3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: SBD Nock Fit?  (Read 631 times)

Offline CoachBGriff

• Trad Bowhunter
SBD Nock Fit?
« on: September 11, 2014, 11:08:00 PM »
I've searched here on PowWow, but I was hoping for some more specific answers.

Have any SBD string users had any issues with nock fit?  Does only 8 to 10 strands not make the string too skinny?  Sorry I'm a bit ignorant about these strings, but I need some new ones and have heard and read great things about these.
For we did not follow cleverly contrived myths when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ; instead, we were eyewitnesses of His majesty.
2 Peter 1:16

Offline Car54

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: SBD Nock Fit?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 12:02:00 AM »
I can just about bet ya that SBD can fit what ever nock you use.  just let him know what string  you want and what nock you are using.

Offline damascusdave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 01:22:00 AM »
I am always amazed when people ask questions like that here instead of simply asking the stringmaker...Pierre surely seems approachable and he is the one making the strings, and like any stringmaker is very aware of the fit required for various nocks...give Pierre a call...he is a businessman who knows talking to people about his product is simply good business practice

DDave
I set out a while ago to reduce my herd of 40 bows...And I am finally down to 42

Offline Flying Dutchman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 03:53:00 AM »
Times two! Pierre will do anything to deliver you a perfect string and his service is beyond this world.  I believe he has all nocks out there for fitting purposes so he will deliver you a perfect fit. Just contact him.
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that string! [/i]                            :rolleyes:              
Cari-bow Peregrine
Whippenstick Phoenix
Timberghost ordered
SBD strings on all, what else?

Online smokin joe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2014, 04:02:00 AM »
If you tell Pierre what nocks you use, he will custom serve your string for perfect nock fit. SBD strings are custom, high-performance strings. Talk to Pierre and he will take care of making your nock fit just right. He is a great guy who makes outstanding strings.
TGMM
Compton
PBS
Trad Gang Hall of Fame

Offline slowbowjoe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2014, 04:23:00 AM »
What nock do you shoot? Pierre will make a (very fine) custom string and serve it to fit your nock. A couple of sponsors here have SBD's on hand, but as I understand it they're served to fit a bit narrower nock.

Offline Yellow Dog

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2014, 05:21:00 AM »
I get my SBD strings from Tim at Braveheart. They are stock 8 strand strings and the serving fits a standard Gold Tip nock perfectly. I'm sure if you talked to Pierre he'd take care of your nock needs on any custom string he were to build for you.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Butchie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2014, 07:28:00 AM »
I have a 6 strand SBD string on my longbow and it fits my Bohning Classic nock perfectly.  In fact, when I first received it I though it was a little to tight for my liking.  Pierre had me send it back and he re-served it to fit perfectly.  Awesome string, awesome service!     :thumbsup:
"Don't worry about the old blind mule, just keep a load in the wagon!"

Offline stickandstring

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2014, 08:18:00 AM »
I use SBD strings on all my bows. I shoot wood, carbon and aluminum and all fit right.
Let it fly ->>------>

Offline Tique

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2014, 09:02:00 AM »
As far as I'm concerned, this IS the place to ask these kind of questions. Sure, you could call the maker but then only you would know the answer. With all the responses you received from people using SBD strings anyone else wondering the same thing also knows.

DAve
Untested ideas are not facts.

Offline DanielB89

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2014, 10:11:00 AM »
Originally posted by Tique:
As far as I'm concerned, this IS the place to ask these kind of questions. Sure, you could call the maker but then only you would know the answer. With all the responses you received from people using SBD strings anyone else wondering the same thing also knows.

DAve
Agree.

But to the question asked,
Pierre will tell you that, IF NOT SPECIFIED OTHER WISE, he serves to .110 which is basically a standard gold tip nock.

I do agree that we should ask the supplier on some products, but if we always did that, tradgang wouldn't be the place it is.  The best part about a,'virtual campfire', is hearing others opinions and sharing knowledge.
"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD And whose trust is the LORD. Jeremiah 17:7

"There is a way which seems right to a man,
But its end is the way of death."  Proverbs 14:12

Offline Cavscout9753

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2014, 10:40:00 AM »
Yep,answers my question for me. On my strings I always end up having to "serve" with thread where my nock goes because it's too skinny. Now I know 2 things, 1) I'll be getting an SBD string, and 2) I'll be calling to ensure my string fits my nock when I get it. Another tradgang success story.
ΙΧΘΥΣ

Offline ed cowden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2014, 11:02:00 AM »
Think about this. The archery industry has standards just like Ford or SAMMI for firearms. If you are shooting standard arrows with nocks that are standard then .114 plus or minus .004 is your standard diameter serving. Yes you can have strings made to fit tighter if you want. And you can also have the serving made a little big and custom fit the nocks yourself.

Offline Thumper_Too

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2014, 11:02:00 AM »
Just got two new SBD strings in yesterday.  He can make you whatever you could dream up.  But he's very busy so you better get your order in ASAP!

Offline term

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2014, 11:09:00 AM »
Tell him what nock you use and it will be perfect.
Still looking for something I might of forgot.

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2014, 12:19:00 PM »
The archery industry has standards just like Ford or SAMMI for firearms.
Not for nock fit.  The two most common seem to be .088 and .098, but there are smaller and larger--no "one size fits all", or even most.

Offline DennyK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2014, 01:45:00 PM »
When I order strings from Pierre, I send him the nock I'm using and let him take it from there. Never an issue with nock fit.
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Offline olddogrib

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2014, 07:38:00 PM »
I've always just listed my prefered nock on the order and have never had a poor fit yet.  If tou use an assortment nobody can be expected to make one size fit all.  I have not had good look putting lumpy things in letter sized envelopes and the USPS auto sortation equipment...I've heard from employees it's a Bermuda Triangle where letters end up shredded, never to be heard from again.
"Wakan Tanka
 Wakan Tanka
 Pilamaya
 Wichoni heh"

Offline Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2014, 07:42:00 PM »
my heritage stock arrow nocks fit fine and I still have to run a broadhead file thru the nocks about 4 times to get them where they barely stay on the string,,, think I told SBD I used heritage and he knew what to do.
"Us vs Them"

Offline Fletcher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2014, 10:53:00 PM »
I told Pierre I was using 5/16 Bohning Classics and he hit the fit spot on.
Good judgement comes from experience.  Experience comes from bad judgement.

"The next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing."

"An archer doesn't have to be a bowhunter, but a bowhunter should be an archer."

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©