3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Fins before fur (my first Tn bowfishing trip)  (Read 211 times)

Offline Matthew Bolton

• Trad Bowhunter
Fins before fur (my first Tn bowfishing trip)
« on: October 03, 2014, 10:34:00 PM »
I'm a fisheries biology student so I get the privilege to be around like minded outdoors folk. This past Wednesday, after getting our butts handed to ourselves by a test, my buddy Zac asked me if I wanted to go bowfishing Thursday since neither one of us have classes. I accepted and assumed that we would be shooting compounds. I was surprised to find that the bow I would be using a 70s era Bear Kodiak Hunter 45#. He didn't believe me when I told him I would come close to outshooting him since I would have a good past with trad gear. After shooting a few at 20 yards, which he said I couldn't do, I made a believer out of him    :D . All in all we boated around 25-30 common carp and one single buffalo that just happened to be my first fish. The first common pictured was a 20 yarder that I shot out from under my buddy and the other was my biggest on the day which was another long shot. Maybe I'll get into a deer this weekend but starting my bow season on some fish is just as good for me.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©