3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Gonna buy me a climber  (Read 998 times)

Offline hogless

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Gonna buy me a climber
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2014, 07:46:00 AM »
Look at the open shot by summit it is made for bow hunters you can shoot setting down there is nothing in the way and the seat fold up and makes a pad aginst the tree if you want to stand up is also light weight

Online LookMomNoSights

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2014, 07:50:00 AM »
Do yourself a favor.....BUY A SUMMIT!!!!

Offline Lefty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2014, 07:56:00 AM »
I have the LW hand climber and love it.  I have owned other climbers and it is still my favorite, especially after adding the strap to use it as a sit and climb (I think they come with them).  That being said, it I had to do it over again, I would buy 3 or 4 LW sticks and the LW Alpha or a new XOP tree stand and sticks (which the ran by the original owner and creator of LW), instead of a climber.  A lot of advantages to not having to find a tree with no branches (or cutting your way up) as high as you want to climb.

Offline RLA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2014, 09:14:00 AM »
Take a look at Cougar Claw treestands, made in the the USA. I got the super sport model this year and love it. I added some third hand stabilizer straps and I feel it's about the perfect climber.

Offline Gen273

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2014, 12:35:00 PM »
Originally posted by Gooserbat:
Take a look at Treewalker,  I've used several different stands over the years and it's the only one I use.
I agree, I have had a bunch of stands, but I really like my Treewalker. and they are made in the USA! By the way, I have a summit now as well, but I much prefer my Treewalker.
Jesus Saves (ROM 10:13)

Offline Ron Vought

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2014, 12:46:00 PM »
IMO The Lone Wolf sit and climb stand is easier to use than the LW hand climber. The only problem is shooting with a longbow from the sides of the stand with the sit and climb...The seat gets in the way.

Ron

Offline Thrasher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2014, 03:37:00 PM »
Treewalker for me as well.  Received my second one in the mail two nights ago.

Offline hogless

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2014, 04:26:00 PM »
Look at the open shot by summit it is made for bow hunters you can shoot setting down there is nothing in the way and the seat fold up and makes a pad aginst the tree if you want to stand up is also light weight

Offline Hoyt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2014, 04:28:00 PM »
I use a bunch of loc ons and climbers, but like Lone Wolf Hand Climber best. Just ordered one of the XOP Hand Climbers and XOP loc on and steps..lots cheaper than Lone Wolf and suppose to be the same thing.

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2014, 05:29:00 PM »
Terry,

When I am exploring I have a Lone Wolf Assault hang on with sticks...do you use a linemans belt to hang your stands?  I have it set up to go up ONCE then pull up the bow.

If I am going in a long way for a short sit; Lone Wolf hand climber.

It I am going in somewhere to sit ALL day; Summit Python. I really, really try to find a tree for that Summit if it is going to be a long sit...they are SO comfortable.

Offline bowless

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2014, 05:32:00 PM »
The Summit climber I had was a little bulky to carry, but great for an all day sit.  
Should have kept it   :(
Isaiah 53:5  and with his stripes we are healed.

Offline foxbo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2014, 07:28:00 PM »

For you guys having a tough time of climbing with the Lone Wolf Hand Climber, you need to attach a strap to make it a sit n climb style stand. The strap makes a world of difference and the climbing is easy. I tried a Summit once, but returned it after the first outing.

I also have the sit n climb portion for my LW hand climber. I use it for gun hunting. The Hand Climber is better suited to the traditional bow as the seat can be folded up and out of the way.
N/A

Offline limbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2014, 08:34:00 PM »
Summits are NOISY! Especially when temps dip down below 20*.

I struggle a bit with the LW and the belts folding under as I ascend. The LW is quiet, silent in fact. The Summits climb more efficiently by I cant tank the noise.

I am looking at a flip top LW, the design looks to be perfect for stick bow hunters.
Kevin Osworth
->>>--TGMM Family of the Bow-->

Offline RAU

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2014, 08:46:00 PM »
I love my lone wolf hand climber . I think it's the perfect climber especially if you've gotta pack in a ways. Another benefit is you can just pack the seat portion in with the traction belt over your shoulder like a shoulder bag and have the ultimate light weigh ground hunting tree seat!

Online BUCKY

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2014, 08:46:00 PM »
I use a Loggy base (cable model) with a Lone Wolf hand climber top.

Offline Todweelz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2014, 08:50:00 PM »
Love the summit, tried a lw and didn't care for it . Guess its a personal thing, Terry if you want to borrow mine to try let me know, wish I was closer I would just bring it by  I won't be using it for another week or so, knee still pretty tight. Todd

Offline Steve Jr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2014, 09:38:00 PM »
LW hand climber for me, I wouldn't trade it for nothin!
Steve Jr

Stalker Coyote FXT LB 58" & 48#@26"
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member

Offline The Night Stalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2014, 10:08:00 PM »
Ed, I did the same thing by attaching a strap but I like your design better. It looks like I will be going to the hardware store tomorrow. Tim in NC
Speed does not Kill, Silence Kills
Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline doeboy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2014, 01:12:00 PM »
Ol' Man is my fav. very comfortable and super stable in the stand.

Offline foxbo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2014, 07:12:00 PM »
If you're using a LW hand climber without the strap, you're missing out. I sit on the strap, lay my arms on top of the seat as I sort of grasp the side of the tree. Makes for easy up and down.

Tim, good luck at the hardware store. I used the torque nuts and washers on both sides of the bolt. I also doubled the strap material where the bolts go thru. I used a 16 penny nail held in a pair of vice grip pliers to make the holes. I heated the nail to a red glow and it slides thru the nylon as easy a butter. Just slide it in and back out. The hole will be the correct size.
N/A

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©