3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Thoughts on the Huntmore Chair; I'm going to Ground this Year.  (Read 731 times)

Offline Keb

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Thoughts on the Huntmore Chair; I'm going to Ground this Year.
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2014, 10:30:00 PM »
I think the huntmore is a solid chair, I sat in one. The problem is if your huntimg in places with no blind, say a clump of grass or small brush pile, you need to get lower than 16".

I have a thread going on the shappel, 360 a very cheap version of the huntmore, I modifed it to go down to 11" and if you took the feet off even lower in soft terrian.

I pmed talked to Scott at huntmore, he said a guy could cut down the legs on the 16" one.

I hunt public land and ground blinds pop ups just don't work that well, and I'm not leaving my double bull out over night.

The huntmore is built like a tank and would be the last one a guy would buy.

I might get one if I get the nads to modify it.

Offline Bill Turner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2014, 11:32:00 PM »
I own the Huntmore and the Waldrop Pac seat. I use to own a Double Bull, both the small and the larger seat. I'm 6 ft., 250 and find the Huntmore and the Waldrop a hard combination to beat for comfort and mobility. If I'm  going to be very active, looking for a place to set up while hunting, I use the Waldrop. If I am going to an established hunting blind, which for me is a natural ground blind, not a pop-up,  I'll take the Huntmore. They are both great tools and well worth the money when you compare their cost to some of the stands on the market. Its really a personal decision. Have fun, hunt hard and shoot straight.   :campfire:

Offline beaunaro

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2014, 12:28:00 AM »
Also may want to look at the Blind Ambitions chair.

Very sturdy, adjustable, comfy. and it swivels.
Irv Eichorst

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2014, 12:47:00 AM »
I've had both and still have my Waldrop, I wouldn't part with it.

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline PAINTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2014, 01:13:00 AM »
I too purchased a Huntmore Chair.  Well made but to me, cumbersome and uncomfortable as any 3 legged stool of that type is, it just don't do good things to my crotch.  

This year, I have been using the Blind King swivel chair.  It folds flat, can be adapted as a sort of pack frame and I can sit in the sucker all day long.  It is incredibly comfortable.  On top of all that, It don't make a sound.  I've bought a bunch of different hunting seats, in my opinion nothing else comes close.

Offline Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2014, 05:15:00 AM »
"Opinions will vary" and best thing is to decide by going to a show somewhere and really look at it yourself and try the pack and put it on over the shoulder like a back quiver..If you can hike a few miles with lets say 12 pounds and have no issues with it then decide for yourself if it's right for you..
 I have had the back surgery and my wife got mine for my birthday about 6/7 years ago and I walk across a cow pasture,down through a brook across a little stream and that is about a mile or so and it does not bother me cause I also carry a haversack and hang it off my left side..
I adjust my seat with a little bit of slack so it isn't tight and this depends on your size..I'm 285# now and it keeps me seated and I will adjust the back leg just a little shorter to lean me back for total comfort,,
 It can be set up in about a 3 to 5 minute time frame and best to practice at home and try and beat the clock to see just how fast you can get it together each time with out making any noise with the straps hitting the legs..
Once you get it adjusted in the field relax and enjoy a 4 hour sit ..Best thing I do is go over it in the off time and check the bolts to make sure they are not tight or squeak and adjust.. I use a taste/odorless "O" Ring clear grease on mine and it works pretty good and waterproof..
 I like the smoothness of the 360 swivel and Scott has "ALWAYS" answered any questions that I have asked..He is a Man that stands behind his product..
    Keefers <")))><

Offline tracker12

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2014, 11:56:00 AM »
I have used a Huntmore Chair and they are nice but to much chair for me to lug around in the woods.  I have two of the Double Bull Chairs the regular and Magnum and they work for me.  7 years on the smaller original version and they are in like new condition.  Not cheaply made in my opinion.  Work well for my 200lb.  I just wish they had adjustable legs.
T ZZZZ

