3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: SOME PEOPLE ARE JUST CRAPHEADS  (Read 538 times)

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
SOME PEOPLE ARE JUST CRAPHEADS
« on: October 08, 2014, 11:28:00 AM »
Went out to my natural material ground blind on public land last weekend.
..some people need a kick in the rear.

My blind was all but destroyed. All the walls pulled down.
I had a few carrots out by the blind. about half of them were tossed inside the blind and some were balanced on some of the sticks that used to be my blind.

The area all around the blind looked like someone was kicking/raking the leaves in about a 3 foot wide circle path around the blind. So it's all scented up.

...and here's the kicker....
..there were a few carrots left out of the blind where I put them.
They put them them in a nice little pile...and then left there own pile.

..yep..big ol human crap on my carrots.     :saywhat:    

Now I'm not without a sense of humor..

..but this is just enough to tick me off.     :mad:    

..Makes me wonder what they did IN the blind that I can't see.

The last 3 years I've had something happen to one of my blinds.
I hunt different spots about every year..I come back to some yearly if they look good though.

Thanks for letting me rant.     :banghead:
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Online M60gunner

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: SOME PEOPLE ARE JUST CRAPHEADS
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2014, 11:43:00 AM »
Sounds like some anti-hunters looking to make your life miserable.

Offline RedShaft

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2014, 12:15:00 PM »
Bummer that stuff happens here on pa state land. See it all the time. I would never leave anything personal out in the pa public woods. Every once in a while I put a hang on up. Knowing that I don't care if it gets stolen $30 special. I don't even use trail cams. Climber in and out or on the ground. I can't even build brush blinds here anymore. I feel for ya. That's a good way to ruin an outing.
I have even stopped using bright eyes as guy will follow them right to your spot and sit in it.
Rough Country.. The Hunters Choice

Offline aim small...release

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2014, 12:19:00 PM »
Thats MICHIGAN public land for ya. Im sure it happens eldewhere but seems to be so many stories on here about MI public land idiots
Take a deep breath and pick a spot

Offline Robert Marvin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2014, 12:21:00 PM »
maybe they didnt like the bait being out-not antihunter,anti-baiters.

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2014, 12:24:00 PM »
could be..
I'm semi anti bait myself.
This year is looking to be a year of hardly any hunting time.
..so I was trying to up my odds a bit..
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline Red Beastmaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2014, 12:33:00 PM »
I don't build forts anymore for that reason. Just keep it as natural as you can and no one will bother it. Carry your seat or it will be gone too.

I lost two stands due to bright eyes leading the thieves to my spots. They even took the bright eyes!
There is no great fun, satisfaction, or joy derived from doing something that's easy.  Coach John Wooden

Online dnovo

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2014, 01:28:00 PM »
I've taken the bright eyes and ran them into the nastiest, thorniest stuff I could find. Let them follow 'em
PBS regular
UBM life member
Compton

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2014, 02:26:00 PM »
lol that's funny. Hope some thief had the "work" ethic to follow them.

Sorry to hear about you others having troubles.

Offline J. Holden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2014, 02:39:00 PM »
:(  I'm sorry to hear this.  Just don't understand some people.

Jeremy   :coffee:
Pslam 46:10

"A real man rejects passivity and takes responsibility to lead, provide, protect, and teach expecting to receive the greater reward." Dr. Robert Lewis

Offline joe ashton

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2014, 03:37:00 PM »
Pinko, commi, thumbsucking, tree hugging, fish kissing,, bed wetters. That is who did that to your blind.
Joe Ashton,D.C.
 pronghorn long bow  54#
 black widow long bow 55#
 21 century long bow 55#
 big horn recurve  58#

Offline Bonebuster

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2014, 03:40:00 PM »
Behavior like this is WAY too common on Michigan public land.

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2014, 03:57:00 PM »
Happened to me in 1990 in MI- including a gun being pulled on me!  Walked away from MI public land rifle season hunting forever.  Never looked back. . .
If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat? ~anon

Bears can attack people- although fewer people have been killed by bears than in all WWI and WWII combined.

Offline stack

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2014, 05:46:00 PM »
grandfather had a problem with anti's back in the early 90's. He had several of them follow him into his blind one day and just sit around him and make noise. So the next day before he went out he filled a super soaker squirt gun with fox urine, he was also a trapper, and when they showed up at his tree stand and started giving him a hard time he just soaked them down. Needless to say there were a bunch of mad people so they went and called the dnr on him and when the officer asked him why he did it he just looked at the officer and said this old dog was just marking his territory. The officer just laughed and told the anti's if he caught them out there again he would haul them all off to jail. Just one of many stories about that old man who lived his live outdoors.

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2014, 05:47:00 PM »
When I hear stories like this, it makes me not whine so much when I have to pay for a lease down here in TX!

That just sucks, and your thread title is completely accurate!

Bisch

Online wooddamon1

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2014, 06:11:00 PM »
Suckheads. All of 'em.

You aren't far from camp, I can show you a spot or two that I've never had a problem at.

Someone did put a lumber blind on public in an area I hunted and posted it about 5' around, though. That was funny.
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind..."-Fred Bear

Offline cmh

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2014, 06:21:00 PM »
That's a perfect example of what happens in a politically correct society ...... I'm all for going back to a biblically correct society  ;)
ISAIH 41:10 ROMANS 10:13
GOD BLESS..........

>>>>--------------->

Offline Fisher Cat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2014, 07:47:00 PM »
Biblically correct?  At least they "turned the other cheek!"

Sorry to hear about this.  Either they followed you, or your blind was too obvious.  Years ago, when I trapped in the desert, I went to a lot of trouble sweeping my tracks out around each set.  Not for the animals sake, but to hide it from other people.  They were expensive traps. - John

Offline reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2014, 07:50:00 PM »
Freaking teenagers I suspect. They think that stuff is funny.
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA
Mayberry Archers

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2014, 08:29:00 PM »
After season, I had that happen... it was a nice set up and I had some encounters. I could only hunt this patch of woods in bow season...the owners family hunted it in rifle. They found the site and trashed it for me.  I found it scouting for turkeys the following early Spring.

Nothing like plain old fashioned jealousy to spur poor behavior.

I marvel here in the PA woods when I find a big ole ladder stand way back in some PA Game Land public spot.  I guess someone worked really hard to get it in there and nobody wanted to take it out.

Friend had his hang on stand in a tree, on PRIVATE LAND and left his tether rope around the tree above the stand... when he got there, some enterprising and likely young set of arms/legs had leaned a dead sapling against the stand and shinnied up the danged thing, got into the stand, didn't mess with the stand, but took the carabiner off his tether rope...   :scared:  

Sometimes, it is just malevolent behavior.  Buddy was sitting in his folding seat and was dead cold in the December gun season here in PA...took a 5 min walk and looked back to see some gent grab his seat and walk off with it...

They breed, they vote
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©