3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Anyone interested in hunting hogs in Louisiana? 15 Confirmed. Full.  (Read 1222 times)

Offline DanielB89

• Trad Bowhunter
Where we hunt in Louisiana is getting completely ran over with hogs.  Every february(squirrel season), we chase those hogs for the entire month.  I am opening an invitation to anyone who would want to come down and hunt with us.  We have a camping area, water, electricity, and plenty of room for tents.  

This will be on public land, so you will have to purchase a 3 day license or so, but no other fees.  Free camping, free hunting, and a great camp fire!

No baiting is allowed, and there is only about 50,000 acres for us to hunt.  I have already killed 9 this year(in the last month) and saw close to 20 in 2 trips.  

IF anyone is interested, reply or pm me.  I want to make this happen!

****INFO I LEFT OUT****

The place we will be hunting is called Boeuf WMA(pronounced Bef) with the camping area near 1384 Horseshoe Lake Road Columbia, La 71418.  

We own 25 acres that butts up to the WMA, so all hunting land is within walking distance.  The hog numbers have been getting crazy.  3 years ago, I saw a lot of sign, but no hogs.  Last year we killed 10 and I know that I personally saw over 100.  I saw over 50 in one group.  In 2 trips scouting this year I have seen 8 in one group, 6 in another group, and 7 in another group.  All in different areas, all different pigs as 2 of the encounters were on the same day.  I am confident that we will have no problem FINDING the pigs, the problem will be killing them.  

There is a variety of terrain you have to choose from.  Creeks, thickets, big woods, oak flats, low lands, ridges, whatever you desire and I will do my very best to help in anyway possible.  We also have a variety of options for you as entering the WMA.  Boat, atv, truck, feet.  

No matter what, we will have a blast, eat good, and on saturday night we will have a little devotional time and give thanks to the lord for His beautiful creation.  

There are also fishing opportunities, if you wish, as the land butts up to a lake also.  A great perch lake i might add.

I will take up to 15 people, but have to cut it off at that.  

Prepare to sleep in a tent.  If something is available, i will let you know.  

Usually in LA at this time, It is pretty cold, but we will discuss all that at a later date.  

The projected date at this time is February 6th,7th, and 8th.  

**again, if this doesn't work for you, let me know now so we can see what works best for you.  

IF YOU WANT TO CONFIRM YOUR SPOT, I NEED YOUR NAME, EMAIL ADDRESS AND A PHONE NUMBER I CAN CONTACT YOU WITH.

**********IMPORTANT********
To anyone born AFTER Sept 1, 1969, you will have to have completed and show proof of completing a Hunters Safety course.
"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD And whose trust is the LORD. Jeremiah 17:7

"There is a way which seems right to a man,
But its end is the way of death."  Proverbs 14:12

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Anyone interested in hunting hogs in Louisiana? 15 Confirmed. Full.
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 11:15:00 PM »
I lived in Bossier City for a while. Would love to come down but will have to study on this. It's about a 20 hour drive for me. I'm sure it'll be a great time. Good of you to offer it up.
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 11:22:00 PM »
31 years ago it was a 20 hour trip to Bossier. Looking at a map it might be about 13 now to Monroe. Might have to give this some serious thought.

Thanks again for the offer.
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline fnshtr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 11:24:00 PM »
Daniel,
I pm'd you.
56" Kempf Kwyk Styk 50@28
54" Java Man Elkheart 50@28
WVBA Member
1 John 3:1

Offline awbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2014, 06:33:00 AM »
If we can get a crew, I'll go up there Daniel.  I'm in Lafayette
62" Super D, 47#s @ 25-1/2"
58" TS Mag, 53#s @ 26"
56" Bighorn, 46#s @ 26.5"

Offline Pete McMiller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2014, 07:45:00 AM »
PM'd you Daniel.
Pete
WTA
CTAS
PBS

Charter member - Ye Old F.A.R.T.S and Elkaholics Anonymous

MOLON LABE  [mo 'lon  la 've]

"That human optimism & goodness that we put our faith in, is in no more danger than the stars in the jaws of the clouds." ............Victor Hugo

Offline Stump73

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2014, 07:52:00 AM »
What are the dates your wanting to do it? Also how much are licence?
BigJim Thunderchild 54" 52# @ 28"
BigJim Thunderchild 56" 42# @ 28"

Offline DanielB89

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2014, 09:02:00 AM »
http://www.wlf.louisiana.gov/licenses/hunting-licenses

Here is a link to the cost of a license.  It looks like it will be right about $100.  

