3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Indiana Success Thread  (Read 2385 times)

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Indiana Success Thread
« Reply #120 on: November 06, 2014, 03:47:00 PM »
Congrats to all the successful hunters.
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline ELKDUDE07

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #121 on: November 06, 2014, 05:52:00 PM »
Thanks guys, Best of luck to you all.

Offline sheepdogreno

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #122 on: November 06, 2014, 09:40:00 PM »
No success tonight but I did get close to a nice 8pt. I was on the ground due to high winds and he came right to me until about 30yds out and he stopped to feed. Then just casually walked the other way after feeding a few minutes. I'm only comfortable shooting out to 20 so I never even thought about trying to take the shot. Do I wish k had wheels? No way because I know when it happens it will be the best feeling on my archery career since I've yet to harvest a whitetail with my bow.
I'd rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6

Tradtech Titan 2 is my go to platform

Offline meathead

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #123 on: November 07, 2014, 09:29:00 PM »
I've seen 7 bucks and 7 does in the last two days.  Had about half of them within 30 yards.  The biggest was this morning at about 25 yards.  just couldn't find a hole to get an arrow through.  Maybe tomorrow.

Offline beyondmyken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #124 on: November 09, 2014, 07:47:00 AM »
No shot opportunities but last evening I had about 15 does in different groups go by at 30-35 yards.   In one group, the lead doe must have seen me move, she circled around me for 10 minutes with the head bob, pretend to feed and look up action.  She got within 10-12 yards but was always keeping an eye on me.  The last group of does kept looking down into the creek bottom and were spooky.  They were still around me and it got past legal shooting time.  I was waiting for them to leave when I hear heavy footsteps and see a heavy bodied blob come from the creek bottom.   He walked around me within 10-15 yards for quite a while.   He would charge at the does and they would snort and run off just a short distance.  I guess they were not in heat and could tell he had lust in his eyes.  Things finally got quiet and I left but plan to be back this afternoon.  By the way,  this is the first time I have seen deer in 4 hunts.

Offline meathead

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #125 on: November 09, 2014, 04:23:00 PM »

Seeing a lot of these guys still.  I have seen three nice deer in the last two days that wouldn't cooperate.  One at 20 yards behind me.  Had a good morning today.  6 bucks and 5 does.  I am off all this week too.  Hopefully I'll be able to close the deal on one or two in the next few days.

Online Mike Bolin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #126 on: November 09, 2014, 04:30:00 PM »
Saw 14 does yesterday and one small forky. Actually had 7 does come through together at about 8:30. Not used to seeing that many together this early?! Am off on Veteran's Day and we still have the 14th before the gun season. Was really hoping to have at least a doe in the freezer before gun season, but I've had good success with the bow on the gun opener! Good luck to everyone and congrats to those who got 'er done!
Centaur longbow 62", 43#@28"
River Raisin Siren, 60", 41#@28"
Osage Selfbow 62", 47#@28
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Offline skychief

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #127 on: November 09, 2014, 07:27:00 PM »
Had a great late morning today.  Saw 1 doe and 3 bucks. Just about took one too....

About 10:00 I heard grunting and trotting in a deep hollow I was hunting beside (in my favorite stand).  I gave a couple of grunts after grabbing my bow, and, here he came!

The short version is that I managed to coax a good sized 10 pointer broadside to within FIVE yards of my stand.  When he stopped I came to full draw, but, had a darn beech limb covering his ribcage.  I slowly bent my knees a few inches looking for the clearance I needed.  It wasn't slowly enough to suit him.  I was busted!!!

Did I mention that he was FIVE yards away?   :knothead:   Rats!

Good luck all.  They're really roaming right now and I'm scheduled for vacation the next two weeks!

Offline ISP 5353

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #128 on: November 09, 2014, 08:21:00 PM »
Hunted from daybreak until about 11am.  I saw 4 does, 1 small spike and a nice 8 point.  I had the 8 point at 25 yards, but no shot opportunity.  Good luck everyone!

Online achigan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #129 on: November 09, 2014, 09:16:00 PM »
G'luck all. I worked Saturday so I'm in the wood
s tomorrow.
...because bow hunting always involves the same essentials. One hunter. One arrow. One animal. -Don Thomas

Online achigan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #130 on: November 10, 2014, 07:02:00 PM »
After hitting four, I finally got one home. This is my first trad kill. [/url] [/IMG]
...because bow hunting always involves the same essentials. One hunter. One arrow. One animal. -Don Thomas

Offline quikfire

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #131 on: November 12, 2014, 10:22:00 AM »
Nice shot, I don't carry enough arrows to shoot at all the tree rats I have been seeing from my stand.

Online Mike Bolin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #132 on: November 12, 2014, 12:34:00 PM »
Shot nice little doe last night. trying to figure out how to get the pic off my phone.
Centaur longbow 62", 43#@28"
River Raisin Siren, 60", 41#@28"
Osage Selfbow 62", 47#@28
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Offline frank bullitt

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #133 on: November 12, 2014, 03:29:00 PM »
Good to hear Mike!

Offline frank bullitt

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #134 on: November 12, 2014, 03:31:00 PM »
Nice shot on the squirrel, Jim!
My favorite animal to hunt, too!

Offline meathead

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #135 on: November 12, 2014, 08:30:00 PM »
Had this guy at about 8 yards yesterday morning.  I have been seeing quite a few deer the last couple days.  Two more before the orange army takes over.  

Offline dbd870

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #136 on: November 13, 2014, 10:45:00 AM »
I'm done with the bow for the year with firearm, then Muzzleloader, then doe only firearm seasons starting on Saturday. I had 3 almost in range and a saw a bunch more of them. Very enjoyable archery season, but I want 3 this year and now it's time to put meat in the freezer. I'll have to wait another year for my first trad. deer.
SWA Spyder

Offline b.glass

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #137 on: November 13, 2014, 02:23:00 PM »
x2 what frank said on the squirrel!

A Ft. Wayne guy had his first bow kill buck on a separate thread btw.
B.Glass, aka Mom, aka Longbowwoman
Gregory R. Glass Feb. 14th, 1989-April 1st, 2007; Forever 18.
TGMM Family of The Bow
Mark 5:36 "Don't be afraid, just believe".

Offline b.glass

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #138 on: November 23, 2014, 08:46:00 PM »
Did anyone go out in that awful weather we had? I was out a week ago Fri and had a widish 6 pt come by as close as 20 yd. I took a few pictures but I don't think any of them are good enough to post. That was as exciting as getting a shot!
B.Glass, aka Mom, aka Longbowwoman
Gregory R. Glass Feb. 14th, 1989-April 1st, 2007; Forever 18.
TGMM Family of The Bow
Mark 5:36 "Don't be afraid, just believe".

Offline meathead

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #139 on: November 23, 2014, 10:05:00 PM »
Bona those last couple days before gun season came in were pretty darn good. I had a nice 9 pt. come in to 25 yards the day before gun season the only problem was it was right behind me. I have only been out once since the guns started going off. Just kind of waiting for it to get over with. December should be good. Turkey season comes back in then too.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©