3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: First cat encounter  (Read 981 times)

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: First cat encounter
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2014, 11:52:00 AM »
I have seen a grand total of one mountain lion in all my time in the woods. God only knows how many have seen me. Sneaky suckers.
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline FoCoBlackWidow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2014, 12:22:00 PM »
It was definitely a unique experience and I'm sure there have been more that have watched me over the last five seasons. It just brings a bit of paranoia back when wandering the area in the dark now.

Matty, I remember you talking about barking and carrying the air lite - I'll probably look into one of those. I've got a three-day weekend coming up to give the elk and deer one more shot, so I'll carry the .45 and then it's back whitetails. No pistols needed for that! I'm around this week if you want to shoot. Can't wait to hear about your hunt.

Knobby, I'm good with Wisconsin again, just make sure you keep a few animals around. We can't have a repeat of the bear hunt of 2012...
FoCoBlackWidow

Offline Matty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2014, 09:25:00 PM »
Sunday it was pouring rain. Julie found a pine tree with a deep well, she said "let's sit under it and wait out the rain"  well it was pouring. I said no. Back to the tent. When we came back to that exact spot. This was right in front of the tree. Crazy. Randy and I will have to go back in the winter with the dogs!!

Offline FoCoBlackWidow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2014, 10:51:00 AM »
Looks like it was a good call to get back to the tent instead! Wow.
FoCoBlackWidow

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2014, 06:00:00 PM »
I have never hunted out west, so I have never had a thought about seeing one. However, they seem to be increasing here in the south, and there have been some unconfirmed reports here in middle Georgia. I don't really think I want to run across one in the woods even though I always carry my Glock in the woods.
Sam

Offline The Ole' Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2014, 06:37:00 PM »
Lucky you decided to turn on you headlamp.  Makes you want to keep looking over your shouldef doesn't it !

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©