3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Stotler Game Getter  (Read 567 times)

Offline Moots

• Trad Bowhunter
Stotler Game Getter
« on: September 04, 2014, 10:28:00 PM »
Can anyone give me feedback on the Stotler Game Getter from Stotler Archery in Illinois?  What are shooting characteristics?  Fit and finish?  Speed?  Hand shock? Do you like this bow?

Thanks,
Rob

Offline Caboo

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Stotler Game Getter
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 11:09:00 PM »
Mine is a 66" Elite with the carbon center lamination. It is 55#@28", Lots deflex-reflex and stores a lot of energy for 55#. With wide thin limbs like a recurve it pulls very smooth with zero hand shock. I find the fit and finish of mine excellent. Speed? Yes. I like mine very much, only reason I'm selling it is they pull so smooth I found another one 3# heavier.

Offline Michael Pfander

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 12:03:00 AM »
I killed my first 2 elk with mine.  It is the smoothest drawing 62# bow I own.
MAP
Map
PBS
BHA
P&Y

Online Raminshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 08:04:00 AM »
I think the primary benefit of a Stotler is the fact that it employs a very long riser with short working limbs (wide and flat).  this allows you to shoot a 66" bow and get more out of it than you would if it were a traditional longbow. These bows are very stable even as a one piece bow.  Are they fast? Sure, but I dont speed test mine and I also have always shot them with an 18 strand fast flight as originally recommended. How do I know....I own six of them.  You can't go wrong with one.
Keep flinging those shafts!

Offline Moots

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 08:33:00 AM »
Great information.  Thanks.

How do the older Stotlers compare to the newer?

Thanks,
Rob

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2014, 11:09:00 AM »
I had an older model, it was fantastic when the brace was set right. I don't care for the ridge on the palm side of the grip and the point on the back of some that I have seen pictured. But they will do the grip anyway you want it. The original fairly straight angled grip is a good one. Stotlers are every bit as forgiving as any longbow, they handle a bit slower than Hill style bows, that is the only reason that I do not use them, but with a lighter myrtle handle I could be wrong on that.

Offline Tim Nuss

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2014, 10:46:00 PM »
They build a great bow, great quality and lots of fun to shoot. And the people at Stotler of Illinois are really good people to work with.
TGMM Family of the Bow
United Bowhunters of Illinois
Compton Member

Online Steelhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2014, 02:23:00 AM »
Thier a unique design.
I have had a few of the older Stotlers.

Its been awhile since I had one.
I liked the ones I had.My Brother has a newer one.

I think the flatbow style limb combined with the moderately aggressive reflex deflex makes for a quiet,smooth drawing bow with good cast.

If you like the some mass weight in the riser the Stotler could be a good choice in a bow for deadness in the hand and steadiness.

One of mine was very fancy and a nice representaion of the bowyers artistic expression.

The other one was a no nonsense hunting bow.One had carbon in  the linb layup and one did not.I found the grip comfortable personally.The bow had a larger arrow shelf than most typical D shaped longbows.I do not know if it was cut to center or not.The riser is plenty big to have it cut to center or maybe even past if someone prefers that.

Thier solid state bows.

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2014, 10:32:00 AM »
I have an original GameBuster
It is FAST and hits like a hammer. Nothing not to like.
It is for sale. 63# @ 28"
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Offline Moots

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2014, 05:52:00 PM »
Thanks Chuck, a little heavy for me. . ..  And I think I might have a deal on a Jerry Dishion Stotler.

Eric, I don't know if there is a bow out there that you haven't tried!  LOL.  Thanks for the great information.

Sincerely,
Rob

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2014, 08:18:00 AM »
Mine is also made by Dishion.
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©