3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Karma in Hunting  (Read 1003 times)

Offline nineworlds9

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Northman
Re: Karma in Hunting
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2014, 09:20:00 PM »
Cool deal Scouter'!  Well heard.

I'm still just a little twitchy from that Colorado Moose thread where anyone questioning the hunter or ethics of the situation was lumped in with the antis and liberals; it almost was degenerating into a 'youre with us or against us' atmosphere.  As it stands it appears the facts have finally come to light on that hunt and we all got a little overexcited over a red herring.
52" Texas Recurve
58" Two Tracks Ogemaw
60" Toelke Chinook
62" Tall Tines Stickflinger
64" Big Jim Mountain Monarch
64" Poison Dart LB
66" Wes Wallace Royal

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2014, 09:50:00 PM »
Nope. I believe there are two factors in hunting, skill and dumb luck.
Ditto.

Reminds me of a tournament I shot in several years ago, when a guy I was shooting with got his third and last "lucky arrow" destroyed when I robin-hooded it...in the rear-end of a mountain lion target.  None of the three were very lucky that day.

Also reminds me of the saying--the guy who works the hardest seems to have the most luck!

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2014, 09:57:00 PM »
No.  I think if the deer were polled they'd say my intents were pretty awful and evil.  

I respect the deer and try for a quick kill; but my karma must suffer terribly with evert success.

If you believe in such stuff.  I don't think there is any real-time earthly reward or punishment for your actions from the cosmic or heavenly referees.  That comes later.
Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Offline Etter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2014, 10:09:00 PM »
It's impossible for me to get on board with any sort of organized religious thought, but I see it's probably not likely the other way around either.  

I'm probably just some sort of barbarian, woodsy, hippie.  

Either way, I'm headed to north ga bear camp in the morning where I can ponder such problems that I have with my personality.

Offline Duncan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2014, 11:18:00 PM »
This energy that Adirondackman speaks of is what I believe exists, like the Tao, an energy that courses through the universe and is in all things living and not living. This is something that has been understood by mankind throughout history. As you can see by the responses that some believe it and some don't. Makes no difference that some don't believe in it because it is not necessarily a religion. It will still exist. The unknowable that we get a glimpse of now and again when we see an amazing view or a sky filled with stars or a rare animal and we know its is there. Aside from the various interpretations which I find meaningful and helpful in my life I know that this energy source is likely the same one that other cultures also know. So when I hunt I'm looking not only for game but I'm looking for the source at work and try to be in tune with it as much as possible. We hunters call this blending in, you know when you are blended when the creatures appear again going about their business. Experience has taught me that blending is easier if your mind and body are in tune and when you are in tune your game will show it self and if you have done your part you will be offered opportunity. Nearly every animal I have ever taken when I knew I was in tune gave itself over to me like a gift. We can still make it happen when not in tune and I have by my skill alone but it was often not so easy or almost didn't happen. You experienced hunters out there, you know what I'm talking about when an animal seemed easily taken versus one that seemed taken by sheer force. You still have to do the things that all hunters must do to try and make a hunt successful, I'm just saying that I have at times sensed a different dimension to my hunts and that my personal condition while hunting makes a difference in the outcome. This energy affect everything in nature including you.  :)
Member NCBA

Offline Gen273

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2014, 11:28:00 PM »
Originally posted by Gooserbat:
Nope.  I believe there are two factors in hunting, skill and dumb luck.
X2
Jesus Saves (ROM 10:13)

Offline Thumper Dunker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2014, 03:46:00 AM »
Originally posted by Gen273:

Originally posted by Gooserbat:
Nope.  I believe there are two factors in hunting, skill and dumb luck.
X2 [/b]
Ditto.
You can hop but you can't hide.
If it was not for rabbits I would never get a buck.
Yip yipahooooo yipyipyip.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2014, 07:59:00 AM »
I believe there are things that happen in the natural world that we are NOT supposed to understand, quantify or figure out...