Offline Diamond Paul

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2014, 05:49:00 PM »
How tall are the Double Bull chairs?  I can't sit all scrunched up (low) because of my back problems.  I need surgery but am afraid of the risks involved.
“Sometimes the shark go away, sometimes he wouldn’t go away.” Quint, from Jaws

Offline Diamond Paul

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2014, 08:46:00 AM »
I looked at the vid for the Blind King chair last night; that thing looks pretty durn nice.  The seat looks really comfortable compared to the suspension style fabric seats on the Double Bull and others.  It's less than the Huntmore, but still pretty high.  Certainly getting lots of good ideas here, though.

Offline Diamond Paul

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2014, 08:52:00 AM »
Looked at the Millennium seat just now.  Don't like the support straps that run from the back to chair arms.  Looks like a recipe for bow interference, although it is a nice chair otherwise.

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2014, 08:53:00 AM »
The Double Bull is about the same height as a normal chair (whatever that measurement is). I use mine as a camp chair in addition to its hunting use, and it is comfortable to me.
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline Diamond Paul

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2014, 09:03:00 AM »
Ok, thanks.  Lots of nice looking, and comfortable looking, chair ideas here.  The Double Bull looks fairly reasonable, although the Huntmore and Blind King look like comfortable tanks that would last forever.  I might have to go with less expensive right now and send out some Christmas gift ideas for later!  I'd still like to hear any other info or ideas about alternatives that people might have.

Offline The Ole' Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2014, 10:47:00 AM »
Check the thread out on the Shappell Chair.  It too rotates 360 degrees and has a back on it...

Offline Diamond Paul

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2014, 10:51:00 AM »
Ok, that's a pretty good looking little setup (Shappell).  The price is right, too.

Offline Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2014, 05:51:00 PM »
what about just the top section of a lone wolf hand climber,, maybe 5lbs and you use the tree as the back rest, no noise and sling it around your shoulder like a possibles bag,, just a suggestion for people as anothe ground seat option...    

I personally use these   http://www.nifftseat.com/brochure.htm

but they don't have back rests..
"Us vs Them"

Offline Diamond Paul

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2014, 12:04:00 PM »
Got to have a back rest; my back can't take sitting for long without one.  My daughter's football games are pure agony for me.  I don't want to get my spine fused, though.

Online Tim Finley

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2014, 01:26:00 PM »
I have a Huntsmore and it broke, the hub on the legs is cast aluminum and I don't think its strong enough. I emailed them and they sent me a new hub no charge, I thought that was pretty good service.
   Try a Comfortmax 360 from Cabelas or the Sportsmen Guide, stronger more comfortable and cheaper $100 from Cabelas and $55 from the Guide. It has a mesh seat so I put a sheep skin over it to be warmer.

Offline stagetek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2014, 02:59:00 PM »
It's a very comfortable chair. I use one for long sit's, but for shorter one's I'll use my DB Magnum. I agree with the love/hate tag. A pain to lug around and set-up, but a pleasure to sit in. The swivel seat is great.

Offline kevsuperg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2014, 03:46:00 PM »
Try the Black out from bass pro shops.
 I'm sitting in mine right now under my tree umbrella.
Toughing out the rain.
 Adjustable legs. Back rest. 360* silent pivot . only 75$.
USAF Medic 1982-1992
Life member BHA.
RMEF, PBS, Compton, idaho trad bow hunters

Offline reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2014, 03:47:00 PM »
I just used my 16" Huntmore this morning and I wouldn't be without it. I weighed mine on a scale and it was a tad over 10 lbs but I sling it over my back like a rifle (which weighs the same) and it doesn't interfere with my Safari Tuff.

I keep the seat attached to the front and just flip it up. Takes about a minute to set mine up.

My ground blind I need 360 degrees viewing and this chair swivels without making a sound. It's a great product.
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA
Mayberry Archers

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©