Since this is in squirrel season, you can legally hunt squirrels with bows here, you only have to buy a small game license.

Since this is on a WMA, you will have to buy a preserve permit which is $15.

I am not 100% set on a date yet, as I will cater to what you guys would like to do.  My only desire is, I would like to get everyone there the same weekend(friday, saturday, sunday)
"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD And whose trust is the LORD. Jeremiah 17:7

Offline DanielB89

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2014, 09:14:00 AM »
If anyone interested has any plans for february that you already know of, let me know and we can try to take that weekend out of the options.

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2014, 09:16:00 AM »
wow, nice offer.  Sounds like a great time is gonna happen.  I am already booked on a big drive trip in early March or I would be very interested.

Maybe if you do this again next year ? (hint hint)

Thanks for the offer
ChuckC

Offline DanielB89

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2014, 09:16:00 AM »
Originally posted by awbowman:
If we can get a crew, I'll go up there Daniel.  I'm in Lafayette
Since you are so close, you are welcome anytime!  

Do you know Stephen Raggio?  He also lives in Lafayette and hunts with us.  I think last year we killed 13 deer and about 10 hogs between 4 us us.  We missed far more opportunities than that while pursuing the pigs though..

Offline LESKEN2011

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2014, 09:20:00 AM »
Sounds like a fun time, Daniel. I am just over 100 miles from you and February is nice and cool. I will send you an email.
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

Kenny from Mississippi, USA

Offline Pete McMiller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2014, 09:31:00 AM »
Daniel,

I'm tied up the last two weeks of February but the weekend of Feb 6-7-8 is wide open.
Pete
WTA
CTAS
PBS

Charter member - Ye Old F.A.R.T.S and Elkaholics Anonymous

MOLON LABE  [mo 'lon  la 've]

"That human optimism & goodness that we put our faith in, is in no more danger than the stars in the jaws of the clouds." ............Victor Hugo

Offline DanielB89

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2014, 10:25:00 AM »
Originally posted by ChuckC:
wow, nice offer.  Sounds like a great time is gonna happen.  I am already booked on a big drive trip in early March or I would be very interested.

Maybe if you do this again next year ? (hint hint)

Thanks for the offer
ChuckC
Chuck,
should things turn out like I hope, this will be the 1st ANNUAL, with many more to come!  People are already paying $$ and driving hours to hunt.  Why not pay nothing and drive hours?!?! lol.  

The good news is, the hog population is going crazy here.  Each annual hunt should get better and better!!

Offline Bill Turner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2014, 10:26:00 AM »
I would definitely be interested in joining you on this hunt. With luck, I might be able to get "Ric O'Shay" to tag along as well. Additional info would be helpful regarding location(driving time). We would be coming out of the Dallas, TX area.   :campfire:

Offline DanielB89

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2014, 10:27:00 AM »
Originally posted by Pete McMiller:
Daniel,

I'm tied up the last two weeks of February but the weekend of Feb 6-7-8 is wide open.
Pete,

We will tentatively plan for this weekend.  If more people have plans this weekend than others, we may have to move it.  I want to do whats best for everyone.  When i get the final list compiled, I will individually message everyone and get some more details.  As of right now, I have 5 people who said they can make it and about that many who are interested.  

I am not dead set on taking 10, so if we can get 15, come on!  The more the merrier!!

Offline DanielB89

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2014, 10:31:00 AM »
Originally posted by Bill Turner:
I would definitely be interested in joining you on this hunt. With luck, I might be able to get "Ric O'Shay" to tag along as well. Additional info would be helpful regarding location(driving time). We would be coming out of the Dallas, TX area.    :campfire:  
Bill,
i have relatives that live in Wylie.  It takes up less than 5 hrs to get there.. If you are for sure interested, message me and I will put you down.

Offline Stump73

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2014, 10:37:00 AM »
Pm sent
BigJim Thunderchild 54" 52# @ 28"
BigJim Thunderchild 56" 42# @ 28"

Offline suburbanirma

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2014, 12:15:00 PM »
Sounds like a great adventure. I'm very interested in joining the group. Tom

Offline fnshtr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2014, 12:19:00 PM »
PM sent.
Wayne Boone
56" Kempf Kwyk Styk 50@28
54" Java Man Elkheart 50@28
WVBA Member
1 John 3:1

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©