3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: CARBON ARROW TOUGHNESS. ..?  (Read 575 times)

Offline pinky

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: CARBON ARROW TOUGHNESS. ..?
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2014, 06:47:00 PM »
I was out elk hunting yesterday and was stumping my way back up to the trail I took in.

I think i will be footing my carbon shafts now.  I hit the stump and it looked softer than the outcome shows. maybe it was was damaged from a previous impact and i didn't notice. Trad only shaft.
Martin Hatfeild TD (bearings)RC
Trails End     (Good Medicine) RC
Selway (Lil Shooter) LB
Aspen (Elite) LB

Public Land Hunter

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2014, 08:35:00 PM »
I stump shoot just about every morning, and my preferred stump shooting arrows are a GT 3555 with a judo and a GT 3555 with a plastic blunt. I don't foot them.   I usually am lucky enough to find enough lost 3555's around the range to use for my stumping arrows, so haven't had to use any new shafts in a long time.  When I shoot at a hard target, I use the plastic blunt, and when I shoot at a soft target, I use the judo.  I can get months of use out of them before they break, and they usually fracture from hitting the side of the shaft against something hard. The GT 3555's last a LOT longer than wooden or aluminum shafts, so I use them for my stumping even if I'm shooting wooden arrows at the targets.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Offline longbow guy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2014, 03:05:00 PM »
Toughness ?  Carbonwoods vapors (Blackhawks) since 2001 used for stumping and 3 -D
(david miller) old tom , black widow  pl III and  pl ll
wifes (david miller) little hawk
wifes black rhino
two tracks longwalker
MLA Member and Compton Member

Offline Tedd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2014, 03:56:00 PM »
What Terry said. I don't know of anything tougher. Just found one that has been out beyond my target for a few years laying in the woods.It works just fine.
Tedd

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©