3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Good Luck NY Bowhunters!  (Read 34249 times)

Offline Sockrsblur

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Lake Placid Ironman Triathlete 2011, 2012, 2018
Re: Good Luck NY Bowhunters!
« Reply #380 on: November 03, 2014, 09:55:00 AM »
:campfire:  

Drag him home Bob!
TGMM Family of the Bow
"Hunt Hard!" Uncle Bud
PBS Member

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #381 on: November 03, 2014, 11:07:00 AM »
Mr. Brown will tell the story   :thumbsup:

Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #382 on: November 03, 2014, 11:08:00 AM »
Mr. Brown will tell the story.

« Reply #383 on: November 03, 2014, 11:32:00 AM »
OH BOY!

Offline Sockrsblur

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Lake Placid Ironman Triathlete 2011, 2012, 2018
« Reply #384 on: November 03, 2014, 11:38:00 AM »
Nice buck! That one deservers a double post  :)
TGMM Family of the Bow
"Hunt Hard!" Uncle Bud
PBS Member

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #385 on: November 03, 2014, 11:46:00 AM »
Awesome! Mr. Brown is hell on those western NY bucks.

Online Bowsey Wails

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Timmy P
« Reply #386 on: November 03, 2014, 12:35:00 PM »
Hey, that looks like last year's mount! Where's the part you eat? Just kidding, nice deer.
Tim
"I use no device to direct my arrow towards its mark, save my eyes and my will." Anthony Camera, aka Viper.
I'm not old school, I'm one room school house.

Online 1/4 away

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #387 on: November 03, 2014, 12:41:00 PM »
Way to go Bob! Can't wait to hear the story.
Do not follow where the path may lead.  Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail.

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #388 on: November 03, 2014, 12:51:00 PM »
Originally posted by Sockrsblur:
Nice buck! That one deservers a double post   :)  
Sorry I double tapped the mouse   :bigsmyl:

Offline swampbow2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #389 on: November 03, 2014, 12:52:00 PM »
I love a story with a happy ending. I hope your not showing the head because the coyotes beat you to the rest..

Offline Knawbone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #390 on: November 03, 2014, 02:38:00 PM »
Ye HA! Way to go Bob. Looks like the one I saw this morning that I couldn't get a good shot at. Give us the details bro.   :campfire:
HHA 5 lam Cheetah 65" 48@26
HHA W Special 66" 52@26
HHA W Special 68" 56@28
GN Bushbow 64" 56@29
21st Street Chinook 64" 58@28
Kota Prarie Nomad 60" 47@24
You can do a lot of things when you have too W S Butler My Grandfather

Offline Wapiti Chaser

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #391 on: November 03, 2014, 03:14:00 PM »
Well the tracker came over at 8 this morning. We discussed the shot and looked at the arrow and hair. We got up to the start of the trail and that wire haired dog put his nose down and went to work on the trail. When we got to the last spot of blood I found yesterday the dog went straight about forty yards then took a hard right crossed the creek and up a cliff that is so steep not to mention thick that you have belly crawl up, at this point the tracker wasn't sure about the trail and started back down the lane which crosses the creek 30 yards further down the creek while I was searching for blood along the creek. In a matter of seconds the tracker yelled I have him ! I thought he had found blood but the dog went back to the creek and found the deer in a big popular tree that fell down. Unfortunately the coyotes found him before we did and really did a number on him. All I could save was the neck meat. I was within 20 feet of the deer when I called the tracker yesterday. I feel like two or three more steps and I would have found him. The tracker said he was surely a 3.5 year old deer and commended my tracking him that far and said I had done the right thing backing out no being certain of the hit. This beautiful animal deserved a better death and I hope he was dead when the coyotes found him. I know I did everything possible and that along with encouragement some fellow gangers have given has eased my mind some. I filled out my tag and will do everything in my power to never feed the coyotes again. Here is to the greatest game animal the whitetail.
" Take a kid bowhunting"
New York Bowhunters BOD
PBS Member

Offline longrifle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #392 on: November 03, 2014, 03:24:00 PM »
Your a good hunter and sportsman Bob, it happens and you did everything right that you should have it just stinks the Yotes got to him first.
He's a nice buck.
The human body is the only machine the harder you work it, the stronger it gets.
"Aim small- Hit small" ( I never think negative)

Offline longrifle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #393 on: November 03, 2014, 03:25:00 PM »
OK so that leaves Jim C and myself , come on we just need a chance.
The human body is the only machine the harder you work it, the stronger it gets.
"Aim small- Hit small" ( I never think negative)

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #394 on: November 03, 2014, 03:55:00 PM »
Off to the bow only zone near Albany in the AM. I think I'm changing bows to see if my luck can change. As far as luck.......if I ever had any.....lol!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Knawbone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #395 on: November 03, 2014, 04:05:00 PM »
Ditto on what Gerald said Bob. Iv' lost deer before and never found them....it happens. Congrats on a beautiful animal.
HHA W Special 66" 52@26
HHA W Special 68" 56@28
GN Bushbow 64" 56@29

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #396 on: November 03, 2014, 04:25:00 PM »
Sorry for your lost meat Bob. He's an awesome buck none the less and as you know it happens to anyone shooting arrows at deer sooner or later.

Offline nashoba

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #397 on: November 03, 2014, 04:28:00 PM »
Bob I know we talked earlier on the phone but bowhunting is not an exact science your odds are more than likely stacked against you when you are trying to kill an animal with a bow . Unfortunately losses do occur its all part of the game nobody wants it to happen but if you shoot at enough animals it eventually will just know that you did everything right. Sometimes success and failure are measured in fractions of an inch just like we talked on the phone that deer could have ducked or jumped the string but without slow motion replay its hard to say. I know the ones that I have lost still haunt me so the best advice I can give you is put it out of your mind for now and keep hunting the does.

Offline Knawbone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #398 on: November 03, 2014, 04:32:00 PM »
Man, best of luck Ron, we can never have enough speedies.LOL Hope you get two or three.Best of luck my friend!!   :thumbsup:
HHA W Special 66" 52@26
HHA W Special 68" 56@28
GN Bushbow 64" 56@29

Offline vintage-bears

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #399 on: November 03, 2014, 04:54:00 PM »
Originally posted by Wapiti Chaser:
Well the tracker came over at 8 this morning. We discussed the shot and looked at the arrow and hair. We got up to the start of the trail and that wire haired dog put his nose down and went to work on the trail. When we got to the last spot of blood I found yesterday the dog went straight about forty yards then took a hard right crossed the creek and up a cliff that is so steep not to mention thick that you have belly crawl up, at this point the tracker wasn't sure about the trail and started back down the lane which crosses the creek 30 yards further down the creek while I was searching for blood along the creek. In a matter of seconds the tracker yelled I have him ! I thought he had found blood but the dog went back to the creek and found the deer in a big popular tree that fell down. Unfortunately the coyotes found him before we did and really did a number on him. All I could save was the neck meat. I was within 20 feet of the deer when I called the tracker yesterday. I feel like two or three more steps and I would have found him. The tracker said he was surely a 3.5 year old deer and commended my tracking him that far and said I had done the right thing backing out no being certain of the hit. This beautiful animal deserved a better death and I hope he was dead when the coyotes found him. I know I did everything possible and that along with encouragement some fellow gangers have given has eased my mind some. I filled out my tag and will do everything in my power to never feed the coyotes again. Here is to the greatest game animal the whitetail.
Congratulations and well done!
We do the best we can and the coyotes do too
"In the wind, He's still alive"
TGMM Family of the bow
New York Bowhunters

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©