3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Woodie Love, thx 2 St. Jude!  (Read 176 times)

Offline JMSmithy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Woodie Love, thx 2 St. Jude!
« on: September 28, 2014, 10:04:00 AM »
Not sure where this should be posted but here goes...

Been Bowhunting since 12 y/o, now 47.  Started w/ compounds (anybody remember the Black Bear??). Recently moved to Trad (starting my 4th season) as Ive fallen in love with the grace, simplicity etc.  Always shot carbons however, since my move from aluminum many moons ago....been inquisitive and enamored with the ideas of woodies however, the lore, quietness etc.  Met one of many new, awesome Trad friends in this journey, especially our Uncle Jim from Indiana. W met at SqyaPan Mt. Outfitters in No. Maine, chasing Blackies around ( whole 'nother thread is necessary to say what an incredible experience Tony & Lynn Boucher give their hunters...they've become dear friends over the last few years).  Jimmy, I and my son Alex (who coined his name as Uncle Jim    :)   ) immediately became fast friends and he became our Trad mentor, albeit at long distance !  He started telling / showing the wonderful performance  of his handmade POC arrows.  I was hooked!

Wasn't until this year's St. Jude's Auction that I was able to put my desire into reality.  I was fortunate to bid and win dozen custom arrows from Joe Callahan at True North Arrows.  Joe spent enormous amount of time fielding my questions, explaining etc.  When he set me straight, understood my wishes he went to work and little while later dozen SPECTACULAR works of art appeared on my doorstep....he took the liberty of tipping 1/2 doz with 145g field points and 145g Eclipse broadheads...an unexpected treat....the arrows perfectly matched my birdseye maple Widow PCHX.  looked great but the performance was mind blowing....

Within a day first time shooting woods and MAN, am I smitten!!! Unreal the beauty, the quality and the performance. Remarkably quiet....now I'm really torn as I'm comfortable and shoot well with carbons all these years but shooting these woodies last few days I'm putting them in as good or better groups, quieter and doing it from 2 different ( though not remarkably so - Widow PCHX and KBX) bows!

This sure is fun !!!!    :clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:

Thank you Joe, Uncle Jim, Tony & Lynn and, especially St. Jude and good folks here on TradGang and throughout our Trad world....
" If you don't stand for something, you stand for nothing " - Me
TGMM Family of the Bow
Life Member UBNJ, NRA, SCI, TU, NAHC, SCI Chapter No American Handgun  Hunter Chapter, RGS

Online Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Woodie Love, thx 2 St. Jude!
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 10:55:00 AM »
:thumbsup:
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline elkken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 12:28:00 PM »
Can't beat that St Jude mojo either ... how about some pics of those babies    :thumbsup:
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline JMSmithy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2014, 06:26:00 AM »
Love to but haven't got the slightest idea how...   :knothead:
" If you don't stand for something, you stand for nothing " - Me
TGMM Family of the Bow
Life Member UBNJ, NRA, SCI, TU, NAHC, SCI Chapter No American Handgun  Hunter Chapter, RGS

Offline Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 09:58:00 AM »
Gotta love wood arrows.  Getting through St. Jude's is just icing on the cake.
Tradgang Charter Member #35

Offline Cavscout9753

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2014, 02:18:00 PM »
Love wood! Careful, the rabbit hole is deep. Building them is twice as fun!
ΙΧΘΥΣ

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©