02:22:00 PM »
I have been using the Kanab pants for many years...here in MI and also in north central CO during archery season. I am 36 waist and Large is fits good...XL falls off me. I planned to take them to AK Moose hunting (should be there right now) but my hunt was cancelled. It can get pretty warm during the day in CO during archery season and I do not have an issue. My only concern for my Moose hunt was they do not stop wind but I had a fix for that.  I have used Sitka, KUIU, ASAT brand but prefer Kanab. Over time what little noise they make goes aaway...it has for me.  While there are more and more options for quality cloths in ASAT, there are still very few. Jeff's Gray Wolf wool is not even close to Kanab merino wool...and he makes first class clothing! I will eventually own a set Gray Wolf in ASAT...it is the finest cold weather wool out there IMHO.  

First Lite customer service is great...they have been extremely responsive to anything I address with them.
AKA - Huntfun
Professional Bowhunters Society-Regular Member
Compton Life member
Michigan Longbow Association
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters
Backcountry Hunters & Anglers

Offline Ryan Sanpei

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2014, 08:06:00 PM »
Looks like First Lite is coming out with their own camo pattern. They just added this to their profile pic today.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©