3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 7 days until opening day! CT tradgangers are you ready  (Read 276 times)

Offline Scott E

• Trad Bowhunter
7 days until opening day! CT tradgangers are you ready
« on: September 08, 2014, 01:11:00 PM »
One more week until opening day here in the nutmeg state. I'm bouncing off the walls with excitement, I've packed and repacked my gear a dozen times, sharpened my broadheads, checked my trail cams, set up ground blinds, and all I have to do now is wait....

I am so excited to hunt this year.     :goldtooth:   poor Mrs. E has had to listen to me go on and on about hunting. And in a few days she won't see me again until December lol she might be happy about that one     :laughing:    

Who else is excited for opening day?
Self reliance cannot be bought

Online TooManyHobbies

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 7 days until opening day! CT tradgangers are you ready
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 03:07:00 PM »
I'm with ya. Checked one of my cams today, had a doe, spike and a young 8pt at a water hole. I have a week of work to get done (self employed), hopefully it won't rain and put me behind.
Stands are up, bow is ready, broadheads are sharp. One of my stands has a ton of scat, and white oaks are dropping nuts.
Good luck Scott.
60" Bear Super Kodiak 50@28 (56@31)
68" Kohannah Long Bow 62@30

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 05:13:00 PM »
All the guys I know that hunt Connecticut are getting way up there in years but Im hoping that someone will help them to their stands lest they get lost or winded. You see Cuz, Kevin, Matt and Pete? Im always looking out for you folks.    :laughing:   Best of luck to all of you old guys.

Offline DennyK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 07:04:00 PM »
Sept 15 opens the Michigan small game seaon, Oct.1 is our archery deer opener. Never seen white oak acorns like this years's crop, both in quantity and size. I put in couple more ground blinds just to hunt the oaks. I'm excited for the fall and winter hunting seasons every year, this is my 43rd season bowhunting deer and small game.
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 08:35:00 PM »
Good luck Guys.  Kill something even if its just time.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©