3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Timberghost and Hill Country comparison?  (Read 372 times)

Offline Moots

• Trad Bowhunter
Timberghost and Hill Country comparison?
« on: September 16, 2014, 09:58:00 PM »
Hi,

I have never shot Timberghost or Hill Country bows, but have heard good things about each.

Timberghost and Hill Country bows have similar lines to my eye -- both the three-piece of each make and now the new Timberghost Apparition and the Hill Country Harvest Master.  

Has anyone owned and or shot both a Timberghost and a Hill Country?  How do these bows compare, and what do you like best?

Thanks,
Moots

Offline brbowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Timberghost and Hill Country comparison?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 09:11:00 AM »
Not sure you'll get many comparisons.  I have never shot a hill country but do own a timberghost.  I have shot a quite a few bows and I have to say that I shoot the Kent's Timberghost smoke better than any.... Fine bows...
In search of the perfect tree...

Offline nineworlds9

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Northman
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 10:05:00 AM »
:campfire:
52" Texas Recurve
58" Two Tracks Ogemaw
60" Toelke Chinook
62" Tall Tines Stickflinger
64" Big Jim Mountain Monarch
64" Poison Dart LB
66" Wes Wallace Royal

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Offline ed cowden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 11:54:00 AM »
I am waiting on a Hill Country Wildcat longbow. I have shot both makers longbows, but not eithers static recurves. They will put recurve or longbow on the same riser. The Hill Country has a different shaped riser than the TimberGhost. They both are very well designed and each maker is top quality craftsmanship. I draw close to 30" with this type of grip bow. Both will not stack and point very well. No shock at all and very smooth and vibration free. I would say it is going to have to be a personal thing as far as liking one more than the other. There just isn't anything wrong with either. One may weight more or can be shorter for your draw than the other, but you would have to work that out with the bowyer. I know Kent will use carbon in his longbow limbs and Roman will but only if you demand it. I don't know if Roman will make a all phenolic riser but he is using Diamond wood on mine to add a little weight. You can get custom woods from both and each will build a bow just the way you want it. Buy both and have some fun!!

Offline Moots

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2014, 07:51:00 PM »
Very good information.  Thank you.  I would love to hear more.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©