3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Naked or Not?  (Read 946 times)

Offline AkDan

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Naked or Not?
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2014, 02:47:00 AM »
if you want a simple cheap quiver that really works extremely well.  

Either find a GN longbow quiver or an old style bear bow quiver one piece.

For the bear (or similar) drill a hole in the top of the hood a bit in from the edge enough you don't break it.   You can drill or tie off by the clip end either or depending on what quiver you use.  Run some 550 cord through the hole and knot it in the hood, or run two holes and knot back on the outside.  Same thing on the clip end, either tie off or run through the hole and than knot/tie off.  Sling like a side quiver (Lakota style).

Great northern I wont drill but find if its a strap on I don't need too.  Its great for traveling btw for you no bow quiver types!  A hunk of 550 cord tied to the strap bracket end on the hood side and I clove hitch before the clip side, keep a long tag and tie it to the clip bracket end...nothing fancy here, it keeps the clove hitch from sliding up towards the hood.

It wont sit flat hanging on a wall, but it will sit flat when you wear it. Its SUPER light!  If you travel this is the cats meow imho!   And easily swaps back over to a strap on quiver just remove the cord..so if you use this quiver and break a strap on a travel hunt, here's your backup.  It works extremely well!  

If you go with a quiver like this, and you are crawling, you may want to add another leg with a clip (think black widow back quiver made by neet I believe).   adjust the leg so it keeps the quiver running down your back...get on your belly, pull the quiver back and clip on keeping it somewhat in place.  It's not perfect but it does with a little tweaking and some moderate thinking work extremely well.  I tied off this style and really liked it, though I think a clip of some kind would be MUCH better (faster) for a hunting scenario.    

Its generally easy to come across a cheap quiver when you're away from home.  This is a simple way to either use what you have or find a cheap quiver and make it work.  You may, as I have, found a side quiver (Lakota style) is about as perfect as perfect can get in designs.   Someday I'll make a real side quiver, until then, my chief and GN get the nods!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©