3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Pittsburg Intl Airport-deer hunting  (Read 369 times)

Offline Roadkill

• Trad Bowhunter
Pittsburg Intl Airport-deer hunting
« on: September 24, 2014, 03:19:00 PM »
Just saw the airport is having a lottery for deer on airport grounds-bow only.  My airport has a few coyotes, but the previous airport i managed had a deer migration route thru part of it and a lone buck antelope used to stay in my fence.  He liked the safety.
Go get your name on the list, but expect to have a mandatory class for airport rules.  Airports have waaay too many rules, but everyone on the airport gets to go to a class/
Cast a long shadow-you may provide shade to someone who needs it.  Semper Fi

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Pittsburg Intl Airport-deer hunting
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 03:57:00 PM »
But I bet that those hunting have a really good chance at a nice buck, if bucks are allowed (maybe doe first, or only ?).  

I can't imaging them reacting too much to sound, especially if you wait for an F-16 to be taking off before you draw.

ChuckC

Offline cuboodle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 04:01:00 PM »
I put in for this last year but didn't get drawn. The caveat is they let you hunt across the road (376) from the airport not where the deer herd is seen and big 150 inches hang out. It's still a decent spot but not as good as it sounds

Offline Jayrod

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 04:16:00 PM »
Yeah guys,I live here and work beside airport it's kinda a joke with how they do there management it's not where the fenced in area is like everyone thinks and last yr they allowed 153 hunters to hunt QUOTE just allegheny airport authority property being certain areas  on a map they give you and 1800 acres they only harvested 23 deer from what I hear and tonight's the lottery for this yr and the opening day is the 4th of October for us so not much time for scouting in my opinion which now the airport has Gaswell drilling on it so there's limited places and  only offering 800 acres and issuing 100 permits ...so the end result being it's not all what it's cracked up to be and makes me sick cause they send snipers in to hunt  and shoot the deer off the runways with rifles.Again this is just my opinion but there going about this the wrong way!!
NRA Life member

Compton traditional bowhunter member

Offline JamesV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2014, 11:36:00 PM »
I think they should close the air-port and let us bow hunt until it is safe for the planes to return.
Proud supporter of Catch a Dream Foundation
-----------------------------------
When you are having a bad day always remember: Everyone suffers at their own level.

Offline Jayrod

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2014, 06:12:00 AM »
Originally posted by JamesV:
I think they should close the air-port and let us bow hunt until it is safe for the planes to return.
:laughing:  :dunno:
NRA Life member

Compton traditional bowhunter member

Offline Possum Head

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2014, 06:23:00 AM »
Originally posted by JamesV:
That is funny but realistic let them take care of the planes and let T/G do the ground traffic controlling!

Offline Roadkill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2014, 08:52:00 AM »
I do not know that airport's layout, just read the notice on the automatic notices all airports get.  Thought someone there might need a place to go.

Be eve it or not, all airports are required to have wildlife management programs.  We have a USDA guy on the airport taking care of problem animals almost daily.  We have no deer on the airport.

Offline Roadkill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2014, 12:55:00 AM »
I do not know that airport's layout, just read the notice on the automatic notices all airports get.  Thought someone there might need a place to go.

Be eve it or not, all airports are required to have wildlife management programs.  We have a USDA guy on the airport taking care of problem animals almost daily.  We have no deer on the airport.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©