3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: So, apparently I DONT hate r/d longbows  (Read 689 times)

Offline snowplow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: So, apparently I DONT hate r/d longbows
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2014, 11:42:00 AM »
Cool thanks! I'll check them out!

Offline Randy Koleno

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2014, 11:59:00 AM »
I just picked up a used Big Jim's Take-Down Thunderchild. It's 54" I draw 27.5 with it. I've not noticed any finger pinch or stacking. I draw 3 under.

It seems like a good, solid bow. I plan on using it for Pa's opening day on 10-4.

He makes a 56" and maybe a 58" version also. Check his web-site, He may have something in stock.

Offline mooseman76

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2014, 12:28:00 PM »
I have a 58" chinook. Love the bow. Quiet, fast, accurate. I like it so much that, I can't believe I'm saying this, it is replacing the 64" classic whip as my favorite bow!!!  I have. 30" draw and the 58" is just fine at that length. Faster than the whip and almost as quiet. The shorter length is what is making it my #1 hunting bow. They don't look too shabby either.  58" 51#@28" (drawn to 30"). Zircote riser and bocote limb veneers.

Offline gringol

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2014, 12:29:00 PM »
I have a 58" big Jim thunderchild.  I draw 29" and the bow has plenty more draw to give.  It is dead silent and shoots right where  you look.  It is very light in the hand, which I like.  Jim does let you do test drives if he has something in stock.  The TC is shorter than the buffalo.

Offline Slasher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2014, 01:09:00 PM »
I have two whips.. One I ordered... the next I bought on the classifieds years ago...

The grip alone is enough to order a Toelke... It is everything a bow should be and nothing else... a less is more type approach... I am biased... but I doubt you'll be disapponted
Expect the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes.
                                        ~Zig Ziglar~

Offline Moots

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2014, 05:23:00 PM »
I've owned Toelke and Leon Stewart longbows. Both are very fine bows, but no longer at the top of my list.  I'm interested in Heartland, Hill Country, and Timber Ghost longbows with forward risers -- even greater performance and even less hand shock.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©