3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: SOME PEOPLE ARE JUST CRAPHEADS  (Read 539 times)

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: SOME PEOPLE ARE JUST CRAPHEADS
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2014, 09:48:00 PM »
Bummer about your situation.  I have had like situations before.

Thats why I never build blinds on public land anymore. Usually I either use a climber or try to sit in a spot that conceals me. I don't even clip branches to give away the location.

I had a stand on private land once that was in a maple with multiple trunks.  Some one went through the trouble to hoist a gut pile 10 feet up and stick it on my latter. I used to see deer there all the time, I imagine they used the stand and then did this to piss me off.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline tarponnut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2014, 09:51:00 PM »
The best revenge would be to re-build it and kill a deer from it.

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2014, 10:07:00 PM »
Some people are just plain ole a$$holes.
Sam

Offline jackdaw

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2014, 11:07:00 PM »
stack....thats awesome
John Getz:........... Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like bananas.
Ed HOLCOMB 59' KODIAK 51#
Ed HOLCOMB 59' KODIAK 47#
67'1/2  BEAR SUPER K  44#
WILSON BROTHERS BLACK WIDOW 60" 45#
LONGRIVER ELK 62" LONGBOW 53#
1967 WING 62" SLIMLINE 43#

« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2014, 12:59:00 AM »
A couple years ago I had a 1000# protien feeder stolen off of my private land deer lease. I think I know who did it, and I think I know why, but I have no proof!

Not much worse than a liar or a thief!

Bisch

Online Steelhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2014, 02:55:00 AM »
Now that really does sound like a bunch of crap.They should have eat the carrots with thier own special sauce I think  :)

Too bad you dont have them on a trailcam doing thier dirty little squat.

If you did.I would really like to see that go viral.

I have experienced sabatage tactics by other hunters myself on public land.It can be discouraging

They went to quite an extreme.It sounds like you were set up in a great spot that they were trying to claim for themselves and run you out of thier.

Hopefully you have the last laugh and harvest a nice deer.That would really motivate me I believe.

Sorry for your trouble.

Offline Rustic

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2014, 06:08:00 AM »
Thats a real bummer... some people just have too much time on there hands.
Bear Montana Long Bow 50#@28"
PV Longbow 48#@28"
Bear Grizzly Recurve 45#@28"
Darton Trailmaster Recurve 35#@28"

Offline olddogrib

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2014, 06:54:00 AM »
Re-set it with a trail-cam discreetly located.  Many states have hunter harrassment laws.  If yours is one of them , file charges with the proof.  Be sure to throw in damages and court costs.  Posts their names here(it's public record where I'm from), someone may want to send them "greetings"!
"Wakan Tanka
 Wakan Tanka
 Pilamaya
 Wichoni heh"

Offline LB_hntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2014, 05:37:00 PM »
Welcome to Michigan hunting...everyone in our woods is an ethical, honest, quality woodsman....lol
  All I huntbis public land and I see these clowns all the time. I actually walked into a stand one afternoon and saw a guy sitting in one of my stands. You could tell by the look on his face he was freaking out. I nodded and walked right by him and set up on the ground 40 yards into the funnel. He looked at me like I was crazy. (I knew what way the deer used the funnel). I shot a doe an hour later that ran right under him bleeding everywhere. I walked back by him and nodded again as I went to get my deer. The stand was chained in and a crappy stand so I wasn't worried but he left it and never came back that I know of.
  Was my best ever 'right back at ya" I could of ever done.
  That was southern mi public land about 14 years ago. Now I'm in northern Michigan and the weekend warriors are the worst. It's a rare day you come across a decent guy in the woods anymore.

Offline DaveT1963

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2014, 08:18:00 AM »
This is exactly why I have went to a mobile ground blind with Ghillie set up and why I carry my LoneWolf and Sticks in on each trip if I am hunting from a tree.  I never use bright eyes anymore - I prefer to use my GPS and then I have two reflective tacks about 10 foot up my tree so I can locate it in the dark.  

At the very best on public land if someone finds your spot you can be assureed that there will be others hunting it soon and at the worst - well like posted above some idiots just don't have any morals or ethics.

Sorry you ran into this but I know the feeling too well.  I hunt primarily public land and my most vailable scouting is to learn where hunters/hikers don't go.  That's where I hunt most days now and I am very secretive on getting in and out of those places.  Usually it is the nastiest thorns and vines in the area.  I spend a lot of time in early spring clearing access routes to these areas but I keep the entrance to my trails hidden with brush.  I often have to use hip waders to gain access to some spots as I have found most others are too lazy or unwilling to pack in waders over a mile.

Hunting public land has its ups and downs but I find a great satisfaction at beating not only the local deer at it but also the local slob "hunters" that seldom fill the woods except on Oct/Nov weekends and holidays.
Everything has a price - the more we accept, the more the cost

Caribow Tuktu ET 53# @ 27 Inches
Thunderhorn takedown longbow 55# @ 27
Lots of James Berry Bows

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2014, 08:33:00 AM »
That's what happens when you hunt public land. Bunny Hugger's do stuff like this. But, by the same token, I have had bow hunter's put up ladder stands and trail cams all over the place on open land and they  wonder why their stuff gets ruined or stolen.I know for a fact their compound/X Bow guys. It doesn't matter. Open Public Land is just that open. Don't make a set up and leave it thereand think you own it! I see their set ups shake my head and walk away. Here in Jersey you can bait. Most of the set ups are 60/80 yards off the road. Bait, Ladder Stand, and trail cam. Like I said I just shake my head and walk away.

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2014, 08:56:00 AM »
Hidden trail camera on video mode sounds like what I would be placing at all my sets.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline northener

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2014, 09:22:00 AM »
Sorry for your hassle. I too believe it to be the work of anti,s

Hunters, fisherman and gun owners are under attack and I am afraid it's only going to get worse. A lot of whacked out people these days.  Just last night watching the local news they had a bit about mn pheasant opener this coming weekend, they show a picture of a guy sitting with a scoped rifle. The general public has not a clue.
Intellectuals solve problem, geniuses prevent them

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©