3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: I've got a noisy Bear Super Griz....any help/advice?  (Read 734 times)

Offline BWallace10327

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: I've got a noisy Bear Super Griz....any help/advice?
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2015, 09:24:00 PM »
Limb Savers placed at the fade outs will fix alot of noise/vibration issues.  They don't look really traditional, but they sure do work.
***$ Brent Wallace $***
NRA Life Time Member

Offline BigJim

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2015, 09:48:00 PM »
More than likely it is not the bow. Unfortunately too many people blame the bow for mis chosen arrows or tuning. Keep at it and you can make it quiet.
best of luck, BigJim
http://www.bigjimsbowcompany.com/      
I just try to live my life in a way that would have made my father proud.

Online smokin joe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2015, 08:35:00 AM »
A bow quiver that clamps on the limbs at or near the fade outs can really quiet a Grizzly down. Even the old Bear spring arm quivers can work. Some bows just have a noise that comes from the limbs and a quiver will act like limb savers. I recently "tamed" the noise out of an R/D bow with a two-piece quiver at the fade outs, and I had an old Grayling Grizzly that needed the same treatment. Once the quiver was on the old Grizzly it was nearly silent. Once it is quiet, a Grizzly is a great bow.
TGMM
Compton
PBS
Trad Gang Hall of Fame

Offline Gaff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2015, 09:39:00 AM »
Measure your string and call Allen Schafer.  (Tenring strings.com) He'll build you a string cheap and you'll be amazed at how quite the bow gets.
It will feel like a whole new bow.. You'll be blown away
----------------->>>>>>>
Jamie

Offline damascusdave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2015, 09:51:00 AM »
Allen makes good strings but I would be ordering a BCY-X string from Chad aka LBR (Champion Custom Bow Strings)...I shoot most of my BCY-X strings without silencers on my recurves...they are dead quiet...no stretch...nice soft string feel

DDave
I set out a while ago to reduce my herd of 40 bows...And I am finally down to 42

Online stagetek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2015, 10:44:00 AM »
Every Bear bow I own shoots better/quieter with the brace height over 8". Most at about 8 1/4".

Offline dbd870

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2015, 01:48:00 PM »
Originally posted by Gaff:
Measure your string and call Allen Schafer.  (Tenring strings.com) He'll build you a string cheap and you'll be amazed at how quite the bow gets.
It will feel like a whole new bow.. You'll be blown away
Get his silencers on it as well. That combo has definitely quieted th KMag down and the Grizzly is almost silent!
SWA Spyder

Offline SlowBowinMO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2015, 02:11:00 PM »
Originally posted by stagetek:
Every Bear bow I own shoots better/quieter with the brace height over 8". Most at about 8 1/4".
Most of what I would give for input has been mentioned but I'll add it again for emphasis.  I've never had an older Bear that was happy at anything below 8" brace and some of mine have settled at about 8 1/4".  That said, you'll never get that mass produced endless loop string acceptably quiet IMO.  A good string can and will make a dramatic difference.  I suggest a good Flemish dacron string, high performance materials I would not advise for that bow and they are often noisier anyway.
"Down-Log Blind at Misty River"

Offline Paul Cousineau

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2015, 10:05:00 PM »
Get a set of bow hush.
The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feast on the riches of the hunt. -Proverbs 12:27

Offline Stump73

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2015, 11:46:00 PM »
My Bear grizzly liked 8 1/4" braceheight. After you get the string and bow hush get some heavier points which will weaken your spine plus add weight to the arrow which will in turn quiet down the bow. Or get weaker spine arrows like some 1535 gts.
BigJim Thunderchild 54" 52# @ 28"
BigJim Thunderchild 56" 42# @ 28"

Online smokin joe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2015, 09:28:00 AM »
The post about Bear recurves and an 8" plus brace height is worth repeating. Between 8" and 8.75" you will find a spot where it will settle down, get more accurate, and vibrate less. I have even owned one that got close to 9" before it was happy.
TGMM
Compton
PBS
Trad Gang Hall of Fame

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©