3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Back Quiver VS Bow Quiver  (Read 1426 times)

Offline Miles Bate

• Trad Bowhunter
Back Quiver VS Bow Quiver
« on: September 16, 2014, 06:51:00 PM »
I absolutely love having a back quiver vs having a quiver on my bow. I want to know if anyone hunts with a back quiver besides me?
The reason I choose a back quiver over a bow quiver is that the arrows stay dry, they are well hidden from view and I can carry tools and extra sting in my quiver also. I also feel like they are better protected from fences , briars , drops. I do realize there are some draw backs.  I am curious of what all yall use and why?

IF yall are curious of what quiver I use I use a Safari Tuff  Arrowmaster. I really Like it a lot. Please Let Me Know I very curious
U.S ARMY M.P Retired 2011-2015

Assist, Protect, Defend

Black Dragon 61"  50lb
Samick Sage 50lb
Warf Hunter /******** BlackMax 50lb
Wing Nighthawk 35lb

Offline Gooserbat

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Back Quiver VS Bow Quiver
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 06:57:00 PM »
I use a bow quiver becaus I like having my arrows handy (at least for my style) and the extra weight just makes my bow more steady.
"Four fletch white feathers and 600 grains is a beautiful thing."

Online Gordon Jabben

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 07:40:00 PM »
Yes, if the back quiver fits well, it is hard to beat. I would really hate to go back to a bow quiver.

Offline Doug_K

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 09:23:00 PM »
I started using a Hill back quiver late last season. No complaints so far, except it's hard to avoid a little rattle when I take it off in the stand.
60" W&W Black Wolf 55#
64" Bamabows Hunter 52#
60" Bamabows Expedition III 52#
70" Bamabows Hunter 55#
60" A.D.M Earth 63#

Offline dbd870

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2014, 09:29:00 PM »
I tried my daughter's back quiver last fall and found it in the way in the stand. If I didn't stand hunt I would be interested. I'm using a bow quiver.
SWA Spyder

Offline skunkhound

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 09:38:00 PM »
Tried a back quiver for 3D over the summer, but I doubt I'd ever hunt with one. Having my arrows mounted to my bow just makes way too much sense. When it comes to hunting, I've already got a daypack and usually a climber on my back. If I need a second shot, there couldn't be a better place to have my arrows than right on my bow. I do like the look and nostalgia of the back quiver though, just impractical for the kind of hunting I do.

Offline Red Beastmaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2014, 09:55:00 PM »
I start every deer season with a back or hip quiver but always end up with a bow quiver. As much as I dislike the extra weight, having the arrows right there in front of you is just so convenient.
There is no great fun, satisfaction, or joy derived from doing something that's easy.  Coach John Wooden

Offline Caughtandhobble

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 10:01:00 PM »
I have chosen to use a back quiver even though 2012 my first traditional hunting year I used a bow quiver on my Journeyman Recurve with good success.

I like the back quiver better mainly because it is quieter than the bow quiver (if left on bow) in my experience. The back quiver that I use was made by Bud B. for the St Jude 2013 auction. Bud's quiver showed up at my house with some serious mojo built in it. Bud was nice enough to custom build for me so I can carry all that I need to hunt with. The back quiver from Bud will likely out live me, it's very well made. Thanks Bud!!!

Here's a picture of my awesome quiver that Bud made me. It's not that pretty anymore.  :)

Offline Wannabe1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • TGMM Family of the Bow
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2014, 10:01:00 PM »
I love back quivers but, this year, I am carrying a day pack and that makes a back quiver a little difficult. Bow quiver for me this year.
Desert Shield/Storm, Somalia and IOF Veteran
"The Mountains are calling and, I must go!" John Muir

Offline reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2014, 10:05:00 PM »
I love my Safari Tuff but hate the traditional Hill style back quiver. I'm amused at my shooting companions at 3-D shoots doing those contortions trying to get arrows into and out of their back quivers. Recently heard a lady say to her husband "Honey, please help me put these arrows away."
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA
Mayberry Archers

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2014, 10:17:00 PM »
They need to learn how to use one.  I used one today for deer from the ground.  But, I like  others a bit better for deer.  I love a back quiver full of arrows for skwerl !
ChuckC

Offline Marshallrobinson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2014, 10:45:00 PM »
I love my back quiver. I tried bow quivers for many years before ditching them all.

Offline TradBrewSC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2014, 07:37:00 AM »
I use a bow quiver for ease of access and mass weight, as I float way to much without one.

Offline Wandering Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2014, 09:38:00 AM »
I haven't done any trad hunting yet, but I'm hoping to soon. I usually use a back quiver for 3D, but I'll probably steal my wife's side quiver if I ever get out for a hunt.
"Her" quiver was actually my first quiver, before I made myself a back quiver. I still like hers better. It doesn't get in the way like a back quiver, and arrows are easy to access, and you can even store a water bottle in it.

Untitled  by  stingray4540 , on Flickr

Don't tell her I used one of her pregnancy pics...

Offline mike g

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2014, 10:16:00 AM »
If you can't reach your arrows in your back Quiver, then it's not designed right....
    If you can reach back to your ear you can use one of mine....
    Like any piece of gear, they have to be made right...
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline brianbfree

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2014, 10:18:00 AM »
I just got my new back quiver from Art Vincent At Cedar Ridge and I am thinking of hunting with it out of the box it fit perfect and no mater how I jumped the arrows were quiet and when I bent over I couldn't make an arrow fall out so I think I will give it a try.
DH Super Diablo         60#@28
DH Ventura              60#@28
BP Lord Mercury         40#@28
Golden Sovereign Knight 65#@28
BP  Mercury Hunter      65#@28

Brian Beery

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2014, 01:34:00 PM »
The first time that I used a bow quiver I vowed not to do that again. It was a large 6 arrow quiver that threw the bow out of balance and caused the arrow to go left of target. About 8 years ago I discovered the 3 arrow Mini quiver and had to try it. There was no noticeable change in the balance of the bow nor the way it shot. I was sold on it. Now we make a whole range of bow quivers...,from 3 arrow to 6 arrow, and they all behave well on the bow.

An added advantage to using a bow quiver is that it can actually improve how a light weight bow shoots and can sometimes help quiet down a noisy bow. It's also very convenient to have the arrows so close at hand in a hunting situation.

Online two4hooking

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2014, 01:48:00 PM »
Back quiver!  Nothing is faster once you get proficient with it.

http://traditionalknowhow.blogspot.com/

Offline bigbadjon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2014, 03:44:00 PM »
I used to hate bow quivers but now profess them. Especially with choices like a Tight Spot are so adjustable and fit so close to the bow that it doesn't torque the bow so much.
Hoyt Tiburon 55#@28 64in
A&H ACS CX 61#@28in 68in (rip 8/3/14)

Offline UrbanArcher1975

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2014, 04:01:00 PM »
This year I'm trying a Great Northern side quiver (sidekick). I looked around a lot and I really liked this one.  I got it and loaded it with broad heads and a blunt and it seems great so far.  I'll let ya know how it functions in the forest after this weekend.
Bear Montana 55#

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©