3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: " .....GOOD TRADE"  (Read 424 times)

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
" .....GOOD TRADE"
« on: September 26, 2007, 09:02:00 PM »
One of the best lines in the movie Dances with Wolves is when one of the Indians finds the Lieutenant's (Kevin Costners)hat after the Tatanka (buffalo) hunt. Of course he wants his hat back but the  Indian says he found it on the prairie, and basically finders keepers. Another indian "Wind in his hair" suggests maybe a trade is in order and the 1st indian pulls out this big antler handled knife in a leather sheath and offers it to the lieutenet who accepts the knife in trade for the hat. Wind in his Hair then nods his head and says.."GOOD TRADE".

Recently George Stout ran an ad in the classifieds wanting to trade his lighter weight A handle Bear Custom Kodiak Takedown for a longer B handle with heavier limbs. Dang if I didn't have a B handle Take down that was a little long and heavy for me hanging on the wall.

Long story short I recieved a box from George tonight and inside was an absolutely beautiful brown FB Custom Kodiak takedown with a little compass in the handle. After a quick examination I put it together (really sweet not needing any tools), strung it up, and held it at arms length.The tied on nock point made me smile right off. I drew it back. Felt great. Went down stairs and grabbed a 45/50 spined tapered maple shaft and proceeded to stick it in the center of my target bag about 10 times in a row at my usual hunting distance. Quick, quiet as a churce mouse, smooth on draw and release. Mr Bear sure knew what he was doing when he designed this bow.

so George, as Wind in his Hair would say if he witnessed the transaction...."GOOD TRADE".

Thank you sir    :thumbsup:
There is always someone that knows more than you, and someone that knows less than you, so you can always learn and you can always teach

Offline sticshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: " .....GOOD TRADE"
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 09:05:00 PM »
Ya gotta love when a trade goes good. Congrats to ya  both.<><
The Church of God is an anvil that has worn out many hammers.

"Walk softly..and carry a sharp   Stic."
TGMM

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 09:06:00 PM »
any pic's mickey??

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 09:08:00 PM »
I think the "lootentent" already expressed a matching sentiment, Mickey. Good to see an old trooper like that in good hands.

Killdeer
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 09:14:00 PM »
Killy I love raeding how you spelled "lootentent" remembering how the Indians would say it like that. Love the movie and watch it a couple times a year.

It's funny how with the people on this forum that most often in trades, BOTH parties feel they got the better end of the deal.   ;)
There is always someone that knows more than you, and someone that knows less than you, so you can always learn and you can always teach

Offline 4runr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2007, 09:23:00 PM »
Goooood stuff!!
Kenny

Christ died to save me, this I read
and in my heart I find a need
of Him to be my Savior
          By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Allan Hundeby

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2007, 10:34:00 PM »
Woah!  All I saw was the subject line... and I knew exactly what that quote was from!  (My brothers and I picked out that one-liner too; kind of an inside-joke in our family.)
Bow:
62" Bob Lee TD Hunter Recurve: 51# @ 28", Braceheight: 7 3/4"

Bowstring:
Chad Weaver 58.5'' 10-strand DF97 (padded loops); 0.19 HALO serving; rubber silencers & brush buttons

Offline Dano

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2007, 10:56:00 PM »
"Wind in his hair" is my all time favorite Indian, next to Tonto of course.  :bigsmyl:  

Good trade Mickey and George, congrats to the both of yuins.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" Red Green

Offline huntsmanlance

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2007, 02:08:00 AM »
Ahhh but does it hit only vitals at 40 yards like the one you sent him?   :jumper:
St. Huberts Rangers
Mudd's Merry Men

Offline Curtiss Cardinal

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2007, 04:28:00 AM »
At the last LTBA shoot of the year. I had the pleasure of shooting with two 14 year old boys becoming men. We talked about all kinds of dstuff about the wild I told them some survival in the wild stuff. We talked about dances with wolves and they saud they liked the way the Indians in the movie had names that were cool like Wind In the Hair. As we turned the corner one sees a standing MacKenzie Bear target and says, "That bear looks like it's taking a whiz." And I say OK that is your Indian name, "Whizzing Bear"
This is met with hilarity by the two. The other asks "How come I don't have a name?" You d o says I, Complains Too Much or Whiney Little Beeohtch. this too is met with hilarity. Then they finally stop laughing and they ask, "So what is your Indian Name. "Farts In Crowded Elevators" to which they bith literally fell down they were laughing so hard.  :bigsmyl:
That story might get pulled but it was funny though huh?
Hey Ferret sounds like it was indeed a good trade.
It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare. ~Mark Twain
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline Tony Phillips

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2007, 06:00:00 AM »
Ferret,

That was my bow that I sold to George.
Tony Phillips
“What we do in life echoes in eternity”

56" Striker Stinger
52" Saluki Scythian
54" Saluki Turk

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2007, 07:18:00 AM »
Dunno Lance, I can barely SEE 40 yards, unless I'm moose hunting I'd never shoot that far LOL I know it only shot vitals at my range (8 yards)   :bigsmyl:  

Tony did you buy it new? Did it come with the compass in the handle? I don't remember any custom Kodiaks coming with compasses, but I like it. This is my first Bear with a Gainesville decal on it. I've sat at Fred's desk in Gainsville and stood over his workbench there while visiting with Frank Scott.I like the connection.

Offline Tony Phillips

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2007, 07:50:00 AM »
Ferret,

Yes the compass was already in the riser. I think all the new models have them in the riser. I liked the bow and the ease of removing the limbs, I just do not like 3 piece T/Ds.

I won that bow on E***.
Tony Phillips
“What we do in life echoes in eternity”

56" Striker Stinger
52" Saluki Scythian
54" Saluki Turk

Offline Huntrdfk@Work

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2007, 07:53:00 AM »
Good for both of you, it's eerie sometimes how things work out, the type of people here just seem to make good things happen.......now, don't I remember about a month ago Mickey saying something about the "dark side" grabbing him???? All of a sudden here he is trading for a glass bow and shooting bullseyes with it, hmmmmmm.  :bigsmyl:    Just kidding Mickey, I know that osage is a part of your body and soul......

David

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2007, 08:23:00 AM »
You know David every time I shoot a glass bow I am impressed with it. Gosh what's not to like? You don't have to worry about stringing and unstringing if you don't want to, they shoot smooth and shoot hard, are eaasy to shoot accurately being near centershot, and they are generally attractive with the different woods in the risers and such. I really like them...probably have 30 of them or so.....but yes, wood bows are in my blood like red and white cells and next week when I start chasing the wily whitetails and turkeys of the buckeye state and when I head north to Wisconsin next month, I'll be carrying a wood bow, and cane arrows. It's what I am.

Offline Tom Leemans

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2007, 08:30:00 AM »
I said the same thing to Sal when I traded him a custom toothing plane for one of his yucca quivers. He thought he got the better deal. I thought I got the better deal. Good trade...
Got wood? - Tom

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2007, 08:34:00 AM »
a Micky Quote:  
was a little long and heavy for me  
Aren't they all? I seem to have the same problem.
  :bigsmyl:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©