There are such threads appear periodically over my years here regarding such things.

I believe that there is MYSTERY in things in the natural world... but being that I am a finite being in an infinite world, I know I cannot comprehend it with any authority, so I just don't try!

I smile with the positive of the "unknown" happens and I shake my head (and smile later) when the oddities of the outdoor pursuits work in my disfavor.

Some similar threads talk about "honoring the fallen animal."

In that regard, I respect all animals I hunt but in the end, I worship the Creator, not the creature.
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Adirondackman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2014, 08:29:00 AM »
"at some point technology becomes not an aid but a substitute for sportsmanship" - Aldo Leopold

Offline Adirondackman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2014, 08:30:00 AM »
"at some point technology becomes not an aid but a substitute for sportsmanship" - Aldo Leopold

Offline Tradtical Commando

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2014, 09:17:00 AM »
I think animals can pick up on your vibes. Similar to walking into a room and sensing the tension in the air before you know whats going on. I have noticed with myself that when I put a lot of pressure on myself to succeed and am tense about it, that animals go around me. When I am relaxed and good natured then they seem to not notice me without legitimate and tangible reason.

Offline Alvey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2014, 11:38:00 AM »
Nope!
Hard work spotlights the character of people:some turn up their sleeves,some turn up their noses,and some don’t turn up at all.(Sam Ewing)

Offline monkeyball

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2014, 01:04:00 PM »
Karma......kind of like," what goes around comes around".

I cannot say that I think it really pertains to the success or non-success of a hunt,and success in this case meaning a filled tag.

Lots of good views here,makes the wheels turn on a rainy afternoon which is a good thing.

I put a lot of time into shooting my bow, a lot of time into understanding and learning about the animal I am after,and then a lot of time in the woods.  

Every now and then all the dots connect  and the picture becomes complete.

Good Shooting,
                                                 Craig

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2014, 01:10:00 PM »
Karma can take a lot of forms, mystical, spiritual, and just plain physical.  

If I feel especially good today, and because of that I am more alert, and more able to recognize and pull off a situation in my favor, I can feel like karma played a role.  Why not ?

Lots of times I made last minute changes to my routine, or to what I was planning, only to walk right into a favorable situation.  Karma ?  Luck ?  a feeling ?   Whatever.  I will call it whatever I want to.

enjoy
ChuckC

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2014, 04:42:00 PM »
Johns so many of the "old ways" are not "listened" to by most. we ( I ) believe in what has happened to me and what works for me, this i can tell you is %100 true as regards to karma and and what many call the 6th sense. now with that being said i have not killed a deer with a bow yet! i am relating towards my relationship and views with nature as a whole.
I go by many names but Daddy is my favorite!
listen to everyone,FOLLOW NO ONE!!
if your lucky enough to spend time in the mountains...then your lucky enough!
What ever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth.

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2014, 10:38:00 AM »
I want to believe and used to believe.  I carry trinkets and animal parts and whatever else that bring me luck. Yet they do not seem to always do so.

Perhaps I am getting skeptical and Cynical in my old age but think it comes down to skill and luck. I still try to act in a respectful manner to the land, game and persons I meet.  

I see way too many people kill animals who shouldn't "deserve" them when it comes to Karma. Hence the reason I question the existence anymore.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2014, 09:28:00 PM »
Nope.  No such thing as an impersonal force we get to manipulate.
If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat? ~anon

Bears can attack people- although fewer people have been killed by bears than in all WWI and WWII combined.

Offline kill shot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2014, 11:24:00 PM »
I believe a positive attitude is good karma. Take it with you wherever you go.

Offline Stephengiles

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2014, 01:28:00 AM »
Karma... I don't know,but I hear nose-jammer and corn works for a lot of people.   Sorry,couldn't help myself.   :goldtooth:

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2014, 10:30:00 AM »
You know me John..... That about speaks for it's self.

All I can say is... It works for me!
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©