3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Sasquatch SS in the house  (Read 437 times)

Offline katman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Sasquatch SS in the house
« on: September 29, 2014, 05:00:00 PM »
Just received my new Sasquatch SS from Kirk at Bigfoot bows and wanted to share with the gang. She is 60" [email protected], beautiful bocote riser, G-10 Ibeam, and  bocote cap wraps, black glass and flush phenolic limb bolt overlay. Riser is cut 1/8" past center. Static tips have a carbon inner layer and bocote on the belly.  Speed is not my number one thing to look for in a bow but when it all comes together in a stable shooter it is very nice. Hard to believe how stable, smooth and quick this bow is, not to mention quiet. Here is a quote from Kirk in one of the many emails we exchanged,

"I got the fine tuning done on your bow and the overlays are looking good. I filed in the string grooves and decided to run some arrows through her and see how it shoots..... Wow!  this one has got some snap to it, i'm thinking. She weighed in right at 52. 32# at 29.5" with a fingers hook on the tree. I decided to go run it through the chrono and see what she's got. I've got a ragged old shop string with Cat whiskers on it and put her on the shooting machine with a 493 grain arrow, and got 203 fps out of it....that's 9.48 gpp bro.... I think we got us a winner here and you should be pleased. Damn thing is smokin! ":

Kirk sent MANY pics during the build to keep me on the edge of the computer seat. He nailed the custom grip to perfection. After tuning an arrow to her she went hunting the next day, that is how confident I am with this bow. This is the second time a bow and I hit it off this well, the other was the Stealth from Kirk.

shoot straight shoot often

Offline savage1

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Sasquatch SS in the house
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 07:17:00 PM »
Thats a nice one. Let us know when you get a deer with it..
Lou
Beetle kill, Usa.

Offline Scott E

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 07:20:00 PM »
Gotta love bocote. Kirk is a master at what he does.
Self reliance cannot be bought

Offline lilbobby

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2014, 07:22:00 PM »
Nice bow!
Conny

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 08:13:00 PM »
Never a question on his work about performance, and that boy can nail a grip, can't he??  

He flat amazes me!  

I shot a number of his SS at Bmo a couple years back that he brought for folks to see/try...I was shooting WAY over my comfort poundage and didn't even know it!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline ARCHER2

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2014, 09:44:00 PM »
Katman,
Looks like another winner there brother! Ole' Kirk's got it going on don't he!
 :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:    Our season opens this coming weekend. I'm hoping for a chance at a whitetail with the Sasquatch longbow.
Good luck buddy!
Charlie
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength:they shall mount up with wings as eagles:they shall run and not be weary:and they shall walk and not faint......Isaiah 40;31

"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2014, 12:19:00 AM »
I got a slide show i'm putting together on the build photos for you guys to look at, but i'm having some issues with photo bucket tonight for some reason....

Glad you like the bow Gery. I blew up some perfectly good arrow nocks shooting that one once i padded the strike out a bit to match the shafts. You got yourself a shooter there bro...

Offline katman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2014, 07:32:00 AM »
Charlie, glad you like the Sasquatch longbow, I do miss her and she is no slouch to look at or shoot with the bocote that has darkened nicely with age. Good luck on the opener.

Docnoc, best grips I ever had made come from Kirk. And you are correct that the back end of the draw is so smooth it feels lighter.

Savage1, will let you guys know when meat is made, passed a small buck waiting for the one.

Kirk, like the bow is an understatement. You really knocked it out of the park with this one. Yes she is grouping arrows very well for me. I was having trouble with photobucket last night also.

Guys the slide show of the build will be cool. Kirk sent lots of pics from initial spread of the materials, glueup, riser shape, tiller and finish.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2014, 12:43:00 PM »
I love seeing those slide shows of Kirk's. I will NEVER attempt to build any bow parts, but it's cool to see what our money buys and is involved in the wait time... excellent craftsmanship and a fitting out come each and every time!

Yup, Gery, I fought grips of every shape, size and angle for years...till Kirk got photos of me shooting, and ended up building a grip that now fits like it was built for ME...oh, wait...it WAS!  :)
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2014, 09:18:00 PM »
Here ya go guys.... a couple pics with some color and the slide show of the build.... I had enough problems getting the dang thing put together i didn't bother adding music to it.

The You tube link is at the bottom for the slide show...

Offline katman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2014, 09:47:00 PM »
Thanks so much for putting the slide show together Kirk, really enjoyed a glimpse of how it is done. And guys she looks better in person and shoots like a dream.

Offline Wannabe1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • TGMM Family of the Bow
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2014, 09:53:00 PM »
That sure is a beauty! Congrats.
Desert Shield/Storm, Somalia and IOF Veteran
"The Mountains are calling and, I must go!" John Muir

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2014, 12:34:00 PM »
NO feature of the Sasquatch Bigfoot works is complete without the star GRACIE! What a dog!  :)

I'd totally missed the veneers on the tip before...doh! Nice add on.

After shooting a couple SS at B'more, I can only imagine how SWEET yours shoots, Ger.

Again, congrats...functional art!!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Online Steelhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2014, 01:46:00 AM »
ttt

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2014, 04:47:00 PM »
Eric,

Isn't it about time a BF was in your collection??

:knothead:    :rolleyes:    :laughing:

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Online non-typical

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2014, 04:52:00 PM »
That's sweet like honey!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Tradgang member #160

Offline PaulDeadringer29

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2014, 05:56:00 PM »
That is a mean looking bow, love Kirk's bows.

Offline Steve Jr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2014, 07:12:00 PM »
Very nice, bacote is one of my favorites.
Steve Jr

Stalker Coyote FXT LB 58" & 48#@26"
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member

Offline katman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2014, 07:57:00 PM »
Thanks guys, credit goes to Kirk, this is my third Big Foot bow, all bocote riser, and none of them are hard to look at and all shoot wonderfully, so balanced, well timed, smooth and quick.

No one has mentioned the flush limb bolts with phenolic overlay, I think it makes the lines very smooth. I decided not to put bocote here so as not to draw attention to them.

Doc noc, yes the bocote belly lams is a very nice touch Kirk suggested.

Offline PaulDeadringer29

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2014, 09:03:00 PM »
I noticed them :-)

